“Really good hotel in ritzy part of London”

Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
Ranked #229 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Nashville, Tennessee
“Really good hotel in ritzy part of London”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel in Mayfair is in the high end part of town, so all pubs/restaurants will be at inflated prices, but the hotel itself is terrific. Very close to marble arch 'tube' stop, and across from the beautiful hyde park. Great service, great location, very big non european style rooms. Concierge was very helpful in restaurant suggestions, as well as tube advice, getting around. Would definitely stay again. A little on the expensive side, but what in London isn't?

Room Tip: If you can get on the executive lounge, it has free breakfast and late afternoon beer/light snacks/c...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I am very pleased to hear that you found Grosvenor House to be well situated with regards to the underground and being adjacent to Hyde Park.

Our location is indeed well placed for those that wish to view the sights of the city or take in the wonderful shopping options along Oxford Street!

Thank you for taking time to review your recent visit to us, it is sincerely appreciated.

Should your travels bring you back to London again, we do hope to welcome you back to Grosvenor House!

With kind regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thomaston, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel was one of the best travel experiences ever. The concierge lounge was outstanding, the service exceptional and the suite beyond belief. There was a mix up on my reservation and the staff quickly resolved it and additionally upgraded us to the Ambassador's Suite. Great job Marriott Staff! We will be back!

Room Tip: When you get into a cab from the airport realize that the s is silent and the o sounds like a short...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor.

I am always pleased to read that a guests stay has exceeded expectations, as it seems the case for you on this occasion!

I am also pleased to read that your 10 day trip across Europe included a visit to our wonderful hotel.

We do hope to welcome you again during your next trip to London, maybe even on the way home from Paris!

With kindest regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Always stay here with my wife when we visit London for our business trips.

Checking in was very easy and the front desk lady who helped was very polite and helpful regarding finding quick ways to get around to our business meetings.

We booked a table in the JW steakhouse restaurant on the first floor, to our surprise the hostess Precious remembered us again and offered us a complimentary welcome drink at the bar before our meal my wife had also mentioned it was my birthday the following week and Precious went out of her way to arrange a pre birthday celebration on that night, which was a surprise to both me and my wife. She most definitely made our hotel experience and atmosphere an enjoyable one once again.

We look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Samuelsengland
I am most pleased to read that your expectations were met and that Precious was able to make your time at the JW Steakhouse all the more memorable! I do hope that your Birthday was as enjoyable as you hoped it would be.

It is always such a delight to hear that one of our associates has taken service to the next level and for this, I commend Precious for ensuring that your return visit was even better than the last!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Purton
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at Grovesnor House when we attended the BT Sports Relief Charity Ball. I can highly recommend this hotel! The service is excellent and the hotel is spotlessly clean. We stayed on the sixth floor, our room was spacious, with good wardrobe space, a good sized bathroom and a very comfortable bed. Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed on the sixth floor, it was very quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Good sized bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dancingflorist
Thank you for attending the recent Charity Event with bus here at Grosvenor House. I am alos very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

It is a testament to our housekeeping team who work tirelessly to ensure that each guest room is cleaned to the highest standard as well as each of our public areas.

Thank you for your review and for shaing such positive comments, it is truly appreciated.

I do hope to welcome you back again soon!

Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently attended this hotel with my mother who was approaching her 80th birthday. The hotel was everything you would expect from a 5star London hotel - immaculate reception areas, comfortable beds, attentive service. But what impressed me the most was that when we checked in we found that (due to an earlier phone call discussing our specific room requirements) they had picked up on our celebrations and upgraded our room. Later in the day they also placed a birthday cake in our room. It was this attention to detail and the attentive service that we received throughout that made our stay exceptional. I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne-Marie A
I am most pleased to read that our team of associates were able to go above and beyond in making sure that your Mother's special Birthday didn't go by without it being recognized.

We pride ourselves on providing genuine care and a service that not only reaches guest expectations, but at times manages to make a lasting memory for all te right reasons.

I look forward to welcoming you both again and thank you for your review.

With best regards,

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I absolutely LOVED this hotel!!! From the Bordeaux restaurant (They have very yummy risotto!) to the lavish bedrooms and suites, this hotel should definitely be on anyone's bucket list. Pricey, but definitely worth it!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Maulin A
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us at the JW Steakhouse and your overall stay with us at Grosvenor House.

Your wonderful comments are most appreciated and rest assured I have shared them with the relevant teams.

We do hope to welcome you again during your next visit to London!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My friend hemel had a voucher and decided to use for her birthday. I have found some hotel's a bit snobby re voucher but the staff greeted us with warmth. Service was impeccable, food in abundance, good quality standard. I highly recommend after noon tea at this hotel, we feel we were treated like princess's. Thank you for making my friend's difficult week a pleasant memorable afternoon.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank ShaSha100
Thank you for your review with regards to your recent visit to the Park Room for Afternoon Tea.

Your comments are most appreciated and I am most pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay.

I am glad to note that our team of associates were able to make you feel welcomed and that you and your friend were able to forget the past weeks troubles and enjoy a well deserved, relaxing time!

I do hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Kindest regards,