Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
US$596
US$499
Travelocity
2,080 results
All reviewsoxford streetbond st tube stationgreat locationcentral locationdeluxe roomrooms are smallafternoon teabusiness tripmini barwest endhyde parkdebenhamstheatresuitcasessoho
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed at the Berkshire for a short holiday in London. I was a little bit worried, having read reviews here at Tripadvisor warning about noice and dated rooms. I got a room directly facing the construction site next to the hotel, and honestly; it didn't bother me at all. The noice from the contstruction site was not bothersome at all. The work ended quite early in the evening, ensuring adequate silence for sleep. The work resumed the next morning, but was in no way so loud that it impacted my sleep. Again - this hotel is situated in one of Europes busiest streets - if you are looking for a quiet oase, you should probably go someplace else either way.

The location of the hotel is awesome. It is easy to reach by public transportation, with Bond Street tube station located directely opposite. There are plenty of restaurants and bars close by, as well as some of Europes best shopping.

I see that some reviewers complain about dated rooms. The room I got was not dated at all - it seemed quite newly renovated. It might be an idea to request a newly renovated room before checking in - the personell is very polite and service minded.

The lobby area is quite small and easily seems crouded. The breakfast is good and plentiful, but as on many hotels quite pricy.

A special thanks to the very nice desk clerk Jonathan, who ensured a speedy check-in process, and gave excellent service. Also a special thanks to the maid Vaida - the room was squeeky clean at all times.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Statstjenestemannen
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Berkshire Hotel. I am delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. I will certainly pass your comments onto all departments concerned to thank them for their hard work.

We pride ourselves on the superior service that we offer and I am always pleased to read kind comments such as yours regarding our staff and in particular from Jonathan and Vaida.

I am so pleased at the recommendation you have given us and I do look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area. I would be delighted to hear from you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Front of house experience was really good, rooms appeared to be in period of hotel but I my opinion need a refresh, bar and food excellent, location perfect four central london. Ideal around 5 minute walk to underground, close to all amenities etc.

Room Tip: Back rooms look over the back of som buildings but not ver y impressive view,
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Thank yourwallsphotog... A
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy their time spent at the hotel and can take advantage of our location.

We hope we can host you again in the near future. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me in case I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I booked this hotel last minute and did not pay much. I would definitely book it again even if it would cost more. The room was nice and tidy. No smell of cigarette smoke (which happens now and then in other properties). Great beds. And the breakfast was amazing. Breakfast was not included but we had a special price of 11 pounds pp and it was great. Best breakfast ever in a London hotel. Fresh fruit, berries, eggs, toast, beans, bacon, just everything! They also helped us to book a cab for 2 hours for 80 pounds. He took us on a London tour, and it was really nice and efficient. Nearly forgot: Hotel is absolute central. Oxford street is 10 meters away.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review in regards to your stay with us .

It was a delight to read your positive comments relating to our great location, close to all shopping and major sights as well as our fabulous staff who are always there to help and serve you.

I was very pleased to see you enjoyed our Super Breakfast buffet which indeed does not leave anything to wish for.

We are very much looking to host you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for business trips for about 5 years. The staff is always very coureous and helpful and the location is great. The lounge area is nice too. The property itself is starting to get a bit run down and the rooms aren't kept as clean. During my 5 night stay, I had a few stained wash cloths, the sink wasn't cleaned well prior to me arriving, etc. But the most unfortunate thing is the contruction going on literally right outside of the hotel for the high speed train. This construction is 24 hours a day. There is hammering and drilling all night long. It was impossible to get any sleep. The workers were also using chemicals that created very bad odors in the hotel. This construction is suppose to continue for several more years. It's unfortunate, but I probably won't be able to stay there again because of this. I barely got a wink of sleep all week.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the side of the building where the construction is.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing regarding your recent stay with us and bringing your dissatisfaction to our attention.

Firstly allow me to extend my sincerest apologies for not being able to meet your expectations in this occasion. I regret to see you faced issues you with the cleanliness of the room as well as noise from the construction. I assure you this very unusual and certainly not up to our standards. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly regarding your recent experience as we would certainly like to make it right for you

I do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again and I trust that we will be able to meet your expectations the next time.

With kind regards

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I found this hotel through Lastminute's Top Secret Hotels and it is certainly in a great location tucked just behind Oxford Street near M&S. The staff are charming and anxious to make guests comfortable.
However the rooms are very small - I was moved from my first room and although it was an upgrade to a double, the second room seemed even smaller. This is manageable if you are a lone traveller (who loves shopping) but I think a couple would feel cramped. Other guests in the lift agreed that their rooms had been very small too.
Last MInute Top Secret Hotels can be a bit of a lottery - have tried three now - all completely different.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room - then you might end up with a reasonable space.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding the location and the team at the hotel – we are very lucky to have a wonderful group of employees who are passionate about delivering the best service that they possibly can!!

I am sorry that you found the rooms to be a little on the small size and I would be grateful if you would contact me via the hotel prior to your next visit so I may personally oversee the details of your reservation and ensure that you receive one of our best rooms!

Kind regards,