“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #514 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Cork, Ireland
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My partner and I really enjoyed our two night stay here. The location is fantastic! It is literally a 5 minute walk (up a busy and safe sreet) from Oxford Circus station.

The staff at he hotel were welcoming and very nice. They couldn't do enough for us while we were there. Our room was small but well furnished. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The cmplimentary tolietres provided were lovely and we were never short for tea bags or biscuits during our stay. Yes there is no air conditioning in the rooms, but we were supplied with a fan, which we didn't have to use. As we were on the third floor, we could leave our window open fully during the night which kept us cool.

Breakfast in the morning was fine. We chose just to have the continental breakfast. The selection was not vast but there was a good selection which would please most people.

The hotel also has a holding area where you can leave your bags when you check out for awhile. We found this very useful as our flight was not until late in the evening and we wanted to do more walking around London.

Considering the location of the hotel, I thought we got value for money and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are safer if you want to keep a window open at night.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Having previousky stayed the grange Tower bridge and the grange city hotels this was my preferred choice of hotel ! However do not be fooled by the 4,star this hotel is 3star at best. My Room I cannott hardly turn I booked superior for one person, i am sure I would have been given the same room if had booked just single ! Take note this bedroom is tiny , and it's supposed to be the superiior !!!!! One last thing , are we in the year 2014? Yes but this hotel wants me to pay £5.00 per hour for internet, why???? Nobody charge for internet usage in 2014 the sister hotels do not do this ,,,,to summarise do not stay here you should pay the extra and stay at tower bridge ! It's dissapointing to say the least

Room Tip: try holiday inn much cheaper and much better stay
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JaneMorris765

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've stayed many times at this hotel, the rooms are well nice and have all I need. I usually eat out because there is lots to choose from but this time I used the hotel restuarant and highly reccomend it for dinner.

The quite restuarant served me a delicious 2 course meal. My asparagus soup accomanied with a goats cheese side was home made, lovely and creamy with fresh bread rolls and soft butter too.

My main course choice was lemon sole, a generous portion, very tasty and fresh vegetables, the spinach in particular, you know it all tasted like the food should! Freshly cooked, well done chef.

Service was impeccable.

I can't comment on the desserts (to full) but next time I'll certainly do so.

My dinner cost £4 for the soup and £17 for main

I gather they do an afternoon tea for £30 all freshly made with a glass of champers.

Thanks
Simon C

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Easy and relaxed booking by friendly reception. Single room was small but quality of sleep was excellent and the breakfast the next morning was very good. Wifi and breakfast were both included in my room rate. A happy customer. Recommended!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank foodman1975
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just a bit dismal.

We needed somewhere to stay in the area and the exterior looks very interesting. But it's downhill from there as although clean, everything feels tired and in need of some paint and refurbishment. Rather too much brown everywhere.

We had room 405, small, generally quiet but you can hear a noisy ventilation pipe which sounded like a distant jackhammer. And on opening the window we got a strong cooking smell, so no good in summer. No fridge in room, no bottled water, no bathrobes. Not great at the price.

It didn't help that we had to amend our booking through lastminute.com (a horror story in itself) and the price shot right up.

We won't stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank spruzes
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Located within walking distance of Oxford Circus. Ideal hotel for a weekend break, the staff were attentive and although the rooms are quite small they are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The breakfast is very good with a nice choice of continental and full English. We
stayed while on a theatre visit and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsb66
Trieste, Italy
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This Hotel is conveniently located a few blocks from Oxford Circus, it was recently renovated in a very nice old building. You can have any kind of eateries and pubs just around the corner.
The only problem I have found: for the price the rooms are really, really small.
But we know it: real estate in London has a price...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business