“Good hotel”

Ranked #352 of 1,063 Hotels in London
scotland
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here with my friend in May. Staff were very pleasant. Room had everything we needed. We both agreed the beds were the comfiest ever. Great bathroom - good toiletries. Very clean. Bottle of water provided in room. Our room was at the back of the hotel - so it was very quiet.
Couldn't believe how central it was for everything. Bond street underground near.
We didn't eat at hotel but must say the drinks were VERY very pricey.
If you get a chance - explore the streets at the back of the hotel - lovely unique eateries and fashion shops.
Would definitely return.
Ps - barman at night was -,the best!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Listit,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review.
May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.
Looking forward to welcome you back

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Really happy and pleased with the berkshire. Booked through last minute.com as a secret hotel. Brilliant location right on Oxford Street next to Bond Street station (though pretty much closed due to works). No problem though as Oxford Circus is a 5min walk. Had a double and a single room. Both were reasonable size but expect huge. Both had nice bathrooms, comfy beds, hot showers. Air conditioning. View limited by store, but private. Overall though very pleasant and would stay again!

Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave such a wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel!

I was very happy to read that had found the location of the hotel so convenient - there really isn't a better location in London! I do hope that when you return to the hotel you will have the opportunity to enjoy dinner in our fabulous restaurant - the menu is very seasonal, the dishes are the best of British and very reasonably priced!

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to let me know,

Kind regards,
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stopped at this hotel for its location to the shops and theatre...We didn't get the rooms we booked and one person had to sleep on the floor. But they did get an extra quilt and pillows so we could be comfy "ON THE FLOOR".
Breakfast service was shocking having to wait over 30 minutes for eggs and croissants and they still didn't arrive.
We were very disappointed with the whole hotel experience as it ruined our weekend away. When paying good money like we did you expect a lot more than we got.
As you can imagine we will not be staying there again and will not be recommending that anyone else does.

Room Tip: Rooms at a different hotel will be a lot better...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul N
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Paul,

May I thank you for staying with us at the Berkshire hotel.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. It is always disappointing to hear that a guest did not enjoy their experience. However I am alarmed to read your feedback and kindly ask you to contact me as I would appreciate more information so that I can investigate this matter immediately.

May I kindly ask you to contact me personally via email on frigiolb@radisson.com in order for me to be able to investigate the matter further and follow up with the relevant departments.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here because it was close to the U.S. Embassy. However we didn't realize what a central location it is. Just a few blocks from Oxford Street where all the high end shops are. It's surrounded by shops and pubs and things to do and see. Just outside is Ben's cookies which is the perfect place to snack after a meal. Gorgeous, clean hotel. I would definitely stay there again next time I'm in London.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Jennifer B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. We are indeed a hidden gem on Oxford Street. Tucked away net to Debenhams we often get overlooked by the passer by. This does however create a feel of relaxation at The Berkshire. You can retreat to your room after a busy day on the high street and completely unwind, undisturbed by the busyness going on outside!
Glad you found us, and we hope to see you back with us again soon!

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 yrs running on a girly weekend in London and the location could not be better. Set back off oxford st next to debenhams - perfect!! Breakfast very good but don't wait to near end of service as very little left. Reception staff very helpful but dining room ones could be a bit more happier looking. Only gripe was one lift was out so struggled to get to our floor and even worse at checkout time.apart from that the rooms are not that big but has everything you need.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BlueTomato28
Dear BlueTomato28,

Delighted that you are becoming a regular guest with us! I am glad to hear that you found everything once again as you needed and that the staff were helpful to you. I am sorry about the lift. It has been out of service for some much needed refurbishment. I am very pleased to say that both lifts have now been completed and are in full working order. Both our guests and all our staff are much happier because of it. The team and I all hope to see you back with us again next year!

Silsden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have just returned from a visit to London with my elderly parents and can not 'rave' about the service and quality of the Radisson Berkshire enough. From the moment we entered to the minute we left the staff were amazing. Especially Akia on reception and the young waiter in the bar/resturant I did not get his name.

The food in the bar was excellent and the choice for breakfast was brilliant. If you are looking for a very central hotel (just on Oxford Street next to Debenhams) then this hotel puts you right in the heart of London.

The General Manager and her staff should be very pleased with the way they provide a 7* service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shera66
Dear Shera66,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review for us here on Tripadvisor. The entire team at The Berkshire are delighted that you and your parents enjoyed your stay so much. All of our staff go to great effort to try to make every guest feel special and I am so pleased that you left us with smiles on your face. We would love to have you come and stay with us again in the future. Thank you once more.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Check in was friendly, efficient and I was in my room within minutes. The lifts are small, but there are stairs - and how much of your stay do you plan on spending going up and down in a lift?

The rooms are small, but very clean and neat. But the bed was a firm, yet very comfortable bed. I had a room at the back of the hotel - had an uninterrupted night's sleep.
There is a mini bar which stocks interesting items - someone must be making an absolute mint on the wee canister that promises you a good night's sleep - ear plugs, a camomile teabag and pillow spray for £22.50!!! (look, but don't touch - you might get charged) There are more interesting contents than this.....

Bathroom was clean, shower was decent in terms of power and hot water - and the shampoo and conditioner quite nice - my hair didn't feel all frizzy after drying it.

Location - it's just up a side street next to Debenhams and the Disney Store, less than a minute from Bond St tube station.
I didn't have breakfast - but they did have an offer on arrival of the full English for £12 instead of the usual £20 (which I thought was ever so sllightly expensive - but given I didn't buy, I cannot comment - perhaps it is scambled dodo egg or something).

If you are looking for a central hotel for a couple of nights - and don't plan on spending lots of time in your room, then this is ideal

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kvb1203
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear kvb 1203,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our best to provide everything that our guests will need during their stay with us. This does include some more unusual items in the minibar! Although our minibars have sensors to detect whether items are removed, they are never charged until confirmed by our housekeeper or the guest as taken, so feel free to have a proper poke around!
I do hope that you will be joining us again in the near future. Thank you once again.