“comfortable nights stay”

Ranked #293 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“comfortable nights stay”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Comfortable stay in this boutique hotel rooms adequate and very clean not too far to walk to the theatres and to covent garden so fairly central. The white company toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The best feature about this hotel is the breakfast which was freshly made and very tasty. Over priced but it is central London and you do get what you have paid for. Overall not a bad stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ginge2011
Miguel S, Assistant Hotel Manager at Rathbone Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us.

Thank you for mentioning the breakfast, one of our best assets at the Rathbone, freshly prepared every morning by our Chef, and our toiletries. It is on the small details that we try to improve every day, to keep our standards high, and receive well.

Miguel Silva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Finnish first
leicestershire
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Really love the location, close to lots of restaurants. Small but intimate reception and bar. Like the fact it is less corporate. The rooms are ok but bathroom tired, but I believe the hotel are upgrading them, they need to for what they charge. Friendly, helpful staff. Plenty of choice if you prefer breakfast out of the hotel. Have visited many times and will again .

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for sharing this kind comments following your visit to The Rathbone Hotel.

I will pass on your lovely comments to our team who will be very happy and it will motivate them even more to welcome all our future guests. I am pleased that you will keep coming to The Rathbone Hotel.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We booked this hotel at a discount rate. Its in a fantastic location, just off Charlotte Street which has a great range of bars and food all on the doorstep. Its also easy to walk to theatres and shopping on Oxford Street.
The staff were very friendly, the room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was first rate for fresh fruit and tasty breads with great coffee ( a must have in my view!). So all in all a great choice, particularly if the rooms are selling at a discount.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us.

I am very pleased that your time at the Rathbone was of your liking. Thank you for mentioning the breakfast, one of our best assets at the Rathbone, freshly prepared every morning by our Chef.

London
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I bboked for one night as we had a special accasion and needed to stay in the area. Read some reviews and was not sure what to expect. The reality was rather nice.
Check in - friendly and very good; got upgraded without even asking. The hotel looked very nice from outside and inside; the bar looked really nice but we did not checked it out.
the room was superb, I stayed in many hotel rooms but this one was exceptional. The best of it was that the room did not looked like a hotel room but a posh bedroom in a classy house. The bed was very good and big; the bathroom was fantastic.
We did not have any food there, so can't comment on this.
All in all, really nice stay in a superb location; would definitelly come back.

Recommend? Hell, no - I'll keep it to myself! :))

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank coollondon
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments following your stay with us.

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Rathbone Hotel and plan on staying again when coming to London.

I am very pleased that your experience was one to remember, and all the staff from the Rathbone thanks your kind comments.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Business trip. Didn't want to go overboard on budget, found this, photo's looked good, but more importantly, the location was key.

What did i get?

Arrived quite late (8pm), nice foyer and reception staff. Bar looked good, but didn't go in.

Check in was polite and friendly.

And then the lift...... what's going on with that? It was like stepping back in time. As the tiny box rattled upwards, i had visions of me falling out into a 1950's film set, only to find i was involved in some sort of quantum leap.

But i didn't

The room was small, warm, looked out onto a roof and some other large buildings. The furnishing made me think i had ended up in the 1950's, but then the flat screen TV set reminded me i hadn't.

No iron and ironing board, had to ask for one. Come on....

So i headed out, for food and some drinks. Arrived back at midnight, slept and left at 7.30am.

It was a room for me, and it felt like one. OK for the price range, but certainly wouldn't select this hotel from a list.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you found our location excellent and the check in polite and friendly.
Our décor being classic, is commended by many reviews on Tripadvisor, and our Iron and ironing board is, as in most hotels, on request, even though we have a trouser press in every room. I am disappointed that this was not of your like, but maybe you can return to a club or suite room on your next visit, where the décor is more luxurious.

I hope to see you again soon at The Rathbone.

Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were in London for a family get-together last weekend. Four of our party were staying in the Rathbone Hotel - a last minute, unknown choice which could not have been better. The staff, the room, food, service, everything was second to none. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone looking for a central location, 5 mins walk to Oxford St, British Museum, close to many bars, restaurants and cafes and ideal for the West End too. Will be back there for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Miguel S, Assistant Hotel Manager at Rathbone Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014

I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your visit to the Rathbone Hotel and plan on staying again when coming to London.

We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that the team was there for you at all times.

Kind Regards
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Hotel was fine. Service was great, they went to great effort to get us the drinks we wanted at the bar and ensure that everything was just right for the Bloody Mary - and it was pretty good.

Room was clean but a bit old fashioned, but I liked the magazines to read.

They were friendly and welcoming and breakfast was good and the reception staff helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

We always aim to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I will pass on the comments to our barman who made your Bloody Mary.

I hope we can welcome you in the future.