“Great location mainly”
Review of The Langorf Hotel

The Langorf Hotel
Ranked #633 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The room was small, as expected but clean. Bathroom a little bit old but still acceptable. Breakfast was included and food was ok: savoury and sweet things. Good point is free Wi-Fi.
Hotel is average but I would return to this area because it is handy for subway. 5 mn walk, and then 2 or 3 stations away from a stop with many connections. Also, if you keep walking up the street (15-20 minutes) you'll reach the limit of Camden and Hampstead area: there is a nice "village" with Paul patisserie and other original cafes, Still a Tesco express is also available. On the opposite end, when walking towards the station "Finchley road", you have shopping mall and shops on main street with handy Subway for past midnight meal, and a good Korean restaurant.
Also, this Finchley road has stops for National Express and Terravision bus shuttle to/from Luton.
So overall, excellent location and hotel was acceptable for a long week-end.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Langorf, Front Office Manager at The Langorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Portonian31,

Thank you for sharing your review.

I am happy to hear that you will come back to the Langorf hotel and I am sure that next time your will have an even better experience.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Location was fine, except for the unexpected uphill walk with luggage, but the Langorf Hotel is in serious need of a major refurbishment. The carpets and beds should have been replaced years ago, and the bathroom was in really bad condition. Just because a hotel is old, though, doesn't mean it has to be dirty. The kitchen and bathroom were repulsively dirty. My room was on the 3rd upper floor with no lift, so don't even think of staying here if you have any physical challenge with hills and stairs.

The breakfast room was far too small for the number of guests, so the staff quite rudely told people to wait until something was free. Even that is a simple thing: If there's not enough room, try being pleasant with your guests! The breakfast was one of the least appealling I've encountered at even really low-budget hotels in London.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless they are simply looking for a low price, the location is really convenient for them, and they don't have any problem with filth and mildew.

Room Tip: No lifts available, and everything is on a hill, so keep that in mind if you have any physical chall...

Dear ExilAmi,

I am really sorry to hear that you are so disappointed but thank you for your review that, will give us the opportunity to improve our service.

I hope that you will decide to come back soon and I will make sure that you will have one of the newly refurbished room so you will see that our rooms and our service are usually on a different standard than what you experienced.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for your future bookings and I will be more than happy to offer you a free upgrade in an Executive room.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The photos looked promising but as soon as you walk through the front door you realise how tired the place is. It allegedly has 4 stars with AA and RAC but I suspect they got those the last time the place was decorated - late 1970's. Could be magnificent but tired furniture, carpets and decoration make this place one to forget. The bathroom was tiny and the tiles are cracked and the showerhead covered in limescale. Didn't try breakfast as we left too early but if the kitchen is anything like the rooms I suspect it wouldnt have been that great either.

Room Tip: Use the Holiday Inn express down the road!
2  Thank Spurs4eva

Dear Spurs4eva,

Thank you for sharing your review.

We have an on-going process of refurbishment that should end at the beginning of next year and I am sure that, if you decide to give as another chance, you will enjoy your stay and, maybe next time you will also have time to try our breakfast.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for your future bookings.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Very good & quiet location
Even breakfast was good
Reception is open 24 hours a day
However my room was really tinny, probably less than 12m^2
rooms and public area were not updated for years - the hotel needs renovation immediately!!
Tinny shower

1  Thank EyalS925

Dear Eyal,

Thank you for your review.

We are planning to complete the refurbishment of the hotel at the beginning of next year and I am sure that you will have even a better experience if you come back.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We chose this hotel based on the location and earlier reviews. Unfortunately I have to agree with the more recent reviews in that the rooms don't match to photos. The hotel itself is very "English" and that is what we wanted in preference to a standard hotel room that look the same regardless of where in the world you are. Our first impressions were tainted by the state of the carpet in the foyer area... Threadbare!! Not a great first impression. Our room was one of the refurbished rooms but not sure how long ago that was as there was water leaking through the bathroom ceiling from the room above plus everything seemed to be done on the cheap sometime ago. It was very hot when we arrived and all the window were wide opened and there were NO insect screens so the room was full of bugs. Our room was on the ground floor facing the street and we had these massive spot lights shining on the facade to the early hours of the morning which lit up our room too. The free wifi is very slow and unreliable. The breakfast was quite nice but if you went late there was not much left and the staff could be a bit on the abrupt side and often stood chatting in the kitchen when their services were required in the dining room. Our bed was less than adequate with the sheets barely fitting the bed. Our room was quite large which was good and the location was handy and in walking distance to trains, buses and shops. We did not experience noise from other rooms or above as had been previously reported on TA and was a concern to me given that we were on the same floor as reception. Reception staff were polite and friendly but I had the feeling that they were telling me what I wanted to hear rather than the truth. Sadly NO we won't be back as it sounded so good when we booked months ago.....

