“classy place”

Ranked #602 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Bradenton, Florida
“classy place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Wonderful location right near Oxford Street, Hyde Park and the Wallace Collection mansion. Small hotel with "smallish" rooms but what they lack in size is more than made up for by an extremely attentive staff and very well designed rooms: they pretty much have everything you could ask for. Deserves it's well regarded reputation and stars.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch by Montcalm, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear mikesil2014,

Thank your very much for having shared your experiences online following your recent stay with us at the Marble Arch by Montcalm. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the product and service provided were able to exceed your expectations.

Should your travels next take you to London, please do not hesitate to get in touch directly and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We love the hotel , great value for money , rooms small but perfectly formed & they gave us a complementary upgrade - (thank you) the staff were superb as usual but the room service lets it down . We have also stayed in the neighbouring Montcalm & my review is the same.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo W
Dear Jo W,

I am very happy to read that despite your concerns about our In Room Dining your over all impression of the Montcalm remains a positive one, and that you feel comfortable recommending us. I would greatly welcome the opportunity to talk to you in more detail about which aspects of our In Room Dining could be improved and have sent you a private message with my contact details.

I hope to hear from you to discuss further, but in the meantime wish you well; I hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Room was very small even for one person. Noise from street kept me awake all night. Bathroom was also small with bad lighting and no where to put wash bag. Location was ideal for this business trip but would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms too small ,bathroom small and dark hotel noisy
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear J H,

I am terribly sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay with us due to the noise pollution and the room size. I have sent you a private message in the hope of discussing further and greatly look forward to hearing from you.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I checked in early morning yesterday and was greeted with a smile and a room.
The room was small but well furnished and with a great bathroom. Nicely designed,
my room was their "Club Room" and exceptionally good value.
The hotel is located close to Selfridges and Oxford Street. Breakfast was good, wish they could be more generous though, minute helpings of Baked Beans, but well made and good service.
Really liked this hotel.
DO NOT use their car service though, I ordered a car to pick me up at LYC and was charged 55 GBP, the car company had the audacity to ask for another 11 GBP if I paid with an AMEX card.
Uber back to LYC was 30 GBP. They need to source a more client friendly car service company.
BTW the hotel were kind enough to charge the fare to my room saving me the ridiculous CC surcharge, but even 55 is overpriced.
All in all a very friendly hotel with great staff, much enjoyed.

Room Tip: Room 305 was very very nice. Go for the Club Rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch by Montcalm, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear starfighter56,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experiences online following your recent stay at the Marble Arch by Montcalm. I am very glad that your over all impression of the hotel remains a positive one, despite your concerns about our taxi company. Just to elaborate on this a little, it is indeed true that the rates are higher than what you would get on the street or via a minicab, however, the reason for this is that we only use the most reputable company in the city to ensure our guests are consistently being provided with a five star experience, from prior to hotel arrival, all the way through to the very end.
Rest assured that your positive comments about the staff and service have been shared amongst the team, and that I will follow up internally with regards to the portioning of our baked beans to ensure we are consistently following our vision of providing value for money at all times; thank you once more for bringing this to my attention.

I do hope that your experience was positive enough for you to be comfortable in returning to us on your next stay in London; when you do decide to do so, please do not hesitate to get in touch directly, and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

It was a last minute booking & found this was the only available hotel in the city centre for the period that we required.
We had a satisfactory warm welcome by the receptionist.
Our bedroom was on the 1st floor, which was big enough comparative to other London hotels that we had been to.
Facilities in the room was adequate to our needs. Bathroom was ok with a weird shower control system!
Daily change of towels & making of bed was normal but tea/coffee/mineral water was not replenished.
Generally, with a strategic location, clean room & pleasant staff, we will come back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zue-mael
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch by Montcalm, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear zue-mael,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience following your recent stay at the Marble Arch by Montcalm. I am glad that our product and service provided were able to meet your expectations and that your over all impression remains a positive one, despite the confusion around our shower system. I am also very sorry that the tea tray and the mineral water were not refreshed during your stay; it is in fact part of our standards and rest assured that I will follow up on this internally.

I hope that when your travels next take you to London you will visit us again; should you require any assistance at all with the making of future bookings, I remain entirely at your disposal.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here after a week at the Montcalm at The Brewery and it was the total opposite. The room was tiny, the air on produced heat not cold air, there was an air conditioning unit outside my room that made so much noise it was hard to sleep and when I requested a late checkout I was refused on the basis of someone else checking in before I had even given my room number. This hotel was a total disappointment!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Leon K
Dear Leon K,

I am terribly sorry that your experience at the Marble Arch by Montcalm Accommodation Suites did not match your experience at our 5 star sister hotel Montcalm at the Brewery. I am also sorry that our staff was not more forthcoming about the possiblity of the delayed check-out; on this particular day we were indeed quite busy, but I would like to apologise for my team not conveying this message in a more subtle manner.
I have sent you a private message in the hope of discussing further ways in which we can improve our service and greatly look forward to hearing from you; in the meantime, I wish you well.

Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were relocated to this hotel by our original booked hotel in Paddington. Our double bedroom was on the small side but adequate for a short stay. Very clean and well furnished, complimentary fruit on arrival. All members of staff were very polite and went out of their way to help, nothing was too much trouble. Excellent location for city exploring, just 3 minutes walk from Marble arch and tube station. I will definitely consider staying again, particularly if room rates are on promotion / sale as it's not cheap!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard G
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Marble Arch by Montcalm, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Richard G,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share this review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Marble Arch by Montcalm, despite feeling that your room was on the smaller side. I do hope that on your next London visit you will call on us again; should you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible and ensure you will be provided with an adequately sized room.