“Great location for Oxford st”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #355 of 1,069 Hotels in London
melbourne
“Great location for Oxford st”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stay 4 times a year for business.

Amazing location for shopping in Oxford st and the surrounding areas, you really are in the thick of it all if thats what you want.

Some of corner rooms are a great size, the standard rooms are very small.

The rooms are beginning to look very tired and in need of renovation.

The lifts are very small so can get busy at certain times, so take this into consideration when checking out, especially if you have a blight to get

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire.

We are indeed very proud of our unbeatable location on Oxford Street as well as our exceptional customer service. As is common with many central London hotels, roomsize can be an issue, however our deluxe rooms are spacious and sensibly laid out and suitable for all but the most laiden of travellers.

I am also very pleased to mention that the Berkshire is undergoing a light refurbishment at present. All rooms of Business Class level have been completed already and we are aiming to continue this refurbishment into the new year, the refreshing new design and colour palet is bringing a real modern boutique feel to the Berkshire.

Please feel free to contact me the next time you will be staying with us so that I may show you around the hotel a little more, and find a room that is more to your liking.

Kind Regards,
General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Had another lovely weekend in London at the Radisson Blu, Berkshire. Its a very clean hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Aimee in Guest Relations was very accommodating when I was booking my trip. We had bed and breakfast option. The breakfast was very good with a choice of cereals, english breakfast, yogurts, ham and cheese, breads and lots of freshly cut fruit. The hotel is in a great location - just off Oxford Street so very close to shops, theatres. bars and restaurants and the nearest tube station is just across the road. My only negative about the hotel is some of the rooms are on the small side. On this visit I was given a lovely room, overlooking Oxford Street and the room was large enough to sleep 3.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.

I am ever so glad to read that you are a loyal advocate of The Berkshire hotel and that you enjoy every stay with us! We always aim to provide a friendly and efficient service. I really appreciate your staff recognition, please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

If there is anything I can be of help with or to assist with any future reservations please don’t hesitate to let me know directly via the hotel reception.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Nice decoration - small room - noisy from the construction building outside. Customer service average- expensive.

Indication on special request ignored, asking for 2 separate rooms : Special request are optional for them. (I am sure they didn't bother to read it, as they did it in front of me...) Even if the hotel policy is having customer satisfaction as most important. To make it simple, the tone taken from the manager was slightly pretentious. That's actually the thing witch bother me.

Room Tip: Got a 24Hours small gym at there sister hotel at about 700m walking.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was most concerned to learn about your disappointing experience at the Berkshire and would really appreciate if you could please kindly contact me directly to discuss the various points you have highlighted in your review.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest regards,
frigiolb@radisson.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was our second stay at this wonderful hotel and we will definately return. Bang in the middle of Oxford Street, providing neccessary services, comfortable rooms and the sterling service of the well-trained staff

1 Thank mary x
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Mary,

General manager
Hamar, Norway
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was spending two days in London for business and was looking for a centrally-located hotel which was a reasonable price. Luckily I found the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berskhire!

The location is fantastic - right on Oxford Street and opposite the Bond Street tube station. It was a little hard to find as the entrance is on a side road. Once I arrived check-in was friendly and efficient. I was in one of the single 'Standard' rooms and it was clean and looked newly refurbished. It was also quiet which is always important when travelling on business. The size was on the small-size but that is to be expected in London.

The only con I experienced was that the express check-out wasn't available in the morning and I was in a rush to a meeting the next day.

I will be back again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

It is great to see you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you complementing our service standards and location . On your next visit, maybe you will accept my invitation to dine in our Scoff & Banter restaurant and enjoy the many delicious food that our chef's prepare.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Excellent hotel, staff all friendly and helpful. Room was great, big, clean and very comfy. Right in the centre of Oxford Street. The food was really nice in the bar. Beds were really comfy. Excellent customer service.

If your looking for somewhere to stay this hotel is definitely recommended. If it is a shopping weekend you are right in the centre or even the sightseeing Bond street station is directly across the road.

Couldn't fault this hotel.

Dear Tracey,

Thanks a lot for you excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and service to be 'great'. Indeed we are a passionate bunch of people who genuinely want to make sure that all our guests have a fantastic time with us, and return to our hotel every-time they are in London.

I hope to see you back soon.

Lake Villa, Illinois
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked this hotel as part of an Expedia package. The usual price is about $600 per night and with the Expedia package it was less than $400 per night. The location is fabulous. The Bond Street underground is right across the street. Two blocks down and one block over is St. Christopher's Place, a pedestrian area with small unique shops, several pubs, and many reasonably priced restaurants serving great food. The hotel itself was very clean and the room was larger than others I've stayed at in Europe. We paid extra for a King bed. The room had a sofa, large screen TV, plenty of closet space and two windows. As mentioned by others, there is construction going on next to the hotel on a department store. We faced the construction and one night a rivets were being installed with an electric screw driver but we got used to it and pretty soon it was background noise. Next night some kind of swinging door was banging all night but if you shut the windows and pull the curtains it's not that bad. Since our room was prepaid for 7 nights, we didn't want to leave. The other 5 nights were very quiet and we slept fine. The store that is being constructed is scheduled to be open in Winter 2013 so the construction should be done soon. The breakfast was good but I thought 19 pounds was a little high priced so we went to a restaurant in St. Christopher's Place one day and the cost was about the same for coffee, 1 poached egg on 1/2 of an English muffin and my husband had 2 poached eggs on a whole English muffin plus toast and the cost was the same, so you aren't saving money by going out but we enjoyed the morning walk. The water pressure and temperature was very good and the bathroom had a large vanity with quality toiletries. Oxford St. is a great street to stroll on - many high end stores (don't buy anything, they are all in the US at 1/2 the price) and a great atmosphere. The hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful and were all very courteous and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in London on vacation.

Room Tip: As for a room that is not next to the construction.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vera P
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Vera,

May I thank you for staying with us and for sharing such positive feedback.

I am ever so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all our staff friendly and helpful. We always want our guests leaving the hotel having had a fantastic experience, and we do our up most to achieve that goal!

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit. If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know.