First of all, I should say that the location is great.
Prior to my visit, I had emailed a request about my visit which was fully met, which was much appreciated. All the staff who we encountered were friendly enough, no complaints there either.
There is no way though that the hotels - or at least the rooms - could be described as "boutique". For example, the carpet was badly fitted in our room, lots of dodgy touch ups to the painting, mirrored wardrobe was filthy and there was just an overall feeling that everything was just a little bit on the tatty side.
Overall the hotel was fine, but it was not the luxury experience which is implied. I wouldn't say to avoid it, just have realistic expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Kensington London is a four star deluxe design inspired boutique hotel which has been fully refurbished in 2011. Facilities include wired and wireless internet, fitness suite, Restaurant & Wine Bar, Lounge Bar, 24 hour room service etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rydges Kensington London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Kensington London Hotel London
- Rydges Kensington Plaza London
- Hotel Rydges Kensington Plaza
- Hotel London Rydges
- Rydges London