“Great location basic hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #348 of 1,090 Hotels in London
“Great location basic hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel is in a great location, in between debhenams and self ridges on Oxford Street.

It's a pretty basic hotel, but a good standard and good for business travel.

I got a good rate through lastminute top secret hotels, but I would find the rack rate a little too pricey.

Bit of shock in the morning as well having to pay £19 for a lack lustre breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Berkshire Hotel.

As you also mentioned, the Berkshire is located in the middle of Oxford Street with all the main department stores (House of Fraser, Debenhams, John Lewis and Selfridges to name a few)being located less than 5 minutes walk.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Berkshire Hotel in the near future.

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year from the Berkshire Team

Kindest regards,
General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Marden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Amazing location close to Bond Street tube and between Debenhams and Selfridges. Just set back off Oxford Street and rooms very quiet and peaceful. Its like walking into a little oasis from the craziness of London!

We were so impressed with the hotel we stayed there three times in four weeks. The staff are so helpful - Juan and Akin in particular. They phone when you are in your room to check all is okay. On the first occasion we did have a small problem and Juan dealt with it in about 3 minutes. Very kind and very efficient.

It is worth booking a King as the other beds are very small for two people. Breakfast is good and worth having at the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel, and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am ever so glad that we were able to make it right for you whilst staying in house with us. We take our guest concerns and feedback very seriously and we do all we can to resolve them as soon as possible.

I do agree with you, we have fantastic people working with us here at the Berkshire Hotel, and I will make sure to share your comments with Juan and Akin and the rest of the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Berkshire Hotel on your next visit to London. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

In the mean time we wish you a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

Warm Regards
Hailsham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

The room was one of the smallest hotel rooms I’ve ever stayed in. At £150 for a nights stay it felt very overpriced and certainly not what I expected.

I hardly slept. Between the constant noise outside my window (Shops shuttering up, noisy revellers) to a recent shop/pub emptying out the bottles at 1pm isn to the paper thin walls to the room next door I was awake almost ever hour between 10-3. It wasn’t until about 4pm I finally got to sleep and woke up at 8am, late, and had to rush breakfast (which was actually very good). The glass msut be paper thin as I could hear almost everything from the street.

I also didn’t appreciate the late reception call (9:45 !) to check if I was okay which resulted in a deciphering of technology of how to get messages, stoping TV bleeping and phones flashing. Not conducive to resting.

All in all a disappointment.

(Staff were excellent however as the breakfast one of the best)

Room Tip: Don't get one Oxford Street side!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Phil,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

I have already discussed you complaint with the Maintenance Manager for him to take action and would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

With regards to the room size, indeed some of our single rooms are quite small and I would perhaps suggest that you to book the next room category for your next stay with us.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Wish you a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

Kind Reagrds
Lausanne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Everything pretty much excellent at this hotel. Great location in at Oxford street between Marble Arch and Oxford Circus. Within walking distance of Leicester Square and most of the shopping (Oxford Street, Carnaby Street and Regent street).

Very friendly staff, very helpful. I arrived ahead of checking time. The room was not ready, but staff called me on the phone once it was. Got a free room upgrade.

The room was pretty good, very clean and modern. TV a bit old and generally on the smaller side (the room), but that's okay for a central hotel.

Room Tip: The street may be noisy at time, just ask for a room not facing Debenhams
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave a feedback about your stay with us.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review.

May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

I am pleased to let you know that we are in process to change all our television to flat screen. The project will finish by next March

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year and looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Kind Regards,
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We have stayed at Radisson Blu hotels before and are always happy with the quality. This hotel in central London is also a great place to stay. It was a weekend visit to catch a show and do some Christmas shopping. The hotel is just a few feet off Oxford street and is useful for nipping back for an afternoon nap before staying out late. The room was smart and warm lots of chocolate colours made it a haven from the noise and pace outside. Slept like logs and enjoyed the breakfast. Nice to see lots of natural wood in the decoration. Helpful staff, gave us good tips on which bus to get. Whole place is very clean and would be our choice to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Toby,

Thanks a lot for you excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and service to be 'great'. Indeed we are a passionate bunch of people who genuinely want to make sure that all our guests have a fantastic time with us, and return to our hotel every-time they are in London.

I hope to see you back soon.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have chosen to regularly stay at the Radisson Blu Berkshire when in London. The hotel is very central, the staff makes you feel very welcome every time you step into the lobby... as if you're returning to a place you belong to.
The rooms are well furbished and most importantly clean, which is rarely the case with other hotels in central London!
The breakfast is excellent with a variety of healthy choices, its a pity you have to wait until 07h00 to get started.
It would be great if there were a gym... this would be the cherry on the cake!

Room Tip: higher floors should be preferred
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear GDG947,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback for us. We are delighted to hear how attentive and friendly you find our staff members. The lobby team are always keen to make all of our guests feel welcome and at home. I will also pass along your feedback to all of our departments who I know will be very pleased.

Looking forward to welcome you back

Kind regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We have previously stayed at the Radisson Blu hotel in Guildford and were very impressed, so we decided to stay at the Radisson at Oxford St for our weekend theatre break. The hotel is perfectly situated in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the Christmas shopping, and there was a lovely buzz about the place.

The hotel itself is very contemporary, however, the styling needs a little more thought. The lighting is VERY harsh. The rooms have an odd placement of spotlights located in the ceilings. There was no bedside light for reading a book etc, instead, I had a light shining very brightly on my forehead. This lighting was also the same in the bathroom, making it hard to apply make-up. Also, in the lobby, reception and restaurant areas there are far too many mirrors. I've never seen so many mirrors in my life!! I'm not sure if this is a design thing, or if the hotel is naturally small and dark and needs to feel bigger and brighter. When you've had a bit of a heavy night and aren't exactly looking your best, you really don't want to see your reflection everywhere you look!!

One further downside was the building site outside our bedroom window, which was a very noisy disturbance, especially on a Sunday morning. Obviously this is not a permanent thing and I accept that building works on neighbouring property cannot be helped by the hotel. Overall we enjoyed our stay and were impressed with the facilities. The staff were very attentive, helpful and polite, making our stay very pleasant. Will we stay here again?? Possibly.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Biztwig,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere at our little central London property. The Berkshire is currently undergoing a light refurbishment which will of course mean assessing all design aspects of the hotel including the lighting. Some rooms have already been completed and are looking fantastic. The adjacent Bond Street upgrade is part of the cross rail project which will link our hotel directly to London Heathrow in just over 15mins, so we are very much looking forward to its completion. Although they do make some noise from time to time they are generally well behaved for the most part so I apologise that in this case you were disturbed by them.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay overall and that we may be seeing you again in the future.

Kind Regards,