“5 Star Staff”

Ranked #219 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Houston, Texas
“5 Star Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I can say with irrevocable conviction, that the staff in the Executive Lounge was the best part of my stay in London. Everyone was incredibly kind, but my personal favorite was Joseph Simmons. He exemplified (in my opinion) the perfect guest relations employee. He has a great personality (high praise coming from me, I don't hand out compliments), yet maintains the appropriate professional etiquette required of him. He is a true gem.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sperello007
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for our comments regarding your recent stay with us here at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel.

I am most pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and in particular, your visit to the Executive Lounge. Joseph is indeed a very valued member of the team and we are so happy to hear that he was able to exemplify the service one comes to expect from a hotel of our caliber.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future,

Kindest regards

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I totally enjoyed our stay here – This is a typical Marriott luxury hotel and you could “smell” it as soon as you entered the cool lobby. You can really depend on Marriott to get the small things right.
Once the front desk staff realized we were platinum members, we were ushered into the lounge for a quick check-in and received a double upgrade to a beautiful room with a courtyard view – It was between a larger room with a courtyard view and a smaller room with the street view. I’m glad we picked the larger room. It was decorated in classic English style but I loved it. We had use of the executive lounge and it was one of the best lounges I had ever been to – Food and drink items were TOP QUALITY. Staff were professional but very friendly.
Hotel is really close to all the sights – Nearest metro is Marble Arch, Hyde park is across the street, we walked to Buckingham Palace and St James Park – If you’d rather take the bus, there are several bus stops about a minute walk from the hotel. There is a Pret a Manger near Hyde Park that we visited often.
I liked this hotel – A little expensive but was great for our family.

Its not quite five stars but there wasnt an option for 4.5 stars :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GhLez
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I am very happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is most pleasing to hear that you found our location to be perfect for your vacation needs and that you were able to visit many of the sights that are in walking distance of the hotel.

We do pride ourselves o the professionalism of all of our associates and delighted to hear that you enjoyed our newly refurbished Executive Lounge. The Culinary team does indeed put a lot of time in to create wonderful dining options for all of our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again and we do look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Visited for our fourth time in March 2014. As always, had a great experience. Front desk was efficient and welcomed us back. They were very accommodating with our room request and even upgraded us to a Superior room. The concierge team at this hotel is top notch and they make sure to go the extra mile to craft our itineraries to our needs. For example, we had to arrange a car service to go to London City Airport last minute and the team took care of our request in record time.

London is one of our favorite cities so we always venture to our favorite spots for dining/shopping but this time we made sure to explore the local area. Park Lane/Marble Arch is such a walkable neighborhood and offers lots of unique (albeit sometimes expensive) options. We made it a point to experience some of the local restaurants including our favorite, La Genova on North Audley. Try to have the concierge call ahead...small restaurant and tends to get busy at peak times. We tried an Indian restaurant nearby the hotel and it was very good. This hotel has great onsite restaurants too. We love the JW Steakhouse for the traditional English breakfast.

The staff at this hotel is what makes us come back year after year. We can't wait for our next stay at the Grosvenor House.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your continued loyalty and for returning to Grosvenor House again. I am most pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and you managed to get to explore the local area around the hotel. Park Lane and Mayfair do indeed offer many different dining and shopping options.

Our Concierge team do their utmost to ensure all of our guests enjoy a fantastic stay and I am pleased to hear that they were able to make your stay all the more enjoyable!

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

There were a lot of things to like about the hotel from the friendliness of the staff, comfortable beds and linens and large room. However, the location was far from the tourist areas and we would spend ten to fifteen pounds to take a cab each way. The hotel and the surroundng neighborhood has the look and feel of a Park Avenue or Fifth Avenue classic NYC hotel. We also walked a good five to ten minutes for restaurants. Audley's Pub was relatively nearby and was a good place for lunch and a beer. There was a pizza place located two blocks past the pub which served better than expected pizza and pasta. Also, there is an Esso mini convenience store located half a block away which was a good place for coffee, pastries and soft beverages. The hotel also had a Starbucks which was also convenient in the event you wanted coffee or pastries without having to leave the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Should you elect to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to reach out to our wonderful Concierge team, they will be more than happy to advise you on which underground or bus lines to take, for you to get to see other parts of London. I do hope you were able to enjoy a walk around Hyde Park and Marble Arch as well as taking in the sights and sounds of Oxford Street for some shopping.

Thank you again and we do hope to welcome you back.

Sincere regards,

Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have stayed here twice with my family of four whilst doing the usual tourist activities in London.
This is a great hotel on Park Lane. By being on Park Lane, you can enjoy a little peace and quiet away from the bustling parts of London.
The hotel is very luxurious and the rooms are faultless and extremely clean. The only limitations I see with this hotel is that of the menu in the main restaurant...not to my taste and little choice but this may appeal to some people (the restaurant has a very relaxing atmosphere) .
All the staff here are lovely, I especially like it when the doorman calls a black cab for you, love touches like this.
I will definitely be staying here again on another family trip to London.

Room Tip: If you're planning on spending most of your visits outside in the day time, then there is no nee...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
It is most pleasing to read that you elect to stay with us here at Grosvenor House, time and time again when visiting London. For that I truly thank you for your loyalty to not only our brand but also Grosvenor House, it is a pleasure to have you with us!

I am sorry to hear that you found the JW Steakhouse menu slightly limited for your taste; I do hope that you were able to find one of our delicious steaks to enjoy. As I always tend to recommend, I hope you were also able to save room for our renowned cheesecake? If not, then there is always next time!

Thank you again for your review, most appreciated.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The afternoon tea at the Grosvenor House was just lovely. Live piano music is played and the service is elegant and attentive. Enough food to serve a crowd was provided: from sandwiches to cakes to scones with name & clotted cream, you won't need to eat after enjoying this tea. We had a nice leisurely afternoon and were not rushed at all.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pinot118
It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your experience at The Park Room for afternoon tea. The live piano music does indeed set the scene for a classic, refined, yet relaxed, ambiance, especially after a busy day shopping along Oxford Street or taking in the many wonderful sights around the close area of Park Lane and Mayfair.

I look forward to welcoming you back and do hope you get to try the JW Steakhouse, for one of our succulent steaks next time!

Sincere regards,

Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here on a business trip and loved the hotel, the rooms and the restaurants on the property. The accommodations at Grosvenor House Hotel were over the top excellent, I would expect this for the nightly rate, if you want an over the top expensive hotel stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Johnny G
Good day and thank you for taking time to place a review with regards to your recent business trip and stay at our hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that your stay exceeded expectations and do hope that you were able to enjoy the many amenities that are on offer here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to London.

Kind regards,