“Flys enjoyed the breakfast.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Langorf Hotel

The Langorf Hotel
Ranked #546 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Flys enjoyed the breakfast.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

On arriving at this hotel, I was told straight away I had been upgraded to 1 of there newly refurbished rooms. The bathroom was very nice, but the room nothing great and being hot July and in the basement, I didn't want to open the windows as the garden was a tip.
I did have a small fridge in my room though and went to put some water in it only to find a bag with fish and chips in it and some half empty bottles of water!!!!
When I pulled the covers back, the sheet was threadbare and had a big hole in it. The bedside lamps didn't work either.
Going for breakfast the next morning the staff were sat around talking and only when I asked did they get me a drink.There was only continental style breakfast and the flies seamed to be enjoying it more than I did!!!!

Room Tip: Don't go in the basement if you want to open a window!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Langorf, Front Office Manager at The Langorf Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment.

First of all I apologize for the cleanliness of your room that obviously does not match with our standards. I will personally check who was responsible for it.

I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad impression of our hotel and I really hope that you will give us the opportunity to show that our standards are different.

Please contact me directly if you decide to come back and I will personally make sure that you will have a pleasant stay.

renato@langorfhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Lillesand, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

After 20 something years traveling in my work posh rooms, big flat-screen TV and stuff doesn't impress me anymore. But soul and atmosphere do. And the Langorf has LOTS of it! Arriving late Sunday evening after 9 hours traveling with 3 children age 8-14 the generous and warm welcome and smile felt really good. And it stayed like this all week! At breakfast, during the day, if we needed anything – always a friendly smile. Even after checkout on our last day up to our departure in the afternoon the staff continued to care for our welfare. To keep it simple – We’ll for sure return to the Langorf the next time we decide to visit London. No doubt!

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms, one on each side. Both good!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stein Petter N
Langorf, Front Office Manager at The Langorf Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Stein Petter,

Thank you for your nice review.

I am glad that we have been able to satisfy such an experienced traveller.

I am happy to hear that you will choose again the Langorf hotel in the future.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly renato@langorfhotel.com

Renato
cambridge uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed here for the cricket at Lords. Yes the hotel could do with some refurbishment but we had a quiet room overlooking the back and in this current heat wave the window was wide open and cooled the room. Quite a small room but had everything we needed. Brilliant breakfast, lots of choice. The hotel booked a taxi, was there when we wanted. Overall excellent value hotel. I would stay again.

Room Tip: 408, quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gmb53
Dear Gmb53,

Thank you for your great review.

It is very nice to hear that you enjoied your stay at the Langorf hotel and we really hope to see you soon.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly in the future renato@langorfhotel.com

Autriche
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

The whole hôtel needs real refurbishment! Rooms are very small, windows are old, do not close properly and are no barriers against the cold. If you take a shower, do it early, otherwise you may have cold water. One can hear the noise from the corridor and neighbouring bedrooms. Staff in the breakfast room is not particularly nice.
In one word, I would not recommend it, despite the Tripadvisor label at the reception desk!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Langorf, Front Office Manager at The Langorf Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Viennoise,

Thank you for sharing you review.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at the Langorf hotel.
We have a process of refurbishment on going that I hope will be completed very soon and that will improve the soundprooing of the rooms.

I hope that you will decide to give us another chance and in that case contact me directly so I can make sure that you receive one of the newly refurbished rooms.

Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

After reading some of the reviews by other guests, My family decided to go along with our travel agents recommendation. Upon arrival this is what we found: first, it is a 10 minute walk from the nearest underground station, which is mostly uphill with luggage. The entrance to the hotel is on a residential street and has 7 steps to the lobby, no lift! we carried our own bags to the lobby as there is no bell hop available. the receptionist is an angry, disrespectful pitiful sub-employee. When we entered our room on the 2nd floor we found there is no air conditioner in our room or any other, and it was 85 degrees F. They had the windows wide open with no protective screens to keep out the bugs and strangers.. vile... there were bugs all over the room.When we went down to breakfast it was just at 10am when they stopped serving so as we sat they began to remove food from under our plates. The final straw was when we opened the closet for more bed sheets and found a set with what appeared to be human blood and or urine on them and the mattresses were sunken in with no springs. After a phone call to our travel agent we decided to vacate the room before our first of four nights and go to a real hotel. Upon advising the front desk witch, she explained that our room was the best in the house and was recently renovated, if that is the best I would hate to see what the others looked like. Then when I presented her with the blood/urine stained sheets on her desk she would not even look at them and then fought over the telephone with my travel agent. so in closing avoid this place like the plague!!!!!!

Room Tip: tip: any other place but here!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear TravelWorldwide,

Thank you for sharing your review.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the duvet (most probably stained with coffee or tea) that thanks to you has been immediately removed.

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at the Langorf hotel and I honestly find quite unusual that all the members of the staff that you met, have been so unprofessional and nasty with you and your family. I will investigate the matter and take the necessary measures if needed.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need clarification about all the issues reported.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

We staged in two of the apartments. Nice rooms, quiet neighbourhood, easy access to the tube.
The Hotel is cozy and in old English stile. Friendly people and god service.
Clean and big spacey rooms, but could need a refreshment in the coming years.
The price is OK this close to London centrum.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JPreusse
Langorf, Front Office Manager at The Langorf Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear J Preusse,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our apartments and we really hope to have you back soon.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for your future bookings.

renato@langorfhotel.com
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We normally stay in Central London in one of the big chain hotels. We decided to stay here as we were going to Wembley on Saturday night. The hotel is desperately in need of redecoration, with stains on the carpets and seat bases all over the hotel. Bed was uncomfortable, and room was noisy. You can hear doors banging and floorboards creaking all night. Not a patch on the usual places we stay and we thought it would be considering it was £130 a night. I won't stay here again. On the plus side the location is ok.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Langorf, Front Office Manager at The Langorf Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Mark J,

Thank you for sharing you review.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at the Langorf hotel.
We have a process of refurbishment on going that I hope will be completed very soon but that for the moment leaves some of the rooms not yet refurbished.

I hope that you will decide to give us another chance and in that case I will make sure that you receive one of the newly refurbished rooms.

Plese don't hesitate to contact me in the future: renato@langorfhotel.com