“Great place to stay in London”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #354 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place to stay in London”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here because it was close to the U.S. Embassy. However we didn't realize what a central location it is. Just a few blocks from Oxford Street where all the high end shops are. It's surrounded by shops and pubs and things to do and see. Just outside is Ben's cookies which is the perfect place to snack after a meal. Gorgeous, clean hotel. I would definitely stay there again next time I'm in London.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Jennifer B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. We are indeed a hidden gem on Oxford Street. Tucked away net to Debenhams we often get overlooked by the passer by. This does however create a feel of relaxation at The Berkshire. You can retreat to your room after a busy day on the high street and completely unwind, undisturbed by the busyness going on outside!
Glad you found us, and we hope to see you back with us again soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 yrs running on a girly weekend in London and the location could not be better. Set back off oxford st next to debenhams - perfect!! Breakfast very good but don't wait to near end of service as very little left. Reception staff very helpful but dining room ones could be a bit more happier looking. Only gripe was one lift was out so struggled to get to our floor and even worse at checkout time.apart from that the rooms are not that big but has everything you need.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BlueTomato28
Dear BlueTomato28,

Delighted that you are becoming a regular guest with us! I am glad to hear that you found everything once again as you needed and that the staff were helpful to you. I am sorry about the lift. It has been out of service for some much needed refurbishment. I am very pleased to say that both lifts have now been completed and are in full working order. Both our guests and all our staff are much happier because of it. The team and I all hope to see you back with us again next year!

Silsden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have just returned from a visit to London with my elderly parents and can not 'rave' about the service and quality of the Radisson Berkshire enough. From the moment we entered to the minute we left the staff were amazing. Especially Akia on reception and the young waiter in the bar/resturant I did not get his name.

The food in the bar was excellent and the choice for breakfast was brilliant. If you are looking for a very central hotel (just on Oxford Street next to Debenhams) then this hotel puts you right in the heart of London.

The General Manager and her staff should be very pleased with the way they provide a 7* service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shera66
Dear Shera66,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review for us here on Tripadvisor. The entire team at The Berkshire are delighted that you and your parents enjoyed your stay so much. All of our staff go to great effort to try to make every guest feel special and I am so pleased that you left us with smiles on your face. We would love to have you come and stay with us again in the future. Thank you once more.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Check in was friendly, efficient and I was in my room within minutes. The lifts are small, but there are stairs - and how much of your stay do you plan on spending going up and down in a lift?

The rooms are small, but very clean and neat. But the bed was a firm, yet very comfortable bed. I had a room at the back of the hotel - had an uninterrupted night's sleep.
There is a mini bar which stocks interesting items - someone must be making an absolute mint on the wee canister that promises you a good night's sleep - ear plugs, a camomile teabag and pillow spray for £22.50!!! (look, but don't touch - you might get charged) There are more interesting contents than this.....

Bathroom was clean, shower was decent in terms of power and hot water - and the shampoo and conditioner quite nice - my hair didn't feel all frizzy after drying it.

Location - it's just up a side street next to Debenhams and the Disney Store, less than a minute from Bond St tube station.
I didn't have breakfast - but they did have an offer on arrival of the full English for £12 instead of the usual £20 (which I thought was ever so sllightly expensive - but given I didn't buy, I cannot comment - perhaps it is scambled dodo egg or something).

If you are looking for a central hotel for a couple of nights - and don't plan on spending lots of time in your room, then this is ideal

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kvb1203
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear kvb 1203,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our best to provide everything that our guests will need during their stay with us. This does include some more unusual items in the minibar! Although our minibars have sensors to detect whether items are removed, they are never charged until confirmed by our housekeeper or the guest as taken, so feel free to have a proper poke around!
I do hope that you will be joining us again in the near future. Thank you once again.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights while in town on business, and was very happy with the quality of the room and fantastic location for the cost. London can be outrageously priced, but the Radisson Blu was an excellent value -- and it puts you right in the heart of London shopping, and not too far from the theater district and tourist locations.

1 Thank buckleyplanet
Dear Buckleyplanet,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review here on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate your kind words. We do our best here at The Berkshire to provide excellent customer service in a luxury boutique environment. And yes, our location is fantastic! We hope to see you back at The Berkshire very soon.

asia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Got this hotel through Lastminute's secret hotel deal. Of all the staff I encountered, only 2 gentlemen (forgot to note their names) stood out for their genuine friendliness and great service: the nice and cheerful young staff who checked me in and the night duty manager who went out of his way to help me get a luggage rack.
The rest of the staff while courteous, smiles however seemed forced.

Was lucky enough to get a corner room on the top floor as requested. Just my bad luck to have a inconsiderate guest next door (either that or it was the cleaning staff was too tired to find out) who kept going in and out of their room (read slamming doors)since 6am!! Was shocked awake from the noise. So would suggest the management look into improving the sound insulation of the rooms and doors.

Overall quite an ok place for a night's stay with its excellent location on oxford street if the price is right.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Choco_9,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Berkshire Hotel on your recent trip to London. As you mentioned, we are very lucky indeed to be in such a convenient location, a short tube ride and your in the middle of the city centre.

With regards to your comment, please be assured that I have personally shared your comments with the relevant management team in the hotel to ensure the details are followed up accordingly and dealt with immediately.

We genuinely appreciate all feedback we receive as it helps us to see which areas of our service need to be improved further and how we can make the experience for our guests all the more pleasurable.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit. If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know via the hotel phone.

Guest Relation Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I booked my sister and myself a trip to London. I normally stay near marble arch but wanted to stay closer to oxford street. Staff were friendly, room was small but lovely (2 x single rooms)and cleaned to a high standard. The only downside was the lifts. Very small and could only fit 3 people in with bags. 2 lifts in hotel but only 1 was working - not good, however I would consider this hotel again

Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Lou-br,

May I thank you for staying with us and for sharing such positive feedback.

I am ever so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all our staff friendly. We always want our guests leaving the hotel having had a fantastic experience, and we do our up most to achieve that goal!

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit. If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Warmest Regards,