All reviews oxford street sister hotel club room on arrival room service steam room hyde park nice room west end one night stay bed was very comfortable hotel is in a great location rooms are small good nights sleep montcalm bathrobes minibar
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Stayed one night the room was so small fixtures and fittings great but would have preferred more space and the walls were paper thin the person in the next room took a phone call and we could hear every word. Not good for the price

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I booked a two night stay at this hotel via Lastminute.com in May, my booking was confirmed and paid for and I was looking forward to staying here as part of my wedding anniversary celebrations this weekend. However on Tuesday, four days before we were due to check in, I was informed that my booking had been denied by the hotel because the rates were too low. I booked almost two months ago and they wait until four days before to tell me! Really disappointing and certainly not what I'd except from a 5* establishment.
Instead of being excited and looking forward to the weekend ahead, the last couple of days have been stressful and time consuming as we've had to find an alternative hotel.
If this is the kind of service that Montcalm are providing then I would advise customers to reconsider about booking this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017
4  Thank Mitch_n_T
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

After buying a friend a virgin experience spa day we arrived at the montcalm hotel which is beautiful! The receptionist was helpful and staff on the door were really friendly although when we got to the restaraunt for our lunch we were asked for the voucher they simply said 'give it to me' and then took our bags no please, no thankyou we were shocked the lady that served us was more polite, spa staff were much better they were friendly and helpful and showed us around we had the whole spa to ourselves and it was lovely! Just a shame the treatments are so expensive.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
dutymanager2017, Manager at The Marble Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Lisa T,
Thank you for taking the time to write the review about your recent visit to our spa.
I am glad that you enjoyed your time in our spa facilities and the spa team took good care of you.
Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of my restaurant team member. Please be rest assured that we have shared your feedback with the respective team managers and we will ensure that this never happens again.
We hope you give us another chance to welcome you back to restore your faith in the restaurant team.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel for our honeymoon, upon arrival the lobby looked dark, narrow & dingy but the room given to us was bright and perky. The manager provided us a complimentary upgrade to a club room which was very thoughtful, the room had this amazing see through glass connecting the bathtub to the room which was something we had never experienced before. Strange enough it was quite romantic, to add cherry on the top we received a bottle of white wine on house in the evening. The staff were wonderful and eager to make our stay comfortable. The room was clean and tidy. Would definitely come back again and book a club room only.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear phil_mc8518,
Thank you for writing such a nice review about your recent stay with us
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our club room’s magic mirror in the bath. It has always surprised all our guest in the same romantic manner.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your room along with the bottle of white wine. Your recommendation for the hotel is highly appreciated.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you decide to visit London again.
We look forward to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We were booked to this hotel by our daughter as our anniversary gift, it was a home like stay. Although the west end is not walking distance as we thought but there is a direct bus from the bus stop near the hotel that will take you straight to the west end. Staff were helpful and pampered us with a bottle of complimentary wine and fruit basket as our anniversary present. We even enjoyed a complimentary steam and sauna at their adjacent hotel in the other side of the road. Me and my partner thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would highly recommend it to other travellers.

Room Tip: SPA facilities across the road.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Akacampbell,
Thank you for taking the time to write the review about your recent stay with us.
We as a team endeavour to make our guests stay comfortable and hope that they stay with us again. Your appreciation for the staff members and your recommendation means a lot to the entire team.
I am glad that you enjoyed the wine and the fresh fruits. The spa facility in The Montcalm is indeed very calm and relaxing. We are glad that you enjoyed the facility and the ambience.
We hope to welcome you back very soon