“Great hidden gem in the inverness market”
Review of Bar Solo - CLOSED

Bar Solo
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Camden
Transit: 2 minutes away from the Camden Town Tube Station.
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Visiting Camden Town after a full day in Westminster, we were super-hungry. We found Solo by wondering around tbe invenress market. It is hidden behind the market's stands.

Walking in, we could tell that it's busy (which took a toll on the level of service - the servers were obviously stressed and running around and some of the dishes were out)

The food was great however and very fairly priced. We got the chicken and mushrooms and the jerk chickeb - both were great. The dessert was even better a wobderful Creme Broule.

Very recommended, but come early while food is available

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Went here on a Sunday lunchtime as we were starving and it was handy.

Three of us ordered breakfasts - a Spanish one for me which was pretty good, a Vegetarian breakfast for my daughter which she ate most of (so must have been pretty good) and my wife's greasy spinach omelette which she left most of.

Meal cost £27 with drinks.

Service was fairly slow - took around an hour to come - waitress was friendly enough and she was pretty mortified that we found the omelette inedible.

Wouldn't rush back here but similarly if it was the only option around wouldn't avoid.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

I was in London with friends last weekend, we had a nice dinner here in Bar Solo. The waitress was really kind and the prices are not high. After dinner there was a dj set, unfortunately we did not like the music, but it is a nice way to spend the night, dinner + dancing in the same cosy place. There is also free wi-fi.
It is a good place to have dinner in Camden.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We were a party of 15 visiting London and Camden Town was one of the stops. We were ravenous after the market stroll and stumbled upon this brilliant venue - it serves breakfast and brunch and a lunch menu that comprises 2 courses for £ 11.50 . We all went for the special lunch menu - I had chicken liver pate for starters and the Hungarian Beef Goulash for mains whilst my partner had the seafood soup for starters and the Baby Jerk chicken for mains and both were absolutely delicious, well presented and seemingly freshly prepared. The decor is warm and the staff are really accomodating. I so wished I lived close by as it would save my the hassle of cooking at home. This is a hidden gem that people really need to know.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Food and drinks with friends, we all enjoyed the food and had a great night. We then went to the club downstairs and danced the night away till the early hours