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lovescruising
Langorf, General Manager at The Langorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Lovescruising,

Thank you for sharing your review.

I am really surprised to hear that you were not satisfied with one of our refurbished rooms and also to hear about the behaviour of the staff during the breakfast.
I will further investigate in order to make sure that this will not happen again.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity, I am sure that next time you will have a different impression.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you decide to come back in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I had high hopes for this hotel as it had been recommended by a trusted friend who stayed there a while ago (7 yrs or so). Unfortunately, I have to share that standards must have dropped significantly since my friends last stay. Firstly, upon check in, another guest jumped the queue ahead of us and rather than politely informing the other guest of the existing line (giving the other guest the benefit of the doubt that their queue jumping was all in complete innocence) the receptionist went ahead and served the queue jumper first! We were then lead to our room which smelled like it had not been aired out for weeks and as it was a basement flat it did not get much natural lighting so had a very musky smell. The carpet was dirty (with visible dirt marks ingrained) and the decor was run down. The wifi signal in the basement flat is very weak that for most of the time we were not able to log on. The flat comes with a kitchenette area, and whilst we did not cook during our 5 day stay there, we did make use of the kettle and cups for light refreshments - it was a surprise that the daily cleaning service did not include the cups too! Had I not made a prepayment before our arrival I would have checked out sooner. As this hotel is located in a residential neighbourhood, there is restricted "permits" only car parking so if you are driving yourself there and want to park nearby... forget about it. The most disappointing thing about our stay was the lack of honesty of the staff - when I informed them that I had left my phone charger behind and could come back at the end of the week to pick it up, and even told them exactly where in the room I had left it - their response back to me was that "the cleaning staff" did not find it. Yes, it's my fault for being careless and leaving my phone charger behind, but it is never nice to learn that members of the hotel staff you trust to be in your room, where you leave your bags and other belongings behind when they do their daily clean, are not honest.

Tip 2: for those who need to be in this area, There is a Holiday Inn Express on Finchley Road - I bet it's a whole lot cleaner and closer to the 02 Centre, shops, bus stop and Finchley Central tube.

Tip 2: Completely agree with what other reviewers wrote about the official photographs being misleading!

Room Tip: Don't take the basement flat - you will be able to hear the upstairs resident moving about - not...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jil33n
Langorf, Front Office Manager at The Langorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Jil33n,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you are so disappointed.

We have an on going process of refurbishment that I hope we will complete as soon as possible so all our rooms and apartment will be new.

About your phone charger, I would like to investigate on the matter, so I kindly ask you to contact me in order to give me further information.

My email address is renato@langorfhotel.com.

I really hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you that our standards are better than this.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We have stayed at the Langorf several times over the last15 years. Our most recent trip in late September 2013 indicated that the hotel has sharply declined in quality and value over the years. Some specifics - unless you get a room that has been renovated, the rooms are small and generally uncomfortable. If you go to breakfast toward the end, they run out of some of the food (eggs, for example). There was a mouse in one of our rooms. I could go on. The staff were generally pleasant and helpful, and I got the impression that they were ill-supported by management. The front desk staff went out of their way to address our concerns but they were working with limited resources. The dining room staff was uneven - some helpful, some surly. Bottom line - this was our last visit.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DocLipper
Langorf, Front Office Manager at The Langorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Edward,

Thank you for the review.

It is really hard to hear how you are disappointed and that you are thinking to don't come back anymore.

We are working hard to improve the hotel and I really hope that you will decide to give us one more opportunity to show you our best standards.