“Fantastic standard, room size let's it down slightly.”

Rydges Kensington London
Ranked #377 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Friendly service, staff more than happy to help. Room was a lovely standard but much smaller than expected. We spent the extra money on an executive king due to reading reviews of room sizes, so was expecting more for our money. Bareing in mind that it was an ideal location for our stay, this was fine for 1 night but could definitely get claustrophobic for longer stays. Very clean and well presented. Breakfast was brilliant, lots of choice and set us up for the entire day. Overall, would definitely recommend and would like to stay again but for the money paid, I would have hoped for a bit more room space.

• Stayed: May 2014
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

It is disappointing to see that the room size was not to your liking but I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
Thank you for the recommendation, it is very much appreciated!

Joanna Carruthers

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Lovely hotel which is,very close to the station. Rooms small but,very well presented. We managed to get a good deal but would be disappointed if we had to pay usual price. Breakfast good, although they had run out of things by 9am. But once we asked for more, they were very quick to bring out lots of lovely goodies. Would recommend this hotel. We stayed in a side room, no view but that didn't matter. A bit of traffic noise but didn't spoil our stay at all.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very valuable feedback.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good location. Nice service and friendly staff. Modern quiet room with comfortable bed. Good coffee, tea and amenities. The shower room was good size, clean and provided with lovely toiletries. Nice breakfast room and continental breakfast was sufficient. I've stayed 4 nights and enjoyed my stay. Thumbs-up to the management team and staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sue868

This is the kind of feedback I love getting! It is extremely pleasing to see that you had an enjoyable stay.
I hope I can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

First, the good news. Location was great, close to Gloucester underground station, very pretty neighborhood. Breakfast was great, served by friendly, courteous staff. The bed itself was nice and comfortable, air-conditioning worked well, room itself was cleaned well. Nice coffee and tea in the room. Now the bad news. I stayed in room 007, which I think was below the bar. So each night, it was like being tortured by sleep deprivation. Just as I was about to go to sleep, what seemed to be a horde of elephants would stomp across my ceiling, on and on, through out the night, every night. I mentioned this to the not so friendly staff at the reception and they just shrugged their shoulders. Tant pis, there is nothing they can do. The corridor leading to my room also smelled. I could not open the curtains as it opened to the street. Had free wifi and breakfast. Wifi was sluggish. Has a lot of potential but the insulation in the rooms over the bar should be better.

Room Tip: Absolutely do not accept a room in the basement.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cindy G

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your stay. It gives us the opportunity to continually improve both our services and standards so I thank you.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on 6th May 2014 for son's graduation at The Albert Hall. Excellent location within waking distance of the Albert Hall, museums and bars/ restaurants. Rooms well decorated and shower large like a wet room. Would definitely come again!

1  Thank tpacs
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Susan P,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Rydges Kensington Hotel. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for two days for a training event . Excellent service on arrival with everything in place...including fresh tea,coffee and pastries!!
The staff did all they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible...the restaurant was excellent, good food prepared to order, so a little wait, but worth it. The bedroom was in excellent condition and the bathroom and shower was very clean and well presented.
Although the towels were fine if they could just go the little bit extra and provide large bath towels it would be great.
The room was quiet overnight although I did find the air-conditioning a little noisy but turned it off with out any discomfort as a result
TV and internet were very good. Regretfully, the creamers provided for teas / coffee had 'turned', so a hot drink first thing had to be passed on. Breakfast although continental, was more than adequate with a good choice of meats,cheese breads and pastries. The tea and coffee were excellent. I would have no hesitation staying here again as I know the staff did all they could when these small issues arose.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Westsussextraveller1
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear West Sussex Travel,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Rydges Kensington Hotel London. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I am very pleased to hear you received excellent service during the two days you stayed with us and that you liked our product.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and for recommending the hotel. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hotel was well located easy access to tube. Rooms where small for a king room but dream bed was awesome as always. Shower was good, food was lovely an the bar was cosy. Biggest disappointment was no free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kirsti D

Dear Kirsti,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Rydges Kensington London. I am very pleased to hear you liked our services and our product.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Unfortunately we are still currently charging for the Wi-Fi service; however this is being reviewed and hopefully will change in the near future.