“Modest hotel on quiet street near Earls Court”
Review of London Lodge Hotel

London Lodge Hotel
Ranked #312 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I think this hotel looks better in the photos than in the flesh.
But it's on a really elegant and quiet street just five minutes from Earls Court Tube Station.
Staff were very helpful and took us to our rooms, showed us how to work the air conditioning etc.
Tea and coffee making is included but you have to request it at reception and they bring the tray to you.
Our single rooms were quite spacious and very quiet but decorated like a 1990s old-people's home. The excellent bathroom, however, was large and airy, with a proper full-size window looking out onto trees. Good shower.
The bed was okay. There was a trouser press and all the usual things.
The mini bar had a noisy fridge, but mini bar prices were realistic for a change (Mars bar £1.00, bottled water £1.50).
The breakfast room is quite small and felt just a little cramped. Continental breakfast is basic, with croissant/toast, supermarket yoghurts, tinned grapefruit and not much else. You can order eggs (poached for £2.00 extra) or even a full English, but we didn't.
I didn't like the air freshener smell they were using in the hotel, which again had an air of old people's home.
Wi-fi is extra cost.
Not sure I'd choose to stay her again but there was nothing fundamentally wrong with it, and it is very clean.

Room Tip: Single Room 17 has a vestibule to separate it from the corridor and is very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Andrew B,
Thank you for your constructive review.
Maaybe we will see you again,

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is such a good hotel for a single business traveller - the staff are unfailingly helpful and welcoming, everything works,it's spotless and although the decor is tired in places, overall it's a great base. The single rooms are reasonably sized, and mine had a decent bathroom, with proper shower and bath. Comfortable beds, air con / heating and space to stretch out - not usually the case for single travellers who tend to get the runt-end of the rooms. I'll be re-booking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Awolcol,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
See you again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed at the London Lodge Hotel for a few days in May and had a fantastic experience. In the past, I have usually stayed in pretty upscale business type hotels in London, but since this was on my own dime, I was looking for something a bit more affordable, but still in the center of London. And I am glad I choose this place.

I booked a single room (#23) which was small (as expected), but absolutely fine with lots of room for my luggage. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, with a small but nice TV and a small fridge/mini bar. To my surprise I even had a great view of a church and gardens (you almost felt you were in the countryside). The bathroom was fine as well with nice toiletries, but my room only had a shower, and if you are a large person, it might be a tight squeeze. The individual controlled air conditioner in my room worked very well, but the common areas didn't seem to have a/c.

WifI was not included, but you can purchase a voucher. Not cheap, but at least the connection was very fast and reliable.

The location is brilliant right between Earl's Court Station and Kensington High Street (which is one of my fave shopping streets in London). Very easy and inexpensive access from Heathrow via the Piccadilly line. Tons of restaurants within a 5 - 10 minute walk, and there is also a coin laundry place right before you get to the tube station.

The breakfast was good and you have the choice to add hot items for a minimal extra amount. But you will be fine with the regular included options. What I really loved was waking up and smelling the breakfast in my room--I felt as if I was staying at a friend's house rather than a hotel. And there is even a hotel cat that roams the gardens.

Everything was great, but the best aspect of staying here was the incredibly helpful staff. The two lovely young women who were at the desk while I was staying there were an absolute delight. I have circled the globe quite a few times and stayed in hundreds of hotels, but the service here was in the top 1 percent--plus with a personal touch you just don't get in a larger hotel.

This was one on the most delightful hotel stays I have ever had and would highly recommend it to friends and family.

My sincere thanks to the staff for such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank boston_tripadviser
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Boston_tripadvisor,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it really means a lot from such a seasoned reviewer.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you nd/or your friends soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Sayed in this lovely hotel for a night on a business trip.

Room was very small but ultra cute, it had everything I needed, bed was comfy and I really liked the toiletries that were included. I was very surprised with the fact I got a continental breakfast included as it was not in the description, so although it was basic it was what I needed to start my day.

Staff were very friendly and professional, I had an issue with my company credit card and they took the effort and contacted my company and tried to get everything sorted which really impressed me.

Would certainly recommend this to anybody staying in London, as it is just over a 5 min walk to earls court tube station

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Sarah P,
Thank you for your sweet review, I hope you managed to sort it out! Sorry we couldn't help you more.
See you again, hopefully.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

After struggling with our luggage from the tube...it was great to arrive at London Lodge Hotel & especially when we were given an upgrade to a large sunny room with a wonderful outlook on to the street...much appreciated. It is a great location close to Earls Court Tube & also in a quiet street. The bed was comfortable & the shower had great water pressure.The only whinge is the so called complimentary breakfast...very ordinary. And I wouldnt bother with it next time...No matter how hungry I am.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Debswilma,
Thank you for writing a review, I would love more feedback on the breakfast if you have time to email me directly however, I don't understand the 'so called complimentary breakfast' - did we charge you? I hope not.
I hope to hear from you and hope to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have NOTHING but praise for the London Lodge - It's in a converted Victorian duplex, located near bus and underground stops, in the nice quiet Kensington neighbourhood; luxurious Victorian/Louis XIV décor, including the bath fixtures, mini-bar and furniture; free continental breakfast in the on-site restaurant; young, pretty and friendly hotel staff, eager to please - it made our stay!

My only comment on possible improvement was that one had to pay for the wireless internet service - but we were out and about all the time, so for us that was no problem.

This hotel is for adults, not kids - there's no swimming pool, and it has a quiet ambiance. But if you're a single or a couple, or a business traveller, you could hardly beat this hotel - 3 stars, but feels like 4 or 5.

Great value in a fine place, and I would gladly stay there again (I thought the décor was nicer than that of my own home!).

Oh, and by the way, there is a Trip Advisor recommended restaurant 3 blocks away up Earl's Court Road towards Greater Kensington Road - we did not eat there, but it looked nice, and the menu was attractive and reasonably-priced.

Room Tip: Each room has its own individual decor, you won't be disappointed. I was on the second floor and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Bouchardjm,
Thank you so much for your amazing review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
We can send you the names of our suppliers - haha.
I hope we accommodate you again in the future.

Lea and all the staff.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Friday of last week. Looks lovely and clean from the outside and didn't disappoint on the inside. Yes, the décor was a little dated but the rooms were clean. The beds were lovely and comfortable (a great nights sleep). The continental breakfast reasonable. The staff very friendly and helpful. Four minutes from Earls Court Tube Station, so ideally situated. Close to some excellent restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Dear Carol T,
Thank you for your review, it is very reasonable and helpful.
Hope to see you again.