Rydges Kensington London
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
1,255 results
All reviewsgloucester roadpolo bargreat locationan executive king roomtube stationthe royal albert hallcontinental breakfastthe natural history museumhyde parkmini barpiccadilly linecoffee machineheathrow airportbed was very comfortablebus stoplovely hotelreception staff
Reviewed 24 June 2014

First of all, I should say that the location is great.

Prior to my visit, I had emailed a request about my visit which was fully met, which was much appreciated. All the staff who we encountered were friendly enough, no complaints there either.

There is no way though that the hotels - or at least the rooms - could be described as "boutique". For example, the carpet was badly fitted in our room, lots of dodgy touch ups to the painting, mirrored wardrobe was filthy and there was just an overall feeling that everything was just a little bit on the tatty side.

Overall the hotel was fine, but it was not the luxury experience which is implied. I wouldn't say to avoid it, just have realistic expectations.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank quizzer
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

It is so pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful location. I am however disappointed to hear the comments in regards to your room - I will be looking into this and ensuring that it is rectified.
I do hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Location is convenient, maybe 10 minute walk from Harrods, friendly staff, decent-sized rooms for the price. However, in 2014, one needs working Wi-Fi at all times. Day One, Wi-Fi kept kicking me off it about once an hour, and then the access code stopped working, prompting a call to the front desk for a new code, which was done through the speaker feature of the phone, because the handset wasn't working.
Day Two, I woke up to now access whatsoever, only an error message telling me that too many guests had accessed the system, please try again later. Came back 10 hours later, and it was still not working...gave up and sat outside a Burger King to use their free Wi-Fi to send my work e-mails, but also burned $25 of international data charges on my phone sending e-mails.
When I complained upon check-out, the clerk kindly informed since the Wi-Fi was free, they would not compensate for my data charges....nice, huh?
I think I will pass on this hotel when I return to London in a few months.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Brian O

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration that would have been caused by the points you have raised in your review. It is very disappointing to hear!
However it is pleasing to see that you found our location convenient.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

- cleaning was perfect
- internet was not working the most of the time
- breakfast service was more or less absent
- breakfast food was good
- no one helped us with the luggages when we arrived
- the room was very big and confortable
- location perfect
- no envelope was given of the check out paper

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your recent stay, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in a good location. We unfortunately had a room in the basement which was clean and modern , but wouldn't want to stay in that particular room again! The breakfast and coffee was very good! The hotel was too expensive, but we must of chosen an expensive week to visit london! Weekends are a lot more reasonable!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Ginbrad

It’s wonderful to see another comment on our great location!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Spent a month in Britain at a range of hotels and B&B's - Rydges was the worst place we stayed. Staff were rude, condescending and completely unhelpful. Room facing Gloucester Rd had a window which would not close, making it cold and letting excessive traffic noise in. Breakfast on first morning was poor, with very little selection and no service, so did not go there for the rest of our stay. Wifi reception in room was poor and so slow in was useless. Had to sit in lobby for Wifi and still very slow.
Definitely will not stay again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing Gloucester Rd if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Greg E

This is definitely not acceptable service standards by any means; please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and frustration this would have caused! Be assured this is not our normal level of service and I have spoke to the team to ensure this type of feedback doesn’t occur again.
It’s wonderful to see another comment on our great location!