“Good Location and Professional staff”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #349 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel has a very good location on Oxford street, professional and friendly staff. The room size is average, there were no complimentary tea and coffee. A very clean and well-maintained rooms. The check in and check out processes were pretty fast and simple.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Abdulmumin Dr S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor for the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the location pleasing for your needs. The staff here always offer their all to try to cater to every one of our special guests and I am glad that you felt well looked after.
I am sorry that you were not able to find the complimentary tea and coffee in your room. This is a standard in every one of our rooms. In many of our rooms the kettle, teas and coffee can be found in a drawer in the wardrobe. I apologise if you missed this. We do help to be welcoming you back to The Berkshire Hotel very soon.

Jonathan Ware
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you are looking for a good hotel with the best location in central part of London this is the place for you. Excellent service, nice rooms and a great breakfast. The lobby is very small though so not a place to stay for leasure if you like to chill in the lobby once in a while.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Jenny,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire hotel in the future

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Room was a decent size, price was reasonable. TV was an old fashioned CRT B&O, room faced debenhams cafe, so curtains had to be drawn for privacy. Only downside was breakfast has a distinct lack of choice, and lifts are rather small and there are only two, so wait can be rather long.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the main street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jarlawuk,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us here on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us on the whole. I am sorry to hear that you found the breakfast selection limited however. We do offer a continental breakfast with cereals, pastry, fruits and nuts etc. as well as a full English breakfast selection with many more items made to order, but I do appreciate that it is not always possible to provide for everyone's individual tastes.
I am happy to say in addition that we have replaced every one of our old televisions now. Our new TV's are smart TV's with a range of well over 300 channels from all around the world. I am sure you would appreciate the changes.
I do hope that we will be welcoming you back to Berkshire very soon.

Jonathan Ware
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2014

very central close to oxford street shops and public transport including a short stroll along oxford street to the go on go off buses Staff very helpful to find venues The rooms are clean and the cleaning service was excellent The staff provided good travel booking follow up service

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Maurice,

Firstly may I thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for sharing your experience with us on Trip advisor, it is very much appreciated!

Thank you for your comments regarding the location and the team at the hotel – we are very lucky to have a wonderful group of employees who are passionate about delivering the best service that they possibly can

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. If I can be of any help or assist with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Unbeatable location at the Heart of London's West end .Rooms are compact but has everything one needs and more than one expects .A lot of thoughts has gone into providing so many extras .Staff are welcoming and professional .For the right price this hotel provides a superb stay in a quiet corner at the heart of everything

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Edwinshuker,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback regarding the hotel and its location.

As you mentioned, the Berkshire is ideally located for exploring the chic shopping areas of Oxford Street and Bond Street, with the delights of Tiffany, Armani and Selfridges right on the doorstep.

I am also very pleased to read such positive comments about the team

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Berkshire in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I regularly stay here when I am working in Central London. The location is literally on Oxford Street- a stones throw from Bond st station. I estimate I have stayed here 15 times plus. My reason for booking this hotel is purely for the location, I don't know of a better hotel for Oxford St access.

The rooms vary in size, and the room I had this time was average in size. Luckily the building work at Debenhams and next door have now stopped so the noise levels are much better than previous stays. I stayed in a standard room - room 414 for 2 nights. The room decor is pretty corporate. The room is pleasant, inoffensive, compact yet has everything you need. The double bed is normal size, comfortable and decent pillows. The room had limited floorspace and you would struggle with two large suitcases but for what I needed it was adequate in size. The wardrobe which is positioned adjacent to the bed has full length mirrors on the door which personally I would prefer not to have as facing myself in the morning after a few drinks the night before is a harsh slap of reality and you can't actually use the full length of the mirrors as the bed is in the way so you end up standing on the bed, in a yoga inspired stance, bending your knees trying to check you're presentable. The bathroom is nice and contemporary although it felt quite snug. I think they would benefit from a luxury shower rather than a shower you stand in a small bath for. The shower is fine although the shampoo/shower gel is in annoying pump action bottle fixed to the walls if you have long hair you need about 20 pumps of the product to get enough out so I would recommend taking your own or buying from boots which is literally across the road. The room service menu is good and the food was promptly delivered and tasty. The mini bar is stocked with a decent mix although has that automatic sensor so once you have touched anything you will be charged for it. There is free wifi though in the rooms.

The staff are nice enough although be prepared to queue at check in or check out if there is more than one person in front of you. The bar area is good for meetings although can get a bit noisy in peak times during the day. The lifts are my biggest gripe here as they take forever, they are small so you often get squished in and you have to have your room key to activate the lift which can result in some fumbling if you have more than one bag on you.

Overall it's a decent hotel, location is awesome which makes it worth it's money. I stay here for business but would absolutely be worth staying at for shopping trips, but I would probably give it a miss for a romantic getaway though. The suites are much nicer than the standard room and worth paying if you can budget it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel as they have more room due to the building shape.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pinktreaclemeow

Dear Pinktreaclemeow,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.

I am ever so glad to read that you are a loyal advocate of The Berkshire hotel and that you enjoy every stay with us! We always aim to provide a friendly and efficient service.

If there is anything I can be of help with or to assist with any future reservations please don’t hesitate to let me know directly via the hotel reception.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the Berkshire

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was clean the the staff was very friendly and helpful. Bond Street tube was right across the street and its located off of Oxford Street. Our room was small but this is standard for Europe. We were offered an upgrade but decided to save our money. We noticed that there were a lot of people coming into the hotel to eat dinner at the restaurant, Scott and Banter. We didn't have an opportunity to eat here as we were on the move. The concierge assisted us with answering various questions and the front desk staff were also very helpful. This hotel is also eco-friendly and you will need to insert your room key into a slot in order for you to turn on your lights. We discovered this via trial and error.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 12travelr
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear 12travelr,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave a feedback about your stay here with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire hotel. We truly appreciate you as a customer. Thank you for also taking the time out to highlight the convenient location of our hotel, I am sure this will be very useful to some of our future guest.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I Hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire hotel in the future

Barbara frigiolini