“Oh dear!”
Review of The Warwick

The Warwick
Reserve with OpenTable
The Warwick is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,679 of 23,391 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$18 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
Description: The Warwick is a Gastropub located in the heart of London's Pimlico, just 5 minutes walk from Victoria station.We offer a range of seasonal freshly prepared food, a comprehensive drinks selection along with first class service - both in the pub and our brand new first floor dining room.Free WiFi is available for all customers and dogs are welcome!
Reviewed 11 May 2014

5 of us had dinner on Sat in the pub - no mention of another dining room. Despite booking, no table initially but resolved quickly. Staff were fine and some were excellent. Music too loud for comfortable dining but I accept that may just be me.
But the food was genuinely poor. 3 of us had rib eye steaks which were cooked well enough but were tiny and cold. At £20 a plate this is not even close to good value. Fish and chips was ok.
Creme brûlée was good but the fruit crumble was remarkable in that it managed to be both undercooked and burnt at the same time, possible put together by two different teams. Anyway, they were awful, were sent back AND taken off the bill so fair do's.
The real question is, would we wish to return for food and I'm afraid the answer is an unequivocal NO. Could do a lot better and does not warrant "gastropub" epithet.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I do not usually leave many "nice" reviews but I have to after reading a couple of the last ones being one of the regulars here!
I go almost every Sunday to The Warwick for 2 different reasons: the first is that the roasts are within the best in London in my opinion, and for such quality £14.50 is a great deal, and secondly because of the great Pub Quiz every Sunday night!
Yes it is loud and rowdy, but that is why me and loads of other locals come here every Sunday, as in fact is usually fully booked for the quiz and we reserve a table almost every week to make sure we can sit!If you love a nice pub quiz make sure you DO NOT miss the Warwick on Sundays!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

i had dinner on Monday night at the warwick. we were pleasantly greeted by a waitress as we walk in. she then explained that they had a dining room with a different menu and there was 25 % discount off the whole bill if we eat upstairs so we decided to give a go. I had the steak tartare with quails yolk witch was very nice. while my wife had the crab tian " truly amazing" I wish i had go for it myself. For mains we had grilled Dover sole and pheasant breast the fish was cooked perfectly crispy on the out side and juice inside. The pheasant breast was all lovely especially the chili chocolate jus. The waitress was very attentive making sure everything was ok with our meal. We shared a dessert because we were so full we went for the Chocolate Marquise witch again was very pleasant you could taste that i had been made with good dark chocolate.All in all was a very nice experience i would defiantly go back and recommend to friends.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went for dinner on Saturday night, place was full so we had high hopes, staff were lovely, menu looked good. We had fish and chips and gnocchi, the fish was so awful, all sloppy and the batter was soggy, it resembled a supermarket ready meal and not an expensive one.
The gnocchi was just lumps of leaden pasta, tasteless. The wine for £25 was expensive but was nice so that was a positive. We didn't want the night to be spoilt so we thought we'd give the deserts a chance. We had sticky toffee pudding and Madagascan vanilla ice cream and I had a trio of panna cottas. the toffee pudding was nice however the ice cream was awful. The panna cotta's were presented beautifully so I thought they'd be gorgeous but they were completely tasteless. We told the waitress who said the chef admitted he had shop bought the ice cream after running out so we could be refunded for that but the panna cotta was down to personal taste so our meal with wine came to £70, not worth it, the pub itself is lovely, very buzzy, great atmosphere but the food was awful so we won't be returning unfortunately or recommending it. The waitress was lovely however, excellent service as far as she was concerned.

1  Thank cherry m
Artem K, Owner at The Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for the quality of food that you experienced at The Warwick. This is nowhere near our standards and I would like to invite you back to have dinner on us and see that we can do a much better job. Please get in touch if you wish to take us up on this offer.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was there on Sunday night and although a bit rowdy with the quiz on it had a great fun atmosphere. The food we had was good value for money and thank you to the staff for sorting out a free drink for my friends birthday. I would recommend it if you looking for a busy venue with a great atmosphere.