“Amazing service, fabulous hotel !”

The Marble Arch London
Ranked #621 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Where do i start!, my husband booked a one night stay at the Montcalm for my birthday.
On arrival, first impressions the doorman immediately greeted us with a smile and welcome on a very dark wet January day. As we checked in the receptionist informed us that they had upgraded us to a suite, also unbeknown to me my son was already at the hotel to surprise me and the staff had kindly allowed him to place cards and flowers in our room before we arrived, but they didn’t let on and when he tapped me on the shoulder and i turned around to see him standing there , there wasn’t a dry eye!. We were then escorted to our beautiful suite, where there was a complimentary bottle of wine and cakes with Happy Birthday written in icing. All of the staff were so courteous friendly and professional and nothing was too much trouble.
We had tickets for a show and returned late that evening and were welcomed into the bar for a nightcap.
The following morning breakfast was a true delight. There was a conference on so the usual breakfast room was closed so we were escorted to the Sixty One restaurant . It was here we met Trevor! He was jolly, attentive and informative without being overbearing. After we had finished our delicious breakfast, Trevor then bought out a beautiful plate with 4 large strawberries dipped in chocolate inscribed with Happy Birthday on the plate, really nice touch.
My husband and i have stayed in most of the top hotels in London but the service we received at the Montcalm exceeded anything we have experienced before. Saying that, i do feel that we had time to engage with staff as it was a pleasure trip, however they helped to make my Birthday an unforgettable experience, with thoughtful extra touches organised by Laura Johansson, guest experience manager, that were unexpected but gratefully received. Wouldn’t hesitate to book a return visit. Thank you .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Pipsu713,

Thank you so much for this stunning review! I do believe you stayed at our sister property acrosss the road, the Montcalm Marble Arch, as oppose to the Marble Arch by Montcalm, the accommodation suites which is this page. However, we are the same management with the same team, hence rest assured that your feedback has been disseminated and that Laura and Trevor were both thrilled to read your nice comments!

I greatly look forward to welcoming you back in person on your next stay with us; if you do require any assistance at all with making any arrangements, please do get in touch directly, and it would be my pleasure to be at your disposal.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo W

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Superb location

Immaculate room with sharp decor.

Ultra modern bathroom...top quality in every detail.

Service by all staff a dream!

Loads of extras ... Fruit, water, chocolates....

An example to most other hotels.... Why are not more like this.. It costs so little ....

So few come up to expectations... This one exceeds on every count!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Skinheadfood,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I am delighted to hear that you were so well taken care of by all the team and that the hotels décor and quality was a perfect match to you.

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person the next time you visit and until then please do not hesitate to contact me should you need.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here for one night en route to a family celebration. The hotel is centrally located just off Oxford Street at the Marble Arch end. Arrived early and were given room immediately. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Room was small and a bit of a squash. We were on the lower ground floor. Decor was modern and tasteful. It was nice to have tea making facilities and a complementary bowl of fruit. The room was quiet and we slept well - appreciated the window that opened to allow air to circulate. Considering its location the value was reasonable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear alivealiveo,

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Our location is indeed brilliant and I am very pleased to hear that our team took such a great care of you during your stay. Our amenities in the room and the décor are indeed designed to make our guests to enjoy themselves to the full extent.

I regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the size of the room and upon your next visit we would be happy to show you the different room types we offer which vary in size and layout to ensure that the room would be better suitable for your needs.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I booked this room using Hotwire and after discover the hotel name and read the comments here, I need to be honest: I thought that I made a mistake. Happily, when I arrive to the hotel I saw that I was really wrong, the hotel is really good! Ok, the room is small, but for London the size is really ok. Good mattress, excellent localization and very helpful staff, from the front desk (especially Paolina) to the restaurant! Everything to make you have a really pleasant stay. The only thing that they need to have more attention is on maintenance, I found in my room a lamps that don't work properly on the room and a broken drawer inside the wardrobe, but nothing really serious. Oh, the continental breakfast is really good also!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor have a balcony that can be very pleasant on the summer.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank v_valli

Dear v_valli,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful review.

I could not be happier to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you had such a great stay with us. It was be my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team and especially with Paolina who was delighted to hear that she was able to make such a positive difference to your stay.

Thank you very much for highlighting the matters that will need our attention. Allow me to apologize for the inconvenience caused and rest assured we will follow up accordingly.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here for my 21st birthday and as soon as I arrived I was upgraded to a club room which was fantastic. Staff where very helpful and friendly. I would stay here again and again. Location is very central and two minute walk to tube station.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Laura J,

Please allow me to hereby extend you a (albeit belated) happy birthday! Thank you so much for writing this nice review about our hotel; I am absolutely delighted that you had such a good time, enjoyed our club room, and that you were pleased with the staff and service provided.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch directly when you next plan to stay with us, and it would be my absolute pleasure to personally assist you with any arrangements.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I thought I had a good deal for a single room. It turns out that this room was in the basement with a window to the hallway. The room was wide enough to fit one single bed and a small sidetable. I moved to another hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicolaas V

Dear Nicolaas V,

I am very sorry that our room size did not meet your expectations. I have sent you a private message, in the hope of being able to discuss in person; I do hope that you will be willing to give us another try in the future, and please note that it would be my pleasure ot show you around our different room categories.

I hope to hear from you, and in the meantime, wish you well.