Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
US$302
US$276
Hilton
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$199
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$250
Doubletree
US$242
Rubens Hotel
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$131
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$169
US$475
  • Pool
2,828 results
All reviewspark lanethe executive loungered barpark roomafternoon teamarble archoxford streetgreat roomupgraded to a suiteturn down serviceconcierge staffluxury hotelan upgradebuckingham palacewonderful hotellondon hoteltube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights during Christmas 2012.

Only major complaint-- Internet is extremely overpriced (£25 a day) and not a great connection. A chain this big really needs to get with the program and stop charging for Internet. It's really a slap in the face to guests.

Location is nice-- right by Hyde Park and near a couple tube stops. However the weather was nice, and tubes closed on Xmas day anyway, so I preferred just walking everywhere. It's a 10-15 min walk to Oxford/Bond Streets, 20-25 to Piccadilly Circus, 15-20 to Buckingham Palace.

Hotel is nice and tidy. I had a "Superior King" which of course was just 2 beds pushed together, but it was a comfortable bed. Nicely sized room with ample storage and a nice marble-tiled bathroom. It was difficult regulating the temperature in the room-- I wanted it colder (unlike most people in the winter), but it would not cool down much even when I shut the system off.

Reception area always seemed busy, and with guests from all over the world. Check-in/out was quick and friendly.
Concierge was a little helpful but I could tell they are understaffed and very overworked.

I would consider staying at this hotel again, but would probably choose something a bit more central in the West End, like Piccadilly area.

Definitely this hotel is nicer than the average Marriott.

Continental Breakfast (included in my room rate) was just average. Decent selection, good juices, runny scrambled eggs. Was fine for me because I'm not a big breakfast person.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank TravelWhiz1981
Morten S, Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you for choosing Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel whilst visiting London. It was a true pleasure having you here as our guests and for taking the time to share your observations with us.

Thank you for letting us know about the connection issues you experienced with the internet in your room. Although we have not experienced any specific issues with our internet system over the holiday period, I have asked our partners to look into this concern.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the guest room and our marble tiled bathrooms. I am also happy to see that you enjoyed the overall service provided by the team. I have noted your comments about the staffing of our Concierge Desk. Indeed the period was busier than usual due to the holidays and I have already taken note of this for the next holiday season. I do hope that you obtained the information you needed to enjoy London and all that it has to offer.

Once again, thank you for sharing your review with us. I do look forward to welcoming you back to Grosvenor House sometime in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Ok, so after staying here for 3 weeks let me tell you about my stay.

The service is second to known. The Grosvenor House is right at the level (ok, maybe just slightly below) a Ritz-Carlton back in the States. The cleanliness, the appointments, everything is first class. The JW Steakhouse is pretty good, but get out of the hotel and find other great restaurants in London.

The fitness center is very good w/ dumbbells, several machines and numerous treadmills/ellipticals/bikes.

The nearest Tube stop is a 5 minute walk and it's called Marble Arch.

For a ride back and forth to the airport I used "justairports.com", its easily half (say 35 lbs) of what a cab costs and they will be waiting for you as you exit Customs w/ a sign w/ your name on it.

Finally, I have to name personally Telma at the front desk and Merijn in the Executive Lounge as why Grosvenor is first class. They really and sincerely want you to enjoy your stay, and for that I thank them.

Enjoy the hotel, I did.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank corevel

Dear Corevel,

Thank you for your review after your three week stay with us. After this extended stay you are probably in the best position to give us feedback about the service levels the team provides. In reading your review, it made me proud to see that you rated us the "best Marriott in London". Knowing the high quality of our sister properties, this is something I know our entire team will highly value. I have made sure that your comments have been shared with all the relevant departments.

I do hope we get a chance to welcome you back "home" to the Grosvenor House on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

My other half treated us both to a two night stay in the hotel for my Birthday in November. He is a golf member at our local Marriott back home so we were able to get a little discount on the room along with free breakfast. The hotel itself is beautiful and in an ideal location. Our room was an average size, with a very comfortable bed, huge wardrobe, amazing shower and all presented very well.

The service was excellent. Every time we left our room it would be tidy again upon return, and all staff in general were very helpful. We did have a wait for breakfast both mornings but the wait was not longer than ten minutes and the staff provided refreshments during our wait. We ate breakfast in the Steakhouse which was an all you can eat help yourself buffet. I did find some of the food was a little cold but everything I ate was very tasty. On the second morning I decided to order a fresh omelette rather than the buffet and again this was very tasty.

Overall this was a fantastic treat in a lovely hotel that I would most defiantly stay in again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexa F

Dear Frosty 1989,

It was a true pleasure having you stay with us at Grosvenor House. Firstly, let me thank you for completing your review here on Trip Advisor.

It is great hearing that you left with so many wonderful memories of the hotel and that the team exceeded your expectations. As a side note, I have asked our Executive Chef to look into the concerns you raised in regards to the temperature of the food on the breakfast buffet. Please accept my apologies in this regards.

I do hope we get to welcome you back to Grosvenor House in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed in one of superior suites. The room had separate bedroom, lounge and bathroom areas and was a great size. A connecting door would allow you to double up the room with the one next door to provide an even bigger space if it was required.

As usual the service from the moment you walk in was top notch. Friendly cheerful staff who are always happy to help.

Location wise the hotel is great, a short stroll up the road takes you to Oxford street and the underground can be found there to provide easy access around other areas of London.

Not a hotel for someone looking to travel on a budget, but if it's in your price range and you appreciate good service it's a good hotel to use.

Room Tip: Superior suite gives you three separate rooms (bedroom, bathroom and a lounge area).
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJTG
Morten S, Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share with us your experience from your last visit with us here in London. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back "home" again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I stayed at this property in Dec 12 for 2 nights. Great historical property right at the heart of London. A stones throw away from the main shopping areas and paddington station which makes the commute much easier.The rooms are well appointed although small. The bathrooms are nice and breakfast was fantastic. My only complain was that my room did not have a view as it face the hotels inner courtyard which was full of pipes and machinery. Next time I hope I get a proper room with a view. I will definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: Request for a room with some view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read your comments, which I will share with all the team. I do hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards