“Pleasant and comfortable hotel in a quiet location.”
Review of London Lodge Hotel

London Lodge Hotel
Ranked #330 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My family stayed at the London Lodge for five nights at the end of June. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Comfortable clean rooms and baths, plenty spacious, very pleasant and helpful staff. It is tucked away on a quiet and attractive residential street, yet a five minute walk to the tube or to any amenity you might need. We came home exhausted and late one evening after a trip to Bath and decided to eat supper in the hotel restaurant, and had a surprisingly good meal. I see some reviews referring to "dated" décor - I did not notice that any of the furnishings were worn or in poor repair - the décor is just a touch more old-fashioned (and in my opinion less sterile) than you'll find in some newer more cookie-cutter type properties.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear ncbeachfan,
Thank you so much for your honest (in my opinion) review.
Glad to see you returned home safe and sound.
See you again?

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Great little hotel at a decent price. The neighborhood is very safe. Don't pass up a chance to wander around the street in back of the hotel. It is an older building so if you are looking for modern and splashy, continue your search. But if you need a safe, clean place to crash after a day of sightseeing, this is your place. There is a launderette a block away. A bank a block away. Sainsebury Convenience store a block away. I personally believe eggs should be offered in the free breakfast, but that's because I cannot eat yoghurt or cheese. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Oops. No swimming pool and I can't make my rating go away!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Pamela4th,
Thank you for your review.
We agree, the area is safe and quiet.
Hope to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I think this hotel looks better in the photos than in the flesh.
But it's on a really elegant and quiet street just five minutes from Earls Court Tube Station.
Staff were very helpful and took us to our rooms, showed us how to work the air conditioning etc.
Tea and coffee making is included but you have to request it at reception and they bring the tray to you.
Our single rooms were quite spacious and very quiet but decorated like a 1990s old-people's home. The excellent bathroom, however, was large and airy, with a proper full-size window looking out onto trees. Good shower.
The bed was okay. There was a trouser press and all the usual things.
The mini bar had a noisy fridge, but mini bar prices were realistic for a change (Mars bar £1.00, bottled water £1.50).
The breakfast room is quite small and felt just a little cramped. Continental breakfast is basic, with croissant/toast, supermarket yoghurts, tinned grapefruit and not much else. You can order eggs (poached for £2.00 extra) or even a full English, but we didn't.
I didn't like the air freshener smell they were using in the hotel, which again had an air of old people's home.
Wi-fi is extra cost.
Not sure I'd choose to stay her again but there was nothing fundamentally wrong with it, and it is very clean.

Room Tip: Single Room 17 has a vestibule to separate it from the corridor and is very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Andrew B,
Thank you for your constructive review.
Maaybe we will see you again,

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is such a good hotel for a single business traveller - the staff are unfailingly helpful and welcoming, everything works,it's spotless and although the decor is tired in places, overall it's a great base. The single rooms are reasonably sized, and mine had a decent bathroom, with proper shower and bath. Comfortable beds, air con / heating and space to stretch out - not usually the case for single travellers who tend to get the runt-end of the rooms. I'll be re-booking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Awolcol,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
See you again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed at the London Lodge Hotel for a few days in May and had a fantastic experience. In the past, I have usually stayed in pretty upscale business type hotels in London, but since this was on my own dime, I was looking for something a bit more affordable, but still in the center of London. And I am glad I choose this place.

I booked a single room (#23) which was small (as expected), but absolutely fine with lots of room for my luggage. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, with a small but nice TV and a small fridge/mini bar. To my surprise I even had a great view of a church and gardens (you almost felt you were in the countryside). The bathroom was fine as well with nice toiletries, but my room only had a shower, and if you are a large person, it might be a tight squeeze. The individual controlled air conditioner in my room worked very well, but the common areas didn't seem to have a/c.

WifI was not included, but you can purchase a voucher. Not cheap, but at least the connection was very fast and reliable.

The location is brilliant right between Earl's Court Station and Kensington High Street (which is one of my fave shopping streets in London). Very easy and inexpensive access from Heathrow via the Piccadilly line. Tons of restaurants within a 5 - 10 minute walk, and there is also a coin laundry place right before you get to the tube station.

The breakfast was good and you have the choice to add hot items for a minimal extra amount. But you will be fine with the regular included options. What I really loved was waking up and smelling the breakfast in my room--I felt as if I was staying at a friend's house rather than a hotel. And there is even a hotel cat that roams the gardens.

Everything was great, but the best aspect of staying here was the incredibly helpful staff. The two lovely young women who were at the desk while I was staying there were an absolute delight. I have circled the globe quite a few times and stayed in hundreds of hotels, but the service here was in the top 1 percent--plus with a personal touch you just don't get in a larger hotel.

This was one on the most delightful hotel stays I have ever had and would highly recommend it to friends and family.

My sincere thanks to the staff for such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank boston_tripadviser
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Boston_tripadvisor,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it really means a lot from such a seasoned reviewer.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you nd/or your friends soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Sayed in this lovely hotel for a night on a business trip.

Room was very small but ultra cute, it had everything I needed, bed was comfy and I really liked the toiletries that were included. I was very surprised with the fact I got a continental breakfast included as it was not in the description, so although it was basic it was what I needed to start my day.

Staff were very friendly and professional, I had an issue with my company credit card and they took the effort and contacted my company and tried to get everything sorted which really impressed me.

Would certainly recommend this to anybody staying in London, as it is just over a 5 min walk to earls court tube station

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Sarah P,
Thank you for your sweet review, I hope you managed to sort it out! Sorry we couldn't help you more.
See you again, hopefully.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

After struggling with our luggage from the tube...it was great to arrive at London Lodge Hotel & especially when we were given an upgrade to a large sunny room with a wonderful outlook on to the street...much appreciated. It is a great location close to Earls Court Tube & also in a quiet street. The bed was comfortable & the shower had great water pressure.The only whinge is the so called complimentary breakfast...very ordinary. And I wouldnt bother with it next time...No matter how hungry I am.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Debswilma,
Thank you for writing a review, I would love more feedback on the breakfast if you have time to email me directly however, I don't understand the 'so called complimentary breakfast' - did we charge you? I hope not.
I hope to hear from you and hope to welcome you in the future.