“nice hotel good location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #348 of 1,090 Hotels in London
oshawa
“nice hotel good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed two nights here prior to taking a cruise in Sept 2013. We had booked the room through a travel agent and had booked it including breakfast. The hotel is right next to a construction site and we were not across from the main construction so never really noticed it was there. I had read reviews that the rooms were small, however the one we were given was a corner room in the building and was reasonably sized. it had a queen sized bed and a small sitting area. The tv was an old style tube, I would guess about a 20 inch size way across the room from the bed so watching tv was not the best, plus there were not a lot of tv stations to choose from but we really weren't there to watch much tv so it was not a problem. The bathroom was nice and had pump style bottles attached to the wall for all your soaps and shampoos and they were a high quality soap so it was kind of a nice touch. The room was clean but we did notice after the first night that the bedding sheets at the foot of the bed when we flipped them over had a permanent black soil stain. I think the sheets were clean but the stain would not come out in the wash and rather than discarding the sheet the bed was made so the soiled part would not show at the top. Which to me is economical but not something I would expect a 5 star hotel to do. It really is my only complaint. The location of the hotel is great, it is set just back from oxford street so half a block you are on oxford and another half a block you are at the bond tube station which made it super convenient. The breakfast provided was not extensive but adequate. Cereals, croissants, juice, toast was delivered to your table as well as a pot of coffee or tea. scrambled eggs, sausages, potatoes, bacon, beans, mushrooms were the hot dishes, yogurt, and fresh fruit salad and other fresh fruit whole which made for an adequate breakfast. I may have missed a few items. The only comment I had was not against the management of the hotel but the rudeness of other guests, for instance when fresh fruit was replenished so of the guests were heaping bowls up of just fresh fruit, and some were being selective to only pick out strawberries and other berries leaving other fruit behind. After a few fruit piggy's there was little left for the other guests till the fruit was replenished. I wished people had the decency to realize there were other people staying at the hotel. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about the hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful. The lobby and elevators were a bit small but not unusual in Europe and England where space is a premium. I thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would select this location again in a future trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate that you took the time to review The Berkshire on Tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review.

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

If I can be of any help or assist with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Warmest Regards,
General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Jersey, CI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through last minute.com and it was a secret hotel. I was so pleased when the hotel was revealed as I had planned a day of shopping. The staff are so friendly and even though there was a slight hiccup with a room service order, they suggested that they take it off the bill despite me having an issue or complaining. There is free wifi and the room I had was modern, extremely clean and great facilities.

Highly recommend.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel, and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am ever so glad that we were able to make it right for you whilst staying in house with us. We take our guest concerns and feedback very seriously and we do all we can to resolve them as soon as possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Berkshire Hotel on your next visit to London. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Sincerly
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed one night here but would certainly use it again. The standard of service at check in was exceptional. It is located about 20 steps from Oxford street so couldn't get a better location. I didn't eat here so can't comment on the food. the room was reasonably small but that isn't different from any other central London hotel I've stayed in. It did have everything you need so no complaints from me.....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Fiona,

Wow!
Thank you so much for such an amazing review of your visit to the Berkshire Hotel!! We do have the best team working with us and they are all extremely passionate about the guest’s they look after and nothing is too much trouble!

I hope on your next visit you will have chance to enjoy our wonderful Afternoon Tea – the lounge is the perfect setting for this wonderful English institution!

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Warm Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Excellent Hotel in perfect position for shopping and sightseeing. Staff always helpful and professional. Standard room may be on the small side for some, but you can upgrade. Very clean and everything you need is available, hi speed internet very useful. Breakfast at hotel is great start to the day and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.

It is a real pleasure to read your comments about the service provided by all of our staff. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the Team. May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The location of this hotel is centrally located which I thought was ideal for a business traveller. The front desk staff especially Sandy that served me were helpful and obliging upon check in. However, what really disppointed me was money stolen from my room. I certainly wouldn't have expected it from a hotel of this calibre. When i reported it to the duty manager he said that he would be straight up to my room. He didnt come other then getting a phone call from a member of front desk team 15 minutes later asking what happened and that she would investigate it. At no point did the team seem genuinely sincere, apologetic or sincere.
I certainly wouldnt be staying here again and I certainly wouldnt recommend it to any traveller espeically business travellers knowing that you cant even leave any personal belongings in your room and feel safe.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Business T
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of your recent stay at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel.

I am terribly sorry for the issues you experienced when last with us. We take matters of security very seriously and an investigation was undertaken following this incident. We are able to take a lock read to determine which key cards have been used to gain access to any security locked door in the hotel. Following this incident a lock read was taken and staff members that entered the room for housekeeping were spoken to in regards to your money. It was found however, that there was not any evidence or suspicion to take the issue further.

As a standard in all our hotels we do provide a safe in the room for guest use and we would always advise any guest to utilise this facility for the storage of valuables and currency.

Thank you once again for staying with us, I am sorry for your disappointment in your last reservation and I hope that we can welcome you back to The Berkshire in the near future.

Kind Regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Perfekt hotel for mother and teenage daughter shopping trip to London. Situated at Oxford Street and halfway between Regents Street and Selfridges. Two minutes from Victoria's Secrets.

Clean room and fairly new bathroom. Hard matress, but maybe just the UK standard.

Good breakfast, but cheaper to dash over to Pret A Manger at Bond Street tube station.

Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Siri,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave a feedback about your stay here with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire hotel. We truly appreciate you as a customer. Thank you for also taking the time out to highlight the convenient location of our hotel, I am sure this will be very useful to some of our future guest.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I Hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire hotel in the future

Kind Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Was staying here for business. Very reasonable price considering location lovely clean room and very very nice helpful staff on reception and in the bar. Very close to Oxford street and wimpole street . Didnt have breakfast. Would definitely stay here again. Thank you.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear guest,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you would consider returning to us – thank you!

Warm Reagrds