“Perfect location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #354 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 December 2011

The location of this hotel is perfect - just across Bond street in the middle of Oxford street. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is extreemely helpfull. We really enjoyed our stay and especially the view of Oxford Street with all the christmas lights:-)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
XParis, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of The Berkshire Hotel. I was very pleased to read good comments about our staff & the hotel. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Berkshire Hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed 17 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for one night as we combined a night out at the theatre with some Christmas shopping. The hotel is situated just by Debenhams’s in Oxford Street an ideal location. Our room 616 was clean and a reasonable size, with a good modern bathroom.
However we did notice from our window a very large construction site, which is the Bond Street underground station upgrade project. It wasn’t until we returned to our room at around midnight that we could hear work going on in the site. Work commenced throughout the night, at times the drilling went on for at least half an hour, it would then go quiet for a few minutes until another lot of banging and drilling started up again. I rang reception at approximately 1.45am to be told, sorry, I will ask them to stop, unfortunately the work carried on until 4am, when I last remember looking at my watch! When we checked out there was a lady complaining to the Concierge that it was her 3rd night of disrupted sleep, they still had not moved her!When I asked why they did not inform people about the noise when they checked in I was told they don’t work on the site every night, well clearly they were . The staff were very polite and apologetic, but they must know they are going to get complaints, why does the Manager not do more about this, it spoilt an otherwise enjoyable break. We will be following this up with the hotel management and seeking recompense.

Room Tip: Not a room on the right hand side of hotel, next to Bond Street underground upgrade works
1  Thank saltyb_99
XParis, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.
I was very concerned to read about some aspects of your stay that were disappointing and I have personally sent you an email last week.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for your unpleasant experience and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to try and make amends on your next visit to us.
I would ask that you contact me directly so that I can personally take care of your requirements.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to Radisson Edwardian hotels.

parisx@radisson.com

Reviewed 17 December 2011

Hotel is very centrally located right next to Oxford Street and north of Mayfair. Small reception area, but welcoming bar next door on the ground floor. Dining room on the mezzanine level, although didn’t eat there. Rooms are small, even with an ‘Executive Room’ upgrade. Got a good deal, but booked very, very early. Service is so-so in the bar, with many people waiting quite a while for drinks to be served from the lone waiter – strange really as this is the festive season and the place was full of shoppers and theatre goers. If you want an ok hotel in a fantastic location, this is the place. Be warned, hefty bar prices, but hey, this is the West End!

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel and its location.
As you mentioned, the Berkshire is ideally located for exploring the chic shopping areas of Oxford Street and Bond Street, with the delights of Tiffany, Armani and Selfridges right on the doorstep.
Thank you also for highlighting Ascot’s Restaurant and Apex bar, both offering great seasonal British food. For your information, the staffing issue has been dealt with and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Berkshire in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2011

Rooms are compact but functional - bed very comfortable. Bathroom has very nice smelling toiletries and soft towels. Staff very helpful - had to get the engineer up to the room to fix the aircon/heating as there was no heat coming from the warm air vents. Problem fixed within minutes. Location of hotel is the main plus point. Very short walk to Selfridges - 3 blocks away - and Debenhams is across the road from the entrance. Hotel has excellent access to all the best shops in Oxford Street - a shoppers heaven.
Room for the night for 2, including an amazing free afternoon tea and full English breakfast next morning, £127 total - top value for such a centrally located hotel in London.
Stayed in 6th floor room.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I was so pleased to read so many different positive comments from you.
I was very pleased to read some positive comments about our staff & standards.

I look forward to your return to The Berkshire!

Regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night as was taking my mum out in London for her 60th birthday. Was very pleased with the hotel. Location is great for shopping on Oxford Street and as we were going to the theatre that night was a very good place to stay. Hotel was very clean, room was nice, and the staff were very polite and helpful. We were even given complementory afternoon tea which was lovely. The only negative point about the hotel was that our room was quite cold at night but I think that was more our fault than the hotels as I believe we didnt set the heating/air con controls correctly. Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and I am sure we will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review and I am glad that you and your mum had a great stay on her 60th birthday.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Edwardian Berkshire soon and thank you for recommending our hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Hotel is an interesting one - good location, right off Oxford Street, so perfect for Christmas shopping. Triangle shaped hotel, so has its quirks. Room was lovely and spacious and nice design, no real desk though, so not sure if i would have been happy if on a business trip. Staff in the bar were helpful and reception were okay - but got the job done. One thing i would say is our room was incredibly noisy - we put the heat on as it was freezing when we arrived and I kept waking up throughout the night due to the sound of the heating system. We should have complained at the time but I did call down and was told it's the noise it makes but it seems very noisy indeed. Overall, a pleasant stay but nothing amazing and for the price I would expect something a little better.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.
I have already discussed you complaint with the Maintenance Manager for him to take action and would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 December 2011

A friendly boutique hotel, centrally located, close to Oxford Street. Very friendly staff, good breakfast and standard of service. I have use this hotel many times, the real appeal is that it is small enough to offer a personal service with great staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of The Berkshire Hotel. I was very pleased to read positive comments about our staff & the service provided.
I would also like to thank you for your loyalty with the Berkshire and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Berkshire Hotel in the near future.

Xavier Paris Hotel Manager