“Great stay as always!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #349 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“Great stay as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Ideal location for all travellers as hotel is situated in central London and <5 mins walk to Bond St tube station and bus stations on Oxford St. Extremely convenient to move around in the city, in and out of the hotel for shopping, sightseeing and have meetings.
Rooms are reasonably sized for central london, very clean and excellent bathroom with all amenities. We have a fantastic and comfortable stay...will certainly return again to a warm welcome!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Sally,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy their time spent at the hotel and can take advantage of our location.

We hope we can host you again in the near future. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me in case I can be of any further assistance.

Warm Regards
General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This hotel could hardly have a better location for central London. I found the staff very helpful and friendly, which is more than I can say for other London hotels. The twin rooms are pretty tight, but OK, and the bathrooms are nice. Breakfast very good, and a nice small bar off the very small lobby. Drawbacks include no real lobby to speak of for meeting or relaxing, and the street noise was considerable on the Saturday night (several revelers sat on the pavement for quite a while under my window Saturday night making a lot of noise).

Room Tip: Try to get away from the street noise higher up maybe.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BallaghMan
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate that you took the time to review The Berkshire on Tripadvisor.

May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Berkshire Hotel in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally via the hotel reception.

Warm Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We had an unexpected stay in London the staff as this hotel where fantastic, polite and helped our every need. After a stressful day in London this hotel was perfect. Complimentary breakfast, huge room with a great view of oxford street and superb service. We couldn't ask for more and will be staying again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations. I will pass your compliments onto the staff as a sure motivator for their continued hard work. Customer service is a vital part of our role at the hotel therefore I am glad you were pleased with the way you were welcomed.

I am also glad to see you enjoyed your breakfasts. We offer many options when it comes to breakfast, in order to satisfy everybody.

Perhaps next time you would have the opportunity to try Afternoon Tea? It's a scrumptious feast that is very reasonably priced!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I hosted my engagement party at the hotel and can not praise the hotel enough. The resturant was decorated beautifully, the food and service were excellent and all of my guests had a throughly great time. Thank-you very much to all of the staff, who were kind, curtious and very attentive. We had a very memorable day!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you firstly for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire to celebrate your special occasion and for your complimenting review!!

The Berkshire Team are dedicated to providing service they can be sure to be proud of and this is exactly the result we are after. We always try are best to create a home from home feel. I will be sure to relay your kind comments back to the team to keep them motivated and show their efforts make the world of difference.

I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel. If I can be of help with future reservations or if you have a request don’t hesitate to let me know via the hotel or customer services.

Warmest Regards,
general Manager
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here for two nights using a hotel reward stay. We were given a really nice room, quite large for London. Quiet hotel, we got a really good night sleep here. Comfortable bed, plenty of hot water with good pressure. We were given coupons for half off breakfast when we checked in, which was very kind of them, but we chose not to eat there after all, as there was so much choice on our many morning walks.
It was a little difficult to find, in fact we walked right by it. Although the address says Oxford Street, in fact it is down a small walkway off Oxford Street. Our landmark was the large Debenham's sign on Oxford, when we saw that, we knew we needed to turn.
We would definitely stay here again. Good service, pleasant area, quiet, clean rooms. Oh, we had forgotten our umbrella and they willingly loaned us one.
We would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alastairdeacon
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would be happy to stay with us again. At The Berkshire Hotel we are determined to offer unbeatable location paired with excellent customer service. I am glad that this was your impression from your stay.

I apologise that you initially found us a little hard to find, but when you do as you say its not hard to find us again. I will be sharing your comments with the entire team who I know will be very pleased to read them.

Once again thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and we vey much look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Normal expectations of a London hotel vs actual experience:

Expensive - yes

And that's where it ends in terms of what I expected. In 28 years of staying in London hotels on business trips I've finally found one that I'd be happy to stay in if I was paying for it myself!!!

The bedroom was small but, and to me this is the really important point, compared to normal London hotels it was huge. They have made a real effort in terms of utilising the space. Unlike other hotels it didn't feel like I was sleeping in a dog kennel. The bed was comfortable. The room was furnished nicely. Everything felt good. I wasn't bumping into things as I moved around the room!!!

The decor is good. It doesn't look like it's been worn out by thousands of tourists. Everywhere....the bedroom, the restaurant, the bar, the corridors.....it all looks new!!!

The staff and the service. They seem to care about you. They are helpful and friendly. They smile. They talk to you. At one point I was convinced that I wasn't in London!!!

Breakfast. Always a good test in a London hotel. It didn't feel like I was in a cheap, self-service canteen for once. The coffee was hot, the toast was hot, the buffet was quality food, and I wasn't queuing behind a dozen people to try to get the last cold and under-cooked sausage. It was great!!!

I even had lunch there. Simple test. A fish finger sandwich. It was hot, the bread was fresh, the chips were hot, it was served on a nice platter, and even the salad was fresh. It's a simple test, and might look odd to some, but London hotels are the worst in the world when it comes to simple things, and this place shocked me by being so good at doing the basics right.

I'm amazed. Shocked. I've come back from London having actually enjoyed myself in a hotel.

Well done Radisson Blu. You've amazed me. Yes, you are expensive, and prices are outrageous, but it's London. If anyone is staying in London, I would recommend this place over any other and I would genuinely spend my own money staying there - and I haven't yet said that about a single London hotel I've ever stayed in

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank 64JimmyJazz
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that there were so many positive points that you took from the experience.

Our rooms are not the largest, however, as you have said this is usually the case for most central London properties. The Berkshire hotel is actually undergoing a refurbishment at the moment and whilst I am pleased that you found the decor up to standard we are actually striving to improve on this in the near future which will hopefully be a big draw for our guests.

At The Berkshire, we are proud of our unbeatable location right on Oxford Street and of our excellent customer service. All of our staff are always keen to be of assistance and I am glad that you found them all helpful and pleasant. I am especially pleased that you mentioned the food from our Scoff and Banter outlet. The menu for both the bar and restaurant are new and the focus is on offering simple traditional British food to the highest quality. This has clearly been the case for you and we are thrilled. Your thoughts will be passed onto our Chef and the rest of the food and beverage department who I know will also be very proud.

All in all I have to thank you for such a glowing review of our Hotel and will indeed pass on your kind words to the entire staff here at The Berkshire Hotel. If there is anything I can do to further assist you or if you have a new booking coming up in London in the near future, pleas do not hesitate to contact me.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed over in the city due to a business engagement. Location wise, it is unrivaled. lots to do around, and right next to Bond street station. The check-in staff (Jonathan, thank you) was friendly, and very efficient.

Hotel and room was very clean, but really tiny. As I only have needed a bed to sleep for 1 night, I didn't mind.

Not sure if I would pay for the full price (£400 upwards for a single room) though...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am ever so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all our staff and in particular Jonathan friendly and welcoming.

Our room sizes varies from 15 to 60 square meter, depending on the room type and therefore I would advise you to perhaps book a deluxe room which are always more spacious than the standard category.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit. If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Warmest Regards,