“Great hotel - super location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rathbone Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rathbone Hotel
Ranked #278 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Vancouver, Washington
“Great hotel - super location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and found it very pleasant. In the summer the air conditioning was a great feature and the location is wonderful. Right next to amazing dining and a few blocks from the British Museum.

The room was clean and quiet so we slept well. About 4 blocks to the nearest underground station, although you need to walk a bit further to get on a line that serves more places. We usually had to change trains once to get to the touristy stuff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank drkelvin
Miguel S, Assistant Hotel Manager at Rathbone Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and I hope to welcome you back in a not so distant future.

Miguel Silva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Finnish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights last week. After checking out I realised my very expensive hair products were missing from my case. Called and asked for a ring back once reception had spoken to housekeeping but still waiting for a response. The location is extremely handy, decor a bit tired but service not so great, had to wait ages to be served in the bar on a night and in the end flag people down. Please can someone call me about the products which were left or taken from my room? 07540 316000

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Harrogatevictoria
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you for referring our location, one of our fortes, but I am disappointed that our service was below your expectations.

After several attempts to make contact with you and several voicemails, all of them unsuccessful, I would kindly ask if you could reach me directly on the hotel main line so I can speak to you directly about the forgotten hair products.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

A small , friendly and a cosy little hotel in the heart of London.
Checked in early by friendly reception staff. Clean and comfortable room
and very quiet too.
Superb atmosphere around the hotel with the soccer world cup being broadcast at all the pubs.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time spent writing this review.

I am very glad that you found The Rathbone friendly and convenient.

I hope we have the pleasure of a return visit in a near future.

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was my third stay at The Rathbone and I would certainly return. All the staff are unfailing friendly and helpful. The rooms have eveything you need from quality toiletries, hairdryer, AC to crisp clean sheets and very comfortable bed. It is so nice to have a shower with good power too!
Although some of the furniture is a bit tired, it does not detract from a very comfortable stay. The breakfast is quiet, relaxed and a great start to the day. Also appreciated are the recommendations of local restauarants and bars. Great location, an oasis in the middle of hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one and you will be inside, peacful!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Sue S
Dear Guest,

We deeply appreciate your kind review.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great service - good small hotel in great location - close to good local restaurants - good breakfast and quiet cocktail bar. Highly recommended for business or leisure use - probably my favourite mid range hotel in the city

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Miguel S, Assistant Hotel Manager at Rathbone Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are very proud to be your favourite mid range hotel in London, and we thank you our preference and recommendation.

I am pleased to hear that you found great service in our hotel and that you enjoyed breakfast and the bar.

We are all looking forward to your next visit.

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Room was comfortable with white company toiletries tea and coffee in the room. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order. Not cheap but convenient for theatres and centre of town overall a very pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review.

I am glad that you found the room comfortable, and the hotel location convenient.

The White Company toiletries and the English breakfast freshly cooked to order is only two of the pleasant details in service that you can find at The Rathbone.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Lovely bolt hole in heart of London's West end - perfectly located for theatres, gigs, shopping, eating & bar hopping. My 5th floor room was remarkably peaceful given buzz of surrounding area. Charming & friendly staff. Deco freaks like me will especially love the original features, all beautifully preserved - the communal / bar areas are especially lovely. Excellent value for central London - I've already booked my next stay!

Room Tip: My 5th floor room was very peaceful despite the Friday night partying going on in nearby bars.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the time spend posting this lovely review.

I will pass on the comments to our staff, it will make their day. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay so much and we will be looking forward to you next visit.

Kind regards,