“Great central London location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #353 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Jersey
“Great central London location”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Working in Central London for three days I needed somewhere really central to stay, and the Radisson Blu on Oxford Street, near Oxford Circus worked perfectly. Lovely quiet, spacious room. Friendly, helpful staff, with the only downside being that only one of the two small lifts was working during my stay. That apart, everything was really good and I'd certainly stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Jsyfitzs,

Thank you for leaving your review on Tripadvisor of your recent visit to The Berkshire Hotel. Our location is fantastic right here on Oxford Street. The staff work very hard to make sure every guest feels at home and I am glad they did this for you.

I do apologise for one of our lifts being out of service. This is part of a light refurbishment that The Berkshire is undergoing. One lift has already been finished and hopefully the other will be completed within the next two weeks. Other than this I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Was going to London for the night with cousin and come across this hotel online and had a great deal, so I booked up. Arrived mid afternoon the location was great if your going out drinking, tube station about 5min walk away. Rooms very nice, comfortable beds, very smart bathroom, mini bar & couch a table just what I wanted. Staff were helpful and vey friendly. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank dmorros
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear dmorris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some of your thoughts of your recent stay at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is to make every one of our guests feel at home, and to hear that you had everything you wanted in your room and that the staff were helpful and friendly, it means we have succeeded!

We hope that we will be seeing you again soon.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good Location and where we wanted to be for our conference.
Staff were ok but as with so many a few were difficult to understand or vice versa
Room was clean tidy and functional - didnt have breakfast so cant comment.
Overall a pleasant stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Steve,

Glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us at The Berkshire Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had some communication issues with the staff whilst you were staying with us. All of our staff have exceptional English skills and speak many other languages as well, so I do find this a little unusual. Happy you enjoyed otherwise and we hope to be welcoming you back very soon.

Liverpool
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Was suprised to hear the news; i called ahead to let the hotel know i waz checking in in one hours time (10pm) only to be rather casually informed i was being moved.

As i booked through a third party, they had not realised they were fully booked (eh?). I should tell you i booked via Lastminute over a week in advance, and they took my money as pre-payment without a moments hesitation!!!!

The guy on reception felt the inconvenience would be ok as he was graciously upgrading me to the 5* May Fair at Green Park - as nice as it was, i was now further away from where i needed to be the following day which coincided with the Tube Strike. Really messed up my mornings work.

I think you could've let me know of the cock up in advance- i dont think im being unreasonable, am i?

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chippyqueen
Dear Chippyqueen,

I am sorry to hear that an error in the reservation process resulted in The Berkshire Hotel being fully booked, resulting in you having to be transferred to an alternate hotel. I am however happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you in our 5* hotel, The Mayfair.
I would like to apologise once again for the inconvenience that was caused and the disruption to your plans the next day. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Berkshire Hotel in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

have stayed here many times and its a fantastic hotel with very polite helpful staff,breakfast is fab,the staff will go out of their way to help you ,its a fantastic location and the rooms are very comfortable, i would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a Central location and a great hotel

Room Tip: corner rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank marie g
Dear Marie G,

Thank you for leaving feedback on Tripadvisor of your visit to London in February. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us your compliments to our amazing staff. We are incredibly proud of our central London location and all the benefits it provides. Oxford Street is right at our door and all the big landmarks are just a short walk away.

Thank you once more and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have never stayed here before but since I am a Club Carlsson Gold I get an upgrade but not this time.

The room I got was very small and the bathroom was even smaller. It didn't had any bed lights what so ever so you had to rely on the BRIGHT roof tops lights. Not so cozy at all. The alarm clock was located on a table on the opposite side of the room and you didn't have any power plugs bed side. The TV was small and of CRT type. The room I got need to be refurbished.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jimZon
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear JimZon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of The Berkshire Hotel. We always make an effort to upgrade all Club Carlson members if possible. Obviously this is subject to availability and sometimes this is simply not possible. I apologise that in this case we were not able to offer you a complimentary upgrade.
I am pleased to say that The Berkshire is currently undergoing a light refurbishment. Many rooms have already been completed. These refurbishments do indeed include updating our CRT televisions to new LCD flat screens which boast an impressive new entertainment system with many more channels from all over the world.
I hope that we will be able to invite you back to The Berkshire in the near future so that you may enjoy the many improvements that have been made.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

>> Holiday in Paradise (DEMO) <<
Version 2.1

Copyright (c) 2014 by Chris, All rights reserved.

You awake, fully clothed, laying down on what feels like a bed, with a comfortable cushion under your head.
You have no memory of the night before and a pounding headache

It is pitch black

>> turn on the light
Good start to the day. The sudden bright light doesn't help your headache. The light is now on.

You appear to be in a well kept hotel room. The style is elegant and the room is very clean.
There is a TV, kettle and a notepad.
Adjacent is an open door to the bathroom. There is another closed door on the other wall.

>> Get out of bed

Very difficult, but you manage it. The room is still spinning. It dips and sways a little.

>> Read notepad

The head of the notepad shows that you are in a Radison Blu Edwardian
Scrawled in unfamiliar handwriting is a phone number

>> Call phone number

You do not have a phone

>> Check pockets

You check your pockets, only to discover that your mobile phone, wallet and keys have all gone.
You find only your room key, toothbrush and a half used tube of toothpaste

>> Brush teeth

You squeeze the toothpaste on to the toothbrush and brush your teeth.
The woolly feeling in your mouth has been replaced with minty freshness.

>> Turn on TV

You turn the TV on. It flicks in to life, and the TV is showing the News for BBC London
You must be in London

>> Look out the window

Yes, you're in London. Looks like Oxford Street outside. It is raining, heavily.

>> Leave room

You open the door to the hallway and leave the room. It stretches off with identical doors up and down it.
Your keycard will only work in your door
Further down the hallway is a lift

>> Use lift

You walk down the corridor, bumping in to the wall as you do so. You make it to the lift and press the call button.
It whisks you down to the reception.

The reception in manned by a man, his name badge states he is the Duty Manager.

>> Speak to Duty Manager

"Good Morning, how can I help you?" asks the Duty Manager

>> What happened to me last night?

"I don't know sir, you will have to be more specific"

>> How did I get here?

"You checked in last night, in a rather drunken state. After which you went straight to the bar"

>> Go to bar

You walk towards the hotel bar. It's only lunch time, but it is already filling up.
The bar tender gives you a knowing smile. Perhaps he knows more?

TO CONTINUE PLAYING THIS TEXT ADVENTURE, WHY NOT VISIT THE RADISON BLUE EDWARDIAN AT OXFORD CIRCUS YOURSELF

Press CTRL + C to Exit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But seriously, I had a very pleasant stay for an overnight trip. I only rated the Swimming Pool and Spa as average as I didn't use them while I was there. I assume they're excellent, but I can't in good faith say either way.
Special thanks to the team who helped me with directions to my morning meeting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris T
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Chris,

Thank you for leaving what is probably one of the more unusual Tripadvisor reviews I've ever come across. I gather that you enjoyed your stay with us? I eagerly await your next stay and the next instalment of this gripping Text Adventure!