“Fantastic Stay”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #349 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Perfect location as it is right in the heart of Oxford Street and just across the street from Bond Station. Welcoming staff, great size rooms. Breakfast was plentiful, lots of variety, tasty too. I plan to stay here each time I visit London!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Lox441,

Thank you for leaving your review here on Tripadvisor. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you will be returning to us again, soon I hope. The staff here are always welcoming and they love to see a familiar face. Send me an email on warej@radisson.com to let me know when you are next coming to London and I'll make sure we give you a proper welcome back to The Berkshire.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

What an amazing stay! Myself and my girlfriend spent an evening in what I can only describe as one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Such welcoming staff, a wonderful room, everyhting looked amazing and when you can walk out of a hotel and in seconds be on Oxford Street what more can you ask for! Good pricing for what we got and an all around lovely stay. I would like to thank everyone involved at the Radisson Blu Edwardian for such a nice experiance. The only downside I can think of would be the power of mint smell in the shower gel, that was the only downpoint I can think of from our stay. Plus no Champagne ;-)

Room Tip: We didn't use the pool or spa that is why I rated as average.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Mathew,

Thank you for leaving your thoughts of your recent stay at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. The team and I are delighted that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your visit. I will certainly be passing your feedback onto the team, who I am sure will be thrilled.
Our location is excellent, right on the doorstep of Oxford Street and the hard work and dedication of all of our staff make the difference. We hope to be welcoming you back in the near future. I know the team would be pleased to see you again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Working in Central London for three days I needed somewhere really central to stay, and the Radisson Blu on Oxford Street, near Oxford Circus worked perfectly. Lovely quiet, spacious room. Friendly, helpful staff, with the only downside being that only one of the two small lifts was working during my stay. That apart, everything was really good and I'd certainly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jsyfitzs,

Thank you for leaving your review on Tripadvisor of your recent visit to The Berkshire Hotel. Our location is fantastic right here on Oxford Street. The staff work very hard to make sure every guest feels at home and I am glad they did this for you.

I do apologise for one of our lifts being out of service. This is part of a light refurbishment that The Berkshire is undergoing. One lift has already been finished and hopefully the other will be completed within the next two weeks. Other than this I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, very soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Was going to London for the night with cousin and come across this hotel online and had a great deal, so I booked up. Arrived mid afternoon the location was great if your going out drinking, tube station about 5min walk away. Rooms very nice, comfortable beds, very smart bathroom, mini bar & couch a table just what I wanted. Staff were helpful and vey friendly. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dmorros
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear dmorris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some of your thoughts of your recent stay at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is to make every one of our guests feel at home, and to hear that you had everything you wanted in your room and that the staff were helpful and friendly, it means we have succeeded!

We hope that we will be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good Location and where we wanted to be for our conference.
Staff were ok but as with so many a few were difficult to understand or vice versa
Room was clean tidy and functional - didnt have breakfast so cant comment.
Overall a pleasant stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Steve,

Glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us at The Berkshire Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had some communication issues with the staff whilst you were staying with us. All of our staff have exceptional English skills and speak many other languages as well, so I do find this a little unusual. Happy you enjoyed otherwise and we hope to be welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Was suprised to hear the news; i called ahead to let the hotel know i waz checking in in one hours time (10pm) only to be rather casually informed i was being moved.

As i booked through a third party, they had not realised they were fully booked (eh?). I should tell you i booked via Lastminute over a week in advance, and they took my money as pre-payment without a moments hesitation!!!!

The guy on reception felt the inconvenience would be ok as he was graciously upgrading me to the 5* May Fair at Green Park - as nice as it was, i was now further away from where i needed to be the following day which coincided with the Tube Strike. Really messed up my mornings work.

I think you could've let me know of the cock up in advance- i dont think im being unreasonable, am i?

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chippyqueen

Dear Chippyqueen,

I am sorry to hear that an error in the reservation process resulted in The Berkshire Hotel being fully booked, resulting in you having to be transferred to an alternate hotel. I am however happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you in our 5* hotel, The Mayfair.
I would like to apologise once again for the inconvenience that was caused and the disruption to your plans the next day. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Berkshire Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

have stayed here many times and its a fantastic hotel with very polite helpful staff,breakfast is fab,the staff will go out of their way to help you ,its a fantastic location and the rooms are very comfortable, i would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a Central location and a great hotel

Room Tip: corner rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank marie g

Dear Marie G,

Thank you for leaving feedback on Tripadvisor of your visit to London in February. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us your compliments to our amazing staff. We are incredibly proud of our central London location and all the benefits it provides. Oxford Street is right at our door and all the big landmarks are just a short walk away.

Thank you once more and we look forward to seeing you again soon.