“Great Stay...!”

Ranked #355 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
“Great Stay...!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Great location just off Oxford Street near to Bond Street tube. All the staff were fantastic and spoiled by little boy with gifts for his birthday. Lovely room with plenty of space. Breakfast was lovely too. Fab hotel will go back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Jane A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. We always love a special occasion here at The Berkshire! We were delighted to do something for your little boy to make his stay with us here a special one! I hope he enjoyed his cake and teddy! I do hope that we will see you again very soon.

Kindest Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night and was not too impressed at all. In defence of the hotel tbough, renovations were going on at the time and would imagine things have improved since my stay.

It was recommended I stay on an upper floor, luckily I refused as the lifts were broken (they didn't mention this in reception). Loud noises throughout the night. Good shower to wake you up in the morning. I will probably give this hotel another go at some point as I felt it could offer more.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Simmokj,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Berkshire Hotel and to provide us with your thoughts of your stay with us. I am sorry that you were disturbed whilst you were with us. Around March time there was a lot of work going on, both in, and around the hotel. I am happy to say now however, that all work has been completed on the refurbishment of Debenhams and nose disturbance in now at a minimum. We have also completed our refurbishment of replacing every television in the hotel to brand new flat screen smart TV's. This required some drilling into walls for the TV mountings which I sincerely apologise if it was an issue for you. I do hope that you will return to us again. Thank you once again.

Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Everything at this hotel could be much, much better! If average is your cup of "tea", so to speak, then have at it. BTW, good luck at getting a cab in less than 15 minutes or more. They do not go to this hotel due to the hotel choosing to use Uber over the locals, and while the hotel is close to some things, it is also at the dead end of a very narrow street so the cabbies will not even drive by it cause they can't, in order to see if anyone is looking to flag a ride.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Richardneal R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties in getting a taxi while you were staying with us. Taxis and car services can of course be booked in advance to avoid any wait at all. Alternatively cars booked on the spot can sometimes take a while to arrive, particularly during rush hours. Additionally the entrance of the hotel is just under 20m from Oxford Street where many taxis pass by. I am sorry if you felt frustrated by the wait you experienced and I hope that it did not detract too much from the rest of your stay.

Virginia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I were guests at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire earlier this month for six nights. From the moment we arrived to the very last minute before departing for the airport, the staff....all of them....concierge to the waiter at the Scoff and Banter, were extraordinarily friendly! Room was clean (although I would change the color, but that is subjective) and comfortable. Modern yet still had a European feel.

The location is perfect! The entrance is just a hop, skip and jump off of Oxford. Easy walk to Mayfair area, Bond Street, or to the Westminster area if you like to walk.

If (when!) we return to London, we will most definitely book at this hotel again. Hands down!

Thank you Radisson Blu Edwardian!

BTW, I loved the Scoff and Banter Pinot Grigio.....can you reply with the name of it? :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear CarolynJVA,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such fabulous feedback of your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you felt that you were so well looked after. I am also pleased to say that we are updating the colour scheme of the Hotel with our soft refurbishment that is being carried out at the moment. I hope the next time you stay you will find it more to your liking :)

Thanks for leaving your feedback and we will be delighted to see you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager

P.S. The Pinot Grigio from Scoff & Banter Bar is Pinot Grigio Provincia di Pavia, Corte Vigna, Italy 2012/13
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

WOW, the staff were excellent! Friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. I'd booked this as a birthday treat for my husband and mentioned this on the booking form. Upon arrival we were shown to our table which had been decorated with birthday confetti, lovely touch. The staff also brought out a plate with a Happy Birthday message, more cake and chocolates which again was a lovely touch and made the experience even more special. Thank you Radisson for going the extra mile and exceeding my expectations. Only wish more businesses would do this! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Michelle H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review for us here on Tripadvisor! We are delighted that we were able to make your husband's birthday such a special and memorable occasion for him. Our staff really do make all the difference here! Their caring and passion for the job and the customer is what puts a smile on peoples faces. Knowing that each one is important and that each one matters to us. Once again delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and will very much like to welcome you back again in the future.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel was very good in a strategic location for shopping families and individuals, which was not the case with me so it was rather noisy. However service was excellent, room was so small in area, I do not know but it shocked me!

Dear Tarek E,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Berkshire Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you appreciated the excellent location that we have here in the heart of Oxford Street. I am sorry that you found your room a little small. We are of course a very central London property and sometimes space is not in abundance. Our Double and King Size rooms have a lot more space in them and are much more suitable for leisure guests.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back to stay with us very soon.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Thanks to business, I spent one night at this hotel in August. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room is quite compact, but elegantly appointed with very clean bathroom. The bed is very comfortable. It was a shame that its strength - the convenient central location -
could be its downfall as well. There were rowdy people from nearby clubs, shouting all night on the street! I couldn't get any sleep even after I had asked for a room on the 6th floor and not facing the main road. To make things worth, I forgot to pack some ear plugs in my bag! I ended up reading through the night. I must have gone through every article on all the magazines provided in the room.

Luckily, a lovely breakfast made up for my sleepless night. You can get customised eggs from the kitchen, in addition to the usual buffet stuff. The pink smoothie is really yummy!

Overall, it's a lovely hotel for business.

Room Tip: Top floor! But bring ear plugs just in case!
Dear Jane S,

Thank you for reviewing The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel here on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you found the room to your taste and that everything was cleaned to the highest standards for you. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by people on the street however. Although we of course cannot control the noise coming from passers by we could happily of provided you with some ear plugs to help you sleep more soundly. Please always ask if there is something you may need.
I'm am glad to hear that breakfast perked you up a little. The selection is fantastic and there are so many more items that can be made to order as well.

We do hope to be welcoming you back to stay with us a The Berkshire Hotel again very soon.

Kindest Regards,