Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
US$216
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
2,860 results
All reviewspark lanethe executive loungered barpark roomafternoon teamarble archoxford streetgreat roomupgraded to a suiteturn down serviceconcierge staffluxury hotelan upgradebuckingham palacewonderful hotellondon hoteltube station
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this great hotel. Nice room, very quiet, great breakfast and real service.
Everything was top from the first moment at check in until the moment we had to leave ...
Heaven in the center of London near Hyde park...
Thanks a lot.

Room Tip: We loved the upper floors not faking Hyde Park...because it can be noisy (sportscars rating) on weekends...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterpalo
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

It is most pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Grosvenor House and thank you for your positive review.

I am very happy to hear that our talented team of associates were able to provide you with the service one comes to expect from a hotel such as our and that your stay was most memorable.

As you mention, our fantastic location is perfect for shopping on Oxford Street or a summer stroll in Hyde Park!

I do hope to welcome you back again soon,

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in late July 2014 using reward points. I received an upgrade to a larger room than I had booked and access to the Executive Lounge when I checked in, presumably because of my Gold status. The room was clean, spacious and, since it faced a side street, very quiet. The only complaint about the room , which lost it a star in my rating, is the mattress. It was too soft, but that's a problem for me with most hotel mattresses.
The Lounge is apparently also available for an extra charge. It has a complimentary breakfast in the morning and snacks and soft drinks/water during the day. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon. The staff is great! It was a delightful place to relax after touring London during the day. Wifi is free in the lounge.
The JW Steakhouse has excellent food and service at a reasonable price. I only ate dinner there so I can't speak to their breakfast or lunch menu or service.
There is a small Starbucks in the lobby.
I found the staff throughout the hotel to be uniformly friendly, professional and accommodating. I read some of the negative reviews and I can't imagine those reviews are referring to the people I dealt with on my trip.
Wifi is free in the lobby and restaurants, but there is a charge for in room use. Considering the price of the room, I think charging for wifi is absurd, but I got it for free as a Gold member, so its an observation, not a complaint.
The Marble Arch Tube station is a 5-8 minute walk. The bus stop is a 2-3 minute walk.
The western end of Oxford Street is an 8-10 minutes walk. Hyde Park is across the street. The American Embassy is two blocks away.
Since the hotel is in Mayfair, the area is generally upscale and appears safe. There a many restaurants within a 10-15 minute walk.
This was my first visit to London and I selected this Marriott because of location and amenities.
I have no complaints at all about the hotel, but on my next visit to London I will probably stay at another property for fewer points. Since I spent most of my time away from the hotel many of the amenities which make the hotel worth the high price were wasted on me.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor room facing Upper Grosvenor Street which was very quiet. The 8th floor is noisy because of the A/C, according to the reception desk staff.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank James P
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Unlike others, I did not find this hotel over priced or anything less than wonderful. It is ideally located and well maintained. The rooms are quiet and spacious. The service is attentive and reliable. I am recommending this to all of my friends travelling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Donald H
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Rooms are very old, wardrobes looks ugly,toilet very in modern and old style,can't rate this hotel as 5 stars..lobby charge 25 pounds as cover charge ,which is too expensive ,waiters in the lobby very few and so rude,when they talk to you,they are too loud specially a European tall guy,can't remember his name . They need to reconsider the number of them and teach them how to treat people who stays in 5 stars hotels

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tota1118
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Tota1118
I appreciate your observation from your most recent visit to the hotel. It is regrettable that you did not seem to find the hotel to fulfil all your expectations. As one of London’s premier hotel properties we feature a classic British design that creates a comfortable; yet elegant experience.
From your feedback it appears that you were visiting other guests staying in the hotel as we do not charge a cover charge for our guests staying in the hotel in any of our outlets. Due to the popularity of our Park Room lounge we do charge a cover charge for non-residents during certain times during the evening. I am sorry to learn about the service experience you described in the lounge. What you have described is to me personally disappointing as it is so far from representing what we strive for every day. Clearly these are not the service levels we pride ourselves on.

I do hope you give us another opportunity to enjoy what has become one of London’s most popular lounge and tea rooms.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

quite surprised to look at all good reviews in this hotel. but i have a totally different experince.

my takes on my experience is that inside the room is very old and has this carpet smell that my kids noticed as we enter the room.

we came after travelling 12 hours of flying and desk cant give us the rate on spot and need approval even we had booked the room weeks before. this process takes about 25 minutes till we tell to charge whatever price the want to charge.

wifi experience ia very bad, they charge the daily usage and can't get the signal from the bed of this cramp room, but has too stay in front of the door to get signal (we have about 6 in gadgets in all so slim change that it is because of our phone or ipad's)

trying to make the best of our holiday though and not thinking about all these but just enjoy the unpleasant experience :)

my final comment, london has many more hotels to choose from so pick wisely.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Akindangen

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review following your stay with us and I very much appreciate your detailed comments as it is only with such comments that we can strive to make improvements wherever we can.

First and foremost, I wish to extend my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced at the time of check in. It is difficult for me to comment much further without additional details; however can only assume that the rate you were booked on required some form of identification prior to check in. I am sorry if this was not clearly explained by our Front Office team. With our new state-of-the-art WIFI system coming in the near future I am confident that you will not experience similar issues you noted in reference to the internet.

At Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, we are proudly celebrating our 85th Anniversary this year. I am sorry to see that you felt the property did not meet your expectations in terms of design and décor. The elegance of our quintessentially British design and our rich heritage is something we are very proud; but we do respect that everyone has their view on these personal preferences.

Yours Sincerely,