“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #353 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Excellent hotel, staff all friendly and helpful. Room was great, big, clean and very comfy. Right in the centre of Oxford Street. The food was really nice in the bar. Beds were really comfy. Excellent customer service.

If your looking for somewhere to stay this hotel is definitely recommended. If it is a shopping weekend you are right in the centre or even the sightseeing Bond street station is directly across the road.

Couldn't fault this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Tracey,

Thanks a lot for you excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and service to be 'great'. Indeed we are a passionate bunch of people who genuinely want to make sure that all our guests have a fantastic time with us, and return to our hotel every-time they are in London.

I hope to see you back soon.

Barbara Frigiolini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Lake Villa, Illinois
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked this hotel as part of an Expedia package. The usual price is about $600 per night and with the Expedia package it was less than $400 per night. The location is fabulous. The Bond Street underground is right across the street. Two blocks down and one block over is St. Christopher's Place, a pedestrian area with small unique shops, several pubs, and many reasonably priced restaurants serving great food. The hotel itself was very clean and the room was larger than others I've stayed at in Europe. We paid extra for a King bed. The room had a sofa, large screen TV, plenty of closet space and two windows. As mentioned by others, there is construction going on next to the hotel on a department store. We faced the construction and one night a rivets were being installed with an electric screw driver but we got used to it and pretty soon it was background noise. Next night some kind of swinging door was banging all night but if you shut the windows and pull the curtains it's not that bad. Since our room was prepaid for 7 nights, we didn't want to leave. The other 5 nights were very quiet and we slept fine. The store that is being constructed is scheduled to be open in Winter 2013 so the construction should be done soon. The breakfast was good but I thought 19 pounds was a little high priced so we went to a restaurant in St. Christopher's Place one day and the cost was about the same for coffee, 1 poached egg on 1/2 of an English muffin and my husband had 2 poached eggs on a whole English muffin plus toast and the cost was the same, so you aren't saving money by going out but we enjoyed the morning walk. The water pressure and temperature was very good and the bathroom had a large vanity with quality toiletries. Oxford St. is a great street to stroll on - many high end stores (don't buy anything, they are all in the US at 1/2 the price) and a great atmosphere. The hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful and were all very courteous and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in London on vacation.

Room Tip: As for a room that is not next to the construction.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vera P
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Vera,

May I thank you for staying with us and for sharing such positive feedback.

I am ever so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all our staff friendly and helpful. We always want our guests leaving the hotel having had a fantastic experience, and we do our up most to achieve that goal!

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit. If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Had 4 nights here while on business. After coming from Asia/middle east found central London hotels soo expensive for comparable standards. In fact they are not comparable. This hotel had a good size room, free in room wifi with good speed. All the amenities you would want. Provided free bottles of water daily. And front desk were excellent, as was the service from the bar man. Very British/London - and the location was perfect for pretty much everything, with great tube access. I guess this is just what you have to pay in some of the worlds biggest cities.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Caroline,

May I thank you for staying with us and for sharing such positive feedback.

Thank you for your comments regarding the location and the team at the hotel – we are very lucky to have a wonderful group of employees who are passionate about delivering the best service that they possibly can

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. If I can be of any help or assist with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

oshawa
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed two nights here prior to taking a cruise in Sept 2013. We had booked the room through a travel agent and had booked it including breakfast. The hotel is right next to a construction site and we were not across from the main construction so never really noticed it was there. I had read reviews that the rooms were small, however the one we were given was a corner room in the building and was reasonably sized. it had a queen sized bed and a small sitting area. The tv was an old style tube, I would guess about a 20 inch size way across the room from the bed so watching tv was not the best, plus there were not a lot of tv stations to choose from but we really weren't there to watch much tv so it was not a problem. The bathroom was nice and had pump style bottles attached to the wall for all your soaps and shampoos and they were a high quality soap so it was kind of a nice touch. The room was clean but we did notice after the first night that the bedding sheets at the foot of the bed when we flipped them over had a permanent black soil stain. I think the sheets were clean but the stain would not come out in the wash and rather than discarding the sheet the bed was made so the soiled part would not show at the top. Which to me is economical but not something I would expect a 5 star hotel to do. It really is my only complaint. The location of the hotel is great, it is set just back from oxford street so half a block you are on oxford and another half a block you are at the bond tube station which made it super convenient. The breakfast provided was not extensive but adequate. Cereals, croissants, juice, toast was delivered to your table as well as a pot of coffee or tea. scrambled eggs, sausages, potatoes, bacon, beans, mushrooms were the hot dishes, yogurt, and fresh fruit salad and other fresh fruit whole which made for an adequate breakfast. I may have missed a few items. The only comment I had was not against the management of the hotel but the rudeness of other guests, for instance when fresh fruit was replenished so of the guests were heaping bowls up of just fresh fruit, and some were being selective to only pick out strawberries and other berries leaving other fruit behind. After a few fruit piggy's there was little left for the other guests till the fruit was replenished. I wished people had the decency to realize there were other people staying at the hotel. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about the hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful. The lobby and elevators were a bit small but not unusual in Europe and England where space is a premium. I thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would select this location again in a future trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate that you took the time to review The Berkshire on Tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review.

If I can be of any help or assist with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Jersey, CI
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through last minute.com and it was a secret hotel. I was so pleased when the hotel was revealed as I had planned a day of shopping. The staff are so friendly and even though there was a slight hiccup with a room service order, they suggested that they take it off the bill despite me having an issue or complaining. There is free wifi and the room I had was modern, extremely clean and great facilities.

Highly recommend.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel, and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am ever so glad that we were able to make it right for you whilst staying in house with us. We take our guest concerns and feedback very seriously and we do all we can to resolve them as soon as possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Berkshire Hotel on your next visit to London. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Sincerly
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed one night here but would certainly use it again. The standard of service at check in was exceptional. It is located about 20 steps from Oxford street so couldn't get a better location. I didn't eat here so can't comment on the food. the room was reasonably small but that isn't different from any other central London hotel I've stayed in. It did have everything you need so no complaints from me.....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Fiona,

Wow!
Thank you so much for such an amazing review of your visit to the Berkshire Hotel!! We do have the best team working with us and they are all extremely passionate about the guest’s they look after and nothing is too much trouble!

I hope on your next visit you will have chance to enjoy our wonderful Afternoon Tea – the lounge is the perfect setting for this wonderful English institution!

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Warm Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Excellent Hotel in perfect position for shopping and sightseeing. Staff always helpful and professional. Standard room may be on the small side for some, but you can upgrade. Very clean and everything you need is available, hi speed internet very useful. Breakfast at hotel is great start to the day and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.

It is a real pleasure to read your comments about the service provided by all of our staff. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the Team. May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!