Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
  • Room Service
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
2,084 results
All reviewsoxford streetbond st tube stationgreat locationcentral locationdeluxe roomrooms are smallafternoon teabusiness tripmini barwest endhyde parkdebenhamstheatresuitcasessoho
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've stayed here a few times now as I like to move around London rather than stay in the same place and become like Alan Partridge.

Great location but that means (as you'd expect from an older central building) the rooms are on the smaller side but it's not a problem. Beds are comfortable and bathroom is clean and well appointed. The triple glazing keeps most of the noise out and the current building works aren't really a problem though there was a bit of noise outside of considerate building hours.

The service it excellent and the breakfast is good. Fresh juice (not concentrated) and the hot English buffet is decent quality. Coffee is OK.

Overall, a decent hotel in good location. Will continue to use them as does the job better than most competitors.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review.

May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

If I can be of any help or assist with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was my second stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire. It was a wonderful hotel, in the heart of the shopping district. The staff are incredible helpful and room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is absolutely amazing especially the fruit slices which are very generous. Definitely recommend this hotel if you are travelling to London.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank indiechick007

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.

I am ever so glad to read that you are a loyal advocate of The Berkshire hotel and that you enjoy every stay with us! We always aim to provide a friendly and efficient service. I really appreciate your staff recognition, please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

If there is anything I can be of help with or to assist with any future reservations please don’t hesitate to let me know directly via the hotel reception.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed hear whilst on business. I was alone so just wanted a place to stay in central London at a decent price. I didn't eat anything at the hotel so can only comment on the accommodation. I had to wait to check into my room, even though it was late afternoon; at least they gave me a free coffee in the lounge area (glad I didn't have to pay, given the prices).
The bedroom was fairly small, but fine for me. Importantly, the aircon worked a treat; so many London hotels are like ovens inside.
Bathroom very good, nice and clean and not tired or worn out.
There are some major works going on next door; it didn't disturb by sleep, but it's not exactly attractive.
Overall, it's OK if you want to be in central London. Nothing special, but good value for the £90 I paid for the night, room only

Room Tip: Lifts/elevators are slow and small, so probably avoid upper floors
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for writing a review in regards to your stay with us .

It was a delight to read your positive comments relating to our great location, close to all shopping and major sights as well as our fabulous staff who are always there to help and serve you.

We are very much looking to host you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel is perfect if you want to be in the heart of London. The room is small like most London hotels, but clean, comfortable and very central. Shopping on Oxford st, Regent st, Bond st, & Convent Garden is literally at the doorstep. There is no fitness centre but it is less than a 5 min run up to Hyde Park for an outdoor workout. It is also surrounded by great restaurants, this hotel is extremely well located!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Briony1234
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate that you took the time to review The Berkshire on Tripadvisor.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Berkshire Hotel in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally via the hotel reception.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed weekend 9th-11th August, having booked via Lastminute (Top Secret Hotels) the night before & on checking the standard room rate, got a bit of a bargain.
The Hotel is on Oxford Street, literally across the road from Bond Street Tube station (although when the redevelopment work is finished there will be an exit on the same side of the road) & next to Debenhams; which is having a re-vamp this summer too.
Arrived a few minutes before 3pm check-in time. Reception is a bit on the small side, especially at check-out time.
Receptionist checked us in, then called Housekeeping to check room was ready, as it needed a final check she offered to keep our luggage while we carried on with our day, but as it was quite warm, we opted to relax in the bar for the 20 minutes until she came to tell us the room was ready. She was neat & efficient & told us everything that we needed to know about the hotel & facilities.
We had picked a Superior Room, as it was only £10 more expensive than the standard & were pleased that we had. London hotels rooms don't generally tend to be over large & this was no exception, so the additonal space for a sofa & coffee table made the room more appealing. Nicely decorated & furnished, the bed was quite comfortable & we were surprised by the turn-down service when we got back from dinner. The air-con was quite efficient & kept the room pleasant. There was also a trouser press & iron if you needed them, tea & coffee making facilities & complimentary water (no hot chocolate or biccies, though). Minibar was expensive & we didn't even open the door for fear of charging something to our room by mistake.
Bathroom was clean, & while small had all the amenities (including shampoo, showergel, soap & body lotion).
Room 515 is over the entrance to the hotel, on Marylebone Lane, so is affected a little by the building noise from Debenhams, but it doesn't go on all night. We were more disturbed (on Saturday night) by the late night revellers shouting on Oxford Street.
We didn't use any of the facilites (except the free wi-fi, which is ok) & our booking didn't include breakfast, so didn't see the restaurant. We thought the breakfast was quite expensive & there are plenty of cheaper options within a short walk.
Check-out was pretty efficient & the concierge happy to keep our luggage until later.
All told it was a good weekend & we'd stay here again (as long as we could get a good rate).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tracey G

Dear Guest,

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review, and keeps us motivated to deliver the absolute best service we can provide so that every guest enjoys every second of their stay!!