Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
Ranked #219 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Boston, Massachusetts
“OK. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The accommodations are very good, though the mattress I had was too soft and old. The food and restaurant staff were disappointing. One meal I took in the lounge was a disaster -- couldn't get any one to wait on me, shish kebab was not edible, food quality low. Based on my experience, I would recommend staying here but eating elsewhere.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bostonian80
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am most disappointed to read that your dining experiences were not as you had hoped. Please do accept my sincere apologies in this regard.

You may be pleased to know that we are currently in the process of upgrading our Executive Lounge which will offer additional comfortable seating as well as new menu offerings once completed.

I do hope you elect to stay with us again and thank you once again for sharing your valued feedback with us.

Kindest of regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here just one night sadly, but can highly recommend this hotel.We were upgraded on checking in to an Executive room, which was lovely. All staff were friendly and courteous. The Concierge staff went out of their way to help. We had breakfast in the Steakhouse and the staff were some of the most efficient and friendly people we have come across. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We have stayed in many Marriott hotels over the years, and this is one of the best! Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. I am most pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our talented team of associates were able to extend an efficient and sincere service to you.

I will be sure to share you kind comments with the JW Steakhouse team and I am delighted to read that your stay overall was as perfect as you were hoping for.

Wishing you a pleasant weekend ahead and thank you again for your comments.

Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is probably our 4th stay at Grosvenor House and the grandeur never ceases to amaze me from the moment you walk in from the lush reception area, to the gorgeous Library and Park Room. During our last stay on 12th & 13th April we had a beautiful room overlooking Park Lane & Hyde Park - I could not have been happier! I adored the Art Deco style bathroom, which has an amazing shower. Obviously being a Marriott brand hotel the bed was very comfortable. The housekeeping staff were very attentive. The hotel is opposite Hyde Park which afforded us the opportunity of a long stroll on a sunny Spring evening and being in Mayfair meant we were close to Oxford Street & Edgeware Road and some other lovely gems in the area. Sadly we could not have dinner in JW Steakhouse as they were fully booked - there is always next time! This is a gorgeous hotel and we will certainly be returning - hopefully soon!!

Room Tip: If possible a Park Lane view, it can be a bit noisy but the view is worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hearing that your experience with us at Grosvenor House was so enjoyable, I would like to thank you for sharing your comments here on TripAdvisor.

At Grosvenor House, we pride ourselves on extending an elegant and refined service, that keeps in trend with our wonderful surroundings and all that Park Lane and the surrounding area has to offer.

An early evening stroll in Hyde Park seems like a perfect way to round off a busy day here in London, I am glad that you got to enjoy some of the pleasant weather while here.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future and do sincerely appreciate your feedback.

With kind regards,

Heswall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have just returned from an Easter break in this superb hotel. From the moment you arrive you know you are in a special place. The service from reception to housekeeping is fantastic nothing is too much trouble. The food at breakfast is the best we have ever had in any hotel. The hotels central position and it's beautiful rooms are just perfect. However the best thing about this hotel is the J W Steakhouse. If you like steaks then this is the place to go in London. We have stayed here on numerous occasions and have always had a most enjoyable time.

• Stayed April 2014
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your return visit to us here at Grosvenor House. Thank you for your review, taking the time to share your comments is truly appreciated.

I am happy to hear that the JW Steakhouse team were able to make your dining experinces so memorable and that you have chosen to stay with our hotel time and again!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With kindest regards,

wakefield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I loved this hotel. We stayed one night in a deluxe room over Easter weekend. The staff were all very good, check in was smooth and efficient, Anne was excellent, the doormen were efficient and friendly and housekeeping were friendly but discreet. The room had everything you could want, plenty of storage, a large bed and a large bathroom which had a mirror with good lighting. The location is very central in the nice area of Park Lane. This is one hotel I will return to.

1 Thank RuthnRobinM
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am most pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay over Easter and do hope to welcome you again!

At Grosvenor House, we pride ourselves on extending a refined, yet personable service, to which I am delighted to read that you had experienced while with us.

Thank you again.

North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I forgot to review this hotel because we were originally booked into the Marriott Park Lane but it was overbooked and we were moved here - what a treat.
Huge 8 foot bed, fine linens and a marble bathroom which had proper lighting to do your make up - something sadly lacking in todays world of energy efficient lighting which is hopeless for ladies .

Lovely curtains and fresh clean carpeting - we were up for a concert at the O2 and had just one night here followed by 2 at West India keys - a shame cause this was much nicer , wish we could have stayed longer.

I stayed here when I was about 13 , when it was a dingy ,old fashioned and unloved city centre hotel ( about 1970) on a British Rail Weekender Break with my Great Aunt - how things have moved on - and for the better .

Some vestiges of the old hotel remain like the tiled floors but its been very sympathetically restored and re-vamped and the location , just round the corner from the Hard Rock , on Park Lane - well, its ideal for sightseeing.

I don't think we paid a lot really - we were not supposed to be there really- but as an upgrade , apart from not having the swimming pool , it was fabulous , if only for the exceptional quality of the bedding and the amazing nights sleep .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed a very comfortable nights sleep with us also!

Should your travels bring you back to London again in the future, I do hope you elect to stay with us again at Grosvenor House.

Thank you for taking time to place a review, it is most appreciated.

With warm regards,

East Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. My wife and I spent several nights at the Grosvenor House early this month. The hotel is elegant and traditional, but up to date in every way. Staff are very efficient, helpful and friendly (without fawning). The executive level lounge is super. In my many years of business travel I have stayed in hundreds of hotels. This stands out as the best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your very kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us. I am most pleased to read that your stay was as you were expecting.

You may be pleased to know that we will be embarking on some updates with regards to our Executive Lounge as well as suites and rooms over the coming months.

We do hope to welcome you both again very soon!