“Great place to stay wonderful experience”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #354 of 1,068 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Great place to stay wonderful experience”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I love London, the pace the locals, the pubs. I travel on business at least once a month from NYC. I needed to stay downtown this trip and my travel booked me into the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Berkshire Hotel. What a wonderful experience.
First the staff greeted us, we were early so they took our bags and offered us a spot in the restaurant( that was not open yet) to work. They checked in constantly to see if we were ok. Once the rooms were ready they sought us out and handed out room keys with BIG SMILES. Before we went up to the rooms we had lunch in the restaurant it was perfect

The rooms were neat and clean, with great AC it was hot. FREE WIFI what a find...... and it worked the whole time.

Centrally located and in a great neighborhood shopping, food and pubs. It will be the place I stay any time I need to be in the area.

Thanks
Andy

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Byrneaj99
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Andy,

Thank you ever so much for this glowing review of your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is fantastic, tucked away yet actually right on Oxford Street! All our staff are dedicated to offering the very best service to each of our guests and I am pleased to hear that they took good care of you. And yes FREE WIFI is certainly a bonus for those travelling on business like yourself.

Looking forward to seeing you back at the Berkshire Hotel very soon.

Kindest Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Room was absolutely spotless with glasses and cups in sealed bags. It was reasonable size for Central London and next to Debenhams in Oxford Street. Very convenient and comfortable.
No air conditioning as period building but windows open wide to provide plenty of ventilation. Only drawback was noisy revellers who were shouting/singing up to 4 in the morning. Not really a problem unless light sleeper.
Staff were fantastic and the service was slick and quick. The lift was security protected by your room card so no uninvited visitors.
Only complaint I had was that you have to vacate your room by 11am. Not a problem in the week but on a Sunday none of the shops open until noon so you are at a loose end fighting for a space in Starbucks until they open.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lottiemonkey
OxfordStreetSB, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Lottiemonkey,

Thanks a lot for you excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and service to be 'excellent and fantastic'. Indeed we are a passionate bunch of people who genuinely want to make sure that all our guests have a fantastic time with us, and return to our hotel every-time they are in London.

I hope to see you back soon.

Barbara Frigiolini
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I've lost count of the amount of times I've stayed at this hotel, and I've never had a bad experience, in fact they go out of their way to be helpful.
Last visit, my television was broken, but they had workmen up replacing it immediately!
Friendly charming staff, and always incredibly helpful.
The location can't be beaten and I look forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Hongkonglil
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Hongkonglil,

Thank you so much for leaving this high praise for us here on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to receive your feedback and I will ensure I share it with all of the hotel teams. I am so glad to hear that you love to return to us time and time again. We do so love to see a familiar face here at The Berkshire Hotel. I hope you will be returning to your luxury boutique London home very soon. We will surely welcome you back!

Kind regards,

Sweden
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is centrally located right on Oxford Street, only a few minutes walk from tube station Bond Street. Arrived at 3.30pm only to be informed that my room wasn't ready but that I had been upgraded as I am a Club Carlson gold member. Was offered a complementary drink in the bar by the service-minded receptionist which was a nice gesture although I of course had preferred that my room had been ready on arrival. Had to wait over an hour which was quite annoying.

Other than that a hassle-free stay, albeit a bit overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Surfdude,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Berkshire Hotel here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade for your reservation, recognising your Club Carlson Gold membership status. I am sorry however, that your room was not ready at 15:00, our regular check-in time. I am glad to see that one of my diligent colleagues offered you a drink though, and took care of you during your wait. Of course this was not an ideal situation, when the hotel is at near full capacity, these situations do occasionally occur, and for that I do offer my sincere apologies. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Germany
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The location on Oxford Street is great. Staff was friendly, check-in was quick, even though I checked in rather early. Room was ok, small but I have seen a lot worse in central London.
I noticed that it was rather chilly in the room, but went straight out for my Christmas shopping.
In the evening the heating was still not working. As it was cold outside it was very old in the room. Had to take all blankets and wear warm clothes in bed. It seemed to be a general problem. Because next morning when I went to breakfast the restaurant was also freezing cold. Breakfast was ok. The heating issue was really bad, but apart from that the place was ok

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sabine123
Dear Sabine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about your stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with the climate control system in your room when you were with us. I hope that it did not affect your stay with us too badly. I am glad to hear that you found all other aspects of your stay to your liking. Our wonderful staff are dedicated to our guests and endeavour always to deliver the best service possible to each and every one of them. I do hope that you will be returning to stay at The Berkshire Hotel the next time you are in London. Thank you once again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in May. From arrival the experience was wonderful. The hotel's location is great for shopping and easy access to transport. Check-in was efficient and friendly and the room was beautiful - super quiet despite overlooking Oxford Street. Breakfast was really fresh and tasty and was most beautifully presented and maintained - a wonderful effort by the staff. All enquiries to the front desk were dealt with efficiently and with friendliness. If I was to be critical of anything it would be very minor; it would be nice to be able to adjust the air-con in the room (maybe I didn't see the control!) and it would be nice to have more than 2 electrical outlets for chargers and devices.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deborah Q
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Deborah,

Thank you for leaving your feedback for The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am so happy that you had such a positive experience with us. I will share your feedback with the entire team who I know will appreciate your kind words. I agree that we truly are in a fantastic location, right on Oxford Street, opposite Bond Street underground station. We are very proud of our luxury hideaway which although being right in the middle of everything often goes unnoticed by the passer by.
We do indeed have AC controls in the room, just by the door as soon as you enter. However, you are correct in some of the rooms there are only two power outlets. This is something that is being looked at by our design team as The Berkshire is currently undergoing a light refurbishment at present.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to see you at The Berkshire again very soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I arrived at the hotel five hours earlier than check-in time, tired from my journey to the UK and very much in need of sleep. I knew I could at least keep my bags but the gentleman at check-in offered to get a room as soon as possible because I really looked tired from my trip. Got a call ten minutes later that a room was ready for me.

This is the only place I stay when in London for at least five years now (may be more). I've never had cause to look anywhere else and they still find ways to me hapy with my choice the first time I walked in several years ago. I recommended it to anyone coming in to London. It's a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Arho A
Dear Arho Akpe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to once again provide us with your feedback from your stay at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when travelling to London. I am convinced that it is the dedication, hard work and caring of all of our staff here at The Berkshire that keeps our regular guests returning year on year. We look forward to seeing you at your home away from home again next year!