“Great Location, Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Marble Arch by Montcalm

The Marble Arch by Montcalm
Ranked #600 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great Location, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I booked this room using Hotwire and after discover the hotel name and read the comments here, I need to be honest: I thought that I made a mistake. Happily, when I arrive to the hotel I saw that I was really wrong, the hotel is really good! Ok, the room is small, but for London the size is really ok. Good mattress, excellent localization and very helpful staff, from the front desk (especially Paolina) to the restaurant! Everything to make you have a really pleasant stay. The only thing that they need to have more attention is on maintenance, I found in my room a lamps that don't work properly on the room and a broken drawer inside the wardrobe, but nothing really serious. Oh, the continental breakfast is really good also!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor have a balcony that can be very pleasant on the summer.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank v_valli
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch by Montcalm, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear v_valli,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful review.

I could not be happier to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you had such a great stay with us. It was be my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team and especially with Paolina who was delighted to hear that she was able to make such a positive difference to your stay.

Thank you very much for highlighting the matters that will need our attention. Allow me to apologize for the inconvenience caused and rest assured we will follow up accordingly.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here for my 21st birthday and as soon as I arrived I was upgraded to a club room which was fantastic. Staff where very helpful and friendly. I would stay here again and again. Location is very central and two minute walk to tube station.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch by Montcalm, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Laura J,

Please allow me to hereby extend you a (albeit belated) happy birthday! Thank you so much for writing this nice review about our hotel; I am absolutely delighted that you had such a good time, enjoyed our club room, and that you were pleased with the staff and service provided.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch directly when you next plan to stay with us, and it would be my absolute pleasure to personally assist you with any arrangements.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I thought I had a good deal for a single room. It turns out that this room was in the basement with a window to the hallway. The room was wide enough to fit one single bed and a small sidetable. I moved to another hotel

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Nicolaas V
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch by Montcalm, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Nicolaas V,

I am very sorry that our room size did not meet your expectations. I have sent you a private message, in the hope of being able to discuss in person; I do hope that you will be willing to give us another try in the future, and please note that it would be my pleasure ot show you around our different room categories.

I hope to hear from you, and in the meantime, wish you well.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Brilliant little hotel in central London. Stayed for five nights in August on my first trip to London travelling solo. It was perfectly close to transport including the tube, buses & the Marble Arch hop-on-hop-off pickup/drop off point. It is also walking distance (about 10 minutes) to Paddington Station if you're headed out of town on a day trip or catching the Heathrow Express. Perfectly (or dangerously!) close to Oxford shopping strip and just two train stops away from Soho and tasty food options. The staff were very helpful - having broken my suitcase in transit, they were happy to help fix it (or if that failed to find a local repairers). The room I stayed in (Delux single) had no views or outside light and was a fraction on the small side (no smaller than anywhere else in Europe though) - but was a small trade off for the excellent location, inclusive wifi, brand new and well kept rooms. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear Allie D,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review, and such a nice one on top of that! I am delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations and you had a nice stay. I hope that the temptation of Oxford Street did not take too much of a toll on your credit card!
Rest assured that your nice comments about our staff and service will be shared amongst the team. Please do not hesitate to ask for a room with a better view the next time you plan to stay here, and I am sure we can organise something for you; I hope to be able to welcome you back soon, and until then, wish you well.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed here for one night on Friday the 3rd of January. I booked the Marble Arch as I had stayed at the larger Montcalm sister hotel across the road a couple of years and was assured the rooms would be of the same standard, I loved the Montcalm so I went ahead booked. Mandeep Chib in reservations was very helpful and said he would do his best to secure a room with bath tub for me.
On arrival at around 2pm we we're welcomed by a friendly receptionist and porter, who kindly informed us that we had been upgraded to a Hyde Park club room free of charge, this was a very pleasant surprise and the room was amazing! We were also greeted by a lovely welcome back card and plate of antipasti along with chocolates which me and my girlfriend loved!! Then we also had fresh fruit delivered shortly after, a great start to our break in London!
The porter who's name I can't recall was also very helpful in printing some tickets for me that I had forgotten to bring, I must praise his helpfulness!

All in all a faultless stay and I will hopefully be returning at some point soon! Great place and great value for London. Thanks to all the staff who were there on that day, please pass on the comments to them!

Chris

Room Tip: The 4th floor room was amazing and very spacious!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch by Montcalm, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Chris W,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your experiences on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you had such an amazing stay and our welcome amenities were well received. Rest assured that your kind words have been shared with Mandeep (and of course the team here at the hotel), who also wished to express his (their) gratitude to you. When you are next in town, please do get in touch, and I would love the opportuntiy to try and exceed your experience by setting the bar even higher!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We Went To London For a Mixture Of Business And Pleasure Staying For Two Nights,10th To 12th December.All Prices Were Very Expensive But We Chose This One Due To Its Location And Connection With The Montcalm.On Arrival The Staff Were Friendly And Efficient And Were Kind Enough To Upgrade Us To A Club Room Which Was Modern And Spacious.Breakfast Was Excellent And We Ate It In Our Room On Tth 12th At Nn Extra Cost.On The Evening Of The 11th We Had A Drink Across The Road At The Montcalm And Again The Staff Were Friendly And Took An Interest In Giving Us Good Service.As The Hotels Are Linked You Can Charge Drinks To Your RooM Which Was Useful.Thanks To All The Staff We Would Definately Stay Again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch by Montcalm, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Gordon S,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Marble Arch by Montcalm. Rest assured that your nice comments will be shared with the team accordingly. Should your travels next take you to London, please do not hesitate to get in touch so we can make it another special stay for you!