Rydges Kensington London
US$187
Agoda.com
US$203
1,255 results
All reviewsgloucester roadpolo bargreat locationan executive king roomtube stationthe royal albert hallcontinental breakfastthe natural history museumhyde parkmini barpiccadilly linecoffee machineheathrow airportbed was very comfortablebus stoplovely hotelreception staff
Reviewed 13 May 2014

First, the good news. Location was great, close to Gloucester underground station, very pretty neighborhood. Breakfast was great, served by friendly, courteous staff. The bed itself was nice and comfortable, air-conditioning worked well, room itself was cleaned well. Nice coffee and tea in the room. Now the bad news. I stayed in room 007, which I think was below the bar. So each night, it was like being tortured by sleep deprivation. Just as I was about to go to sleep, what seemed to be a horde of elephants would stomp across my ceiling, on and on, through out the night, every night. I mentioned this to the not so friendly staff at the reception and they just shrugged their shoulders. Tant pis, there is nothing they can do. The corridor leading to my room also smelled. I could not open the curtains as it opened to the street. Had free wifi and breakfast. Wifi was sluggish. Has a lot of potential but the insulation in the rooms over the bar should be better.

Room Tip: Absolutely do not accept a room in the basement.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Cindy G
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your stay. It gives us the opportunity to continually improve both our services and standards so I thank you.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on 6th May 2014 for son's graduation at The Albert Hall. Excellent location within waking distance of the Albert Hall, museums and bars/ restaurants. Rooms well decorated and shower large like a wet room. Would definitely come again!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank tpacs
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Susan P,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Rydges Kensington Hotel. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for two days for a training event . Excellent service on arrival with everything in place...including fresh tea,coffee and pastries!!
The staff did all they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible...the restaurant was excellent, good food prepared to order, so a little wait, but worth it. The bedroom was in excellent condition and the bathroom and shower was very clean and well presented.
Although the towels were fine if they could just go the little bit extra and provide large bath towels it would be great.
The room was quiet overnight although I did find the air-conditioning a little noisy but turned it off with out any discomfort as a result
TV and internet were very good. Regretfully, the creamers provided for teas / coffee had 'turned', so a hot drink first thing had to be passed on. Breakfast although continental, was more than adequate with a good choice of meats,cheese breads and pastries. The tea and coffee were excellent. I would have no hesitation staying here again as I know the staff did all they could when these small issues arose.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Westsussextraveller1
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear West Sussex Travel,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Rydges Kensington Hotel London. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I am very pleased to hear you received excellent service during the two days you stayed with us and that you liked our product.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and for recommending the hotel. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hotel was well located easy access to tube. Rooms where small for a king room but dream bed was awesome as always. Shower was good, food was lovely an the bar was cosy. Biggest disappointment was no free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Kirsti D

Dear Kirsti,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Rydges Kensington London. I am very pleased to hear you liked our services and our product.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Unfortunately we are still currently charging for the Wi-Fi service; however this is being reviewed and hopefully will change in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel is very well located, easy to walk to museum and tube station across the road. Cosy, nice and very clean hotel. Bathroom was perfect and room too with confortable bed ans pretty modern decoration. Some rooms are very small but we booked an exective room and it was perfect. Nice breakfast, reception very helpfull and kind

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank helene v
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Helene,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Rydges Kensington Hotel London. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and our location. It is always a pleasure to receive positive reviews.

I will share your comments with our staff as this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards