“Great for a treat!”

Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: An exquisite British steakhouse and a sensational cocktail bar, Hawksmoor Seven Dials is found in the old Watney-Combe brewery. The fine steaks are cooked on an authentic charcoal grill. With a reputation for the best steaks in London, Hawksmoor serves up critically acclaimed British cuisine alongside exquisite wines. Covent Garden Tube Station is just a 3-minute walk away.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is our 'go to' place if we fancy a treat. My partner loves the steak here - rib eye is his favourite having gone through all the options! I'd also recommend the steak sandwich or burger - both of which are a bit cheaper than a regular steak. The triple cooked chips, roasted mushrooms and macaroni cheese are our favourite sides. Desserts here are great too if you've any room left! Staff are attentive - great service and always on hand to offer advice.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,676)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Starters were mackerel pate which was lovely and bone marrow, again very nice. Main courses were fillet which was enormous compared to some other restaurants & cooked to perfection, together with triple cooked chips. My other half had rib eye, which was again perfect & mash with gravy. We both had a couple of drinks & the bill was £141 , which I think is very reasonable.
The restaurant had a great atmosphere, people eating at long tables near the bar & lots of waiters in the main restaurant who were dressed casual, but their service was excellent. Felt at home here & would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a proud meat eater I do think its important to sample all the "go to" places for Steak, especially those that seem to be held in as high a regard as the Hawksmoor brand. This was my second visit and i'm sorry to say that it wasn't a good one!

The service, while friendly was a decidedly rushed affair with our waitress failing to offer us sauces or sides until prompted. As we were celebrating our wedding anniversary we felt like a relaxed meal with conversation (away from our children) was in order however I didn't feel like that was on the menu here.

The steak itself was "ok". With a rare steak I expect blood and juice, this sadly was dry as a bone. I have read several reviews on here with comments such as "melt in your mouth" and "best steak i have ever eaten", unfortunately I do not share the same sentiment.

The thing however that really bothered me was the “optional” service charge that was part of our total bill. Now while I firmly believe that waiting staff deserve to be tipped and I will ALWAYS tip no matter how the service was, I think that firstly, the amount of the tip should reflect the service received and secondly it should be down to the customer to make that judgement not the establishment. My caveat to this is on larger parties where I agree the service charge should absolutely be included but on a party of 2 I think it’s totally unreasonable for them to dictate what I should pay as a service charge. I appreciate that I could have asked for it to be removed (hence the “optional” wording) but why should I be placed in that position? It should be at my discretion what I choose to tip someone without being made to feel that I would be cheating them out of money that the restaurant ha deemed reasonable, especially if the service wasn’t as good as it should have been.

Personally, I think there are other venues that offer similar (if not better) quality for the same price with a better overall dining experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The main issue was the huge over pricing and massive included compulsory service charge.
The menu was over complicated and mush on it was not available.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great service, amazing steak, good wine. This is my favourite London restaurant to go to for a steak. It never disappoints.