My wife and I stayed 3 nights. We had a superior king room on the 4th floor. The bathroom was of a good size, in keeping with a room of this standard. Room was a bit small however. This might have been down to the super size king bed, which was very comfortable. We did feel at times that we had to coordinate movement to get around the room. The bedroom door only just opened without hitting the bed. The tv could only be viewed from the bed, not the small sitting area. The location is great for the Palace and conveniently located for Victoria underground and overground. The west end can be reached on foot and very quickly by public transport. The staff are very friendly.
Breakfast is buffet style and of a very good standard. It was included in our room rate. I felt I was ripped off in the lounge where 2 coffees cost £11.20. It would have been cheaper to have a beer !
I phoned reception before arrival to check directions from Victoria tube. I was told there is only 1 exit at present, due to construction work. Not true !. Take the district and circle line exit, it is then a 2 mins walk up Buckingham Palace Road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace