Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
US$156
US$143
Orbitz.com
2,860 results
All reviewspark lanethe executive loungered barpark roomafternoon teamarble archoxford streetgreat roomupgraded to a suiteturn down serviceconcierge staffluxury hotelan upgradebuckingham palacewonderful hotellondon hoteltube station
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The staff was great, excellent service, great location - wish it had a pool. Some rooms don't have a view but overlook an inner courtyard that is not so lovely. Food was good and Starbucks located in the lobby is open late. Very comfy, a bit pricey. Close to west end, Hyde Park and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for exterior room or the view is only of the mechanical area and roof.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Like many before me, I read the reviews before going to the Grosvenor. Because it's a Marriott there are certain expectations and, sadly, this hotel doesn't live up to all of them. We were there a week spending good money. This got us a room that faced an inside courtyard, no view, with a bed that was completely worn down. Our backs killed us the entire stay. The hotel is worn and is in need of an update. In addition, I wanted to have breakfast in the front room overlooking Hyde Park and was told it was only for use by Executive Club members-which I wasn't. So I got a coffee in a little shop and the next morning(s) had my breakfast out of the Hotel. I couldn't have felt more like a second class citizen. Having said all this, the room was big with closet space for clothing. The staff is very friendly and attentive. It is a great location with the Marble Arch station just blocks away. But this hotel should be used when you will not be in your room much. It's a great place to base from and seemed to be very family friendly. Rooms are not ready until 3:00pm and there are lots of travelers camping out in the lobby all day waiting for rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review with regards to your most recent stay with us, here at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel.

Your feedback is sincerely appreciated and rest assured all of your comments have been duly noted and will be reviewed internally with the relevant heads of department.

I am sure you will be pleased to hear that we are proudly celebrating our 85th Anniversary this year at Grosvenor House. We are currently in the process of completing a full renovation of our Executive Lounge and we also intend to set our sights on perfecting other areas of the hotel, including our guest rooms and suites, in due course.
As you had been informed, The Park Room has currently been set aside as the temporary back drop for the service of our Executive Lounge breakfast. This again, is a temporary location until completion of the new Executive Lounge reaches fruition. I am most sorry to hear that you felt slightly undervalued when being advised that the Park Room was only available for our Elite Members to enjoy breakfast. This was truly not our intention and I do hope you were able to enjoy our other delightful breakfast offerings in the JW Steakhouse.

As with many city based hotels, not all of our guest rooms have an outward facing view, with a selection facing an internal courtyard, which seems to be the case during your most recent visit. Our check-in time is indeed 3pm daily and at times the lobby area is alive with many guests checking in and out throughout the day.

I am most pleased to hear that our talented team of associates was able to assist you with all questions you may have had. We do pride ourselves on ensuring that we provide the highest level of service, while being attentive to the needs and requirements of all of our guests.

Should you elect to stay with us again, we do hope you allow us the opportunity to share our true elegant service, whilst allowing you to enjoy all that London has to offer!

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Grosvenor House for 3 nights and had high expectations given all of the fantastic reviews. We were upgraded to a larger room which was was spacious by European standards, but it felt very dated, worn carpets, hallways etc. Also, we overlooked the inside courtyard which had bird carcasses hanging from the wires, not a great view. The platinum club was being renovated so we could not use it but were told all items from our mini bar could be used at no charge- 2 candy bars and some sodas were not really comparable to the club lounge. The service was spotty at best. We asked one concierge for restaurant recommendations near the London Eye and he advised that "unless we wanted McDonalds" we would do better to come back and eat near the hotel (really? McDonalds? we were fortunate to find some fantastic restaurants within a 5 minute cab ride from the Eye in the end) We also tried their high tea which took over 2 hours with no one coming to check on us and in fact left before they served their last course (which they boxed and sent up to our room). When we mentioned this to the manager they only offered to let us have another tea the next day which did not interest us given our short time in town. We felt the service spent more time focusing on the various wedding and events going on rather than their guests. The last day they were doing major renovation on our floor and though it was quiet from our room, the hallways were all covered in plastic and dust from the renovation was everywhere (as were the workers). The location is nice as it is across the street from Hyde Park, but you can do much better in such a fabulous city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your detailed review and for sharing your observations with us. As you mentioned, the Trip Advisor community continues to share great experiences after visiting Grosvenor House. I am truly sorry to learn that we did not seem to fulfil your expectations on this particular visit.

At Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, we are proudly celebrating our 85th Anniversary this year. With our quintessentially British design and rich heritage, we truly feel the elegance and the comfort of the hotel is a unique offering on Park Lane.

I am sorry to learn that you were unable to experience the Executive Lounge; but do hope you had an opportunity to experience the extensive breakfast offering for our lounge guests in the wonderful setting of the Park Room overlooking Hyde Park. In a few days, our new Lounge facility will open and I do hope you will get an opportunity to experience this fantastic new offering on a future visit– it is simply stunning!

It is disappointing to hear your describe the service provided by our Concierge Desk as the team regularly are recognized as the highlight of Grosvenor House with their extensive knowledge of the city. I have shared your comments with our Head Concierge and am confident he will address your concerns with the attention it so rightfully deserves.

On a hotel stay it is often the small things that “matters” the most and I can clearly see we could have done a better job. Please do let me know should you return to London and give us another chance as it would be my true pleasure to assist in any way I can to make your visit a memorable one.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights prior to a cruise we were taking out of Southampton. It was a very comfortable hotel and service was always more than friendly. We arrived at noon and we were given a room right away. Room was typical British décor but that's why we enjoyed it. Had a corner room so were able to look out on two sides. Loved the huge bathtub. Ate in the restaurant the first night and had a very good meal of fish and chips. The breakfast in the morning had several items to choose from. We enjoyed having a relaxing breakfast. The concierge service provided us with good information about all the things we wanted to do.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Enjoy2travel

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read your comments, which I will share with all the team. During your visit to JW Steakhouse I do hope you did get the opportunity to indulge in the now famous JW Cheesecake - it is truly the best on "this side of the pond!"

I do hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I traveled to London for a weekend trip alone. This hotel had me a the bellman with top hats and tails. I was using points for my stay- not sure I could have stayed otherwise. Upon check in I was offered an upgrade for £90 to an executive suite, free wifi, free mini bar and free breakfast. An offer I couldn't refuse.
Phillip at the front desk was extremely kind and generous with his time- recommending places for me after the theatre. All of the staff I interacted with were polite and helpful.
The neighbourhood was perfect- quite and so much charm. My room was large as was the bathroom.
My only negative was the baseboards were all torn off in the hallway on my floor- but maybe it was just under reconstruction?
I could have eaten off the breakfast bar all day - there was so much and so many choices!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RebeccaWaldrop

It was with great pleasure I read your recent review and I am delighted to read your comments about the service provided. Philip is indeed a great member of our team and I am very proud to learn he made such a wonderful impression.

Grosvenor House truly has a great history and tradition, and I am glad you got to experience just that. With our most recent upgrades; we will shortly feature a spectacular new Executive Lounge as well as some stunning Suites. The work notcied on your floor was part of this preparation and I do hope it did not cause too much of a disturbance.

On your next vsiit to the breakfast buffet in JW Steakhouse make sure you try the freshly baked waffles with strawberries as they are truly mouth watering.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Grosvenor House in the future.

With Best Regards