“Doesn't meet expectations”
Review of Cranley Hotel

Cranley Hotel
Ranked #602 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Small hotel member of slh. We got a room on the top floor, very small. It was August, the air conditioning was broken and we had a rented fan, it was so noisy that we couldn't hear the TV. They shouldn't offer this room. We are still waiting for an email or an apology, we paid the full amount.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Natalia V

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The room we had (502), although a ground floor suite (no view) was very nicely appointed. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom large and accommodating with two sinks. We had an issue with the air conditioning, which seemed to shut off once per day, and two lights in the bathroom were out, despite repeated requests to repair them. All in all, the room was very nice and the staff had an excellent service attitude. The lobby was well appointed, and they have 24hr room service. Breakfast available in your room. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 502 ground floor suite very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Cranleyhotel, Front Office Manager at Cranley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your spacious Executive room in the lower ground floor.
At the same time, I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for the maintenance issues you experienced; I can assure you that this is not a standard at the Cranley Hotel, where we do work very hard to meet all our guests' requests in the swiftest ways possible.

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I enjoyed 3 nights at the Cranley. Our room was quite small, but very nice. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The location was quite good for sight seeing and access to the Underground. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, as it was not included in our room rate. The one thing we found a bit off-putting was the very stained carpet in the reception room. This was the very first thing we saw and made us a little apprehensive to see our room. I am happy to say our room was fine, but the carpet in the public area needs to be replaced immediately. For this reason, I cannot give the hotel a higher rating.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on the Cranley Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room at the Cranley.
We very much value the feedback of our guests; we are currently carrying out improvement works at the Cranley and would love to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to receive further feedback on our improved aspects.

Once again, thank you for your review. If there is anything we could do for you in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cranley!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I'm in London frequently and this is definately one of the nicest small hotels I've stayed at.
There is a lovely faded elegance about it and the attention to detail in the room was fantastic, right down to the Penhaligan toiletries in little apothecary bottles. It was like stepping back in time when customers were really valued, the staff were quickly on hand to cover me with an umbrella and take my bags.
It doesn't have a resturant but they will bring breakfast to the room and there are lots of places near by.
I'm only sorry that i didn't get to spend more time there, and I really hope to go back as they made me feel very special indeed.

Room Tip: For a romantic weekend, the lovely 4 poster beds are a bit special
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It is lovely to read such kind words on the Cranley Hotel.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.

Please do come back to visit us soon!

In the meantime, should we be able to be of any more service, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very happy to recommend this small friendly hotel which I will definately consider on my next visit to London. It is in a great location for Knightsbridge/Kensington shopping and museums and within easy walking distance of the Underground. Friendly reception staff and a comfortable clean room and it is also very competitvely priced for this type of hotel and area. It is a little bit tired in places and could do with some reupholstery of the furnishings in the room including the carpets. Also the continental breakfast included in the price that was served in the room was presented beautifully but consisted of only tea/coffee, bread or croissant and a fruitjuice. I think it woud be nice to add some fruit/youghur or ham/salami etc to the tray. You can order extras, English Breakfast etc at a high cost but in my opinion the included items should be a bit more substantial. Otherwise a lovely little hotel.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to rate us.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Cranley Hotel.
I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the room conditions; for the past months we have been working on improvement works in the rooms and we would love to welcome you back so you may have the opportunities to see the works we have done on the rooms.
Regarding the breakfast, we do offer our guests a wider variety of breakfast choices on the A La Carte Menu, which you could add to our choices of fixed breakfasts.

We would be pleased at the opportunity of seeing you back at the Cranley!

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of any assistance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2013

The Cranley is a charming hotel, ideally situated for visiting London, within easy walking distance to the London Museums, Royal Albert Hall and the shopping districts of Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and South Kensington. It is a delightful townhouse hotel and not one of your faceless chains, however there are a few basic issues that could easily be addressed and I am not certain why they have not been. We were situated on the first floor at the back of the hotel, in a very nice quiet room that was well decorated, albeit on the small size (if you were travelling with a lot of suitcases I am not sure where you would have stored them) However it was let down by the ripped fabric on the arm of the chair, the tears in the bed valance on the foot of the bed (which could easily been fixed with a needle and thread) and the stains on the blind at the window. We also had an unfortunate experience with the bedside light on the first morning of our stay when the lamp bulb blew with a loud bang and fused the lights in the room and bathroom, so not able to shower etc as the bathroom was in complete darkness..... not a comfortable start to the day in a rather hot and sticky London. We reported this to the receptionist, and most of the problem was solved by the time we returned in the afternoon, but still some issues which required a return visit from the maintainence people where we learnt that this was not the first time this had happened, the light in question having the same problem previously. In spite of this the hotel is quite delightful, with very helpful staff and in an ideal location. If the few things I have mentioned were dealt with, I would have had no hesitation in giving five stars to the hotel, however advertising that you are a luxury boutique hotel does not quite sit with rips and stains etc. which are just cosmetic issues that should be dealt with as soon as possible. All this being said, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was well appointed, with towels, bathrobes, slippers and good toiletries from Penhaligons. There is a well stocked fridge and snacks available in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caroline186225
Cranleyhotel, Manager at Cranley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on us.
We are currently carrying out improvements and refurbishments in the hotel as we discussed when you put forward these issues upon your check out. I am truly very sorry that we were unable to accommodate you in another room during your stay, but as we are a small property operating on high demand, it was indeed not possible for us to give you another room.
We do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again so you may experience the improvements that we are working hard to deliver to our guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We booked a number of rooms for family and friends attending my sons wedding.
From the minute we arrived up to us departing the staff were excellent nothing was too much trouble. The standard of the rooms was excellent. The hotel does not have a restaurant however there are numerous bars and restaurants close by to suit most tastes.
I would certainly book here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Cranleyhotel, Manager at Cranley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind words.
We were very pleased to have been chosen by yourself for such a special and memorable occasion.
We do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Cranley.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of any assistance.