“Amazing Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Had an amazing weekend stay at the Rubens. The staff are amazingly helpful and could not do enough for us. My special thanks to the Manager for my mouth watering Breakfast of Waffles!!

The rooms are tastefully decorated and the bathrooms are exceptionally clean. It's a great location near Buckingham palace and is only a short ride away from the West End. I will no doubt be staying again in the near future.

Room Tip: 4th floor is perfectly quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jubba33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Bath UK
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Nice enough hotel and the staff were pleasant but perhaps we were expecting more of the rooms, eating areas and food but it wasn't the top end establishment we were hoping for. I guess it just goes to show you can't always believe what you read. If our expectations weren't so high this hotel would probably be a three star rating as opposed to the four given here. So don't let this review put you off if you want a decent hotel then go for it because nothing was seriously wrong here, as I said I guess we are used to that little extra. PS: because it was Xmas the food was generally for the masses, not the best.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris147
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We were extremely happy with our afternoon tea experience at the Rubens. Although it was pricey, it was worth it. From the moment we stepped in the door the service was outstanding. The food, the tea and the champagne were excellent. We were seated by the window and could watch the comings and goings of the Buckingham Palace Mews. The staff was extremely hospitable and did not rush us out the door. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Brooke M
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was my first stay at the Rubens at the Palace. I chose this hotel based on its proximity both to public transportation (Victoria underground) and the locations where my work engagements were (around Westminster, a perfectly do-able walk from the hotel).

I had booked a double room on the Mews side. It turned out that, due to some technical problems on that floor, the Internet connection wasn't working. Because of this I was moved up to the 4th floor to a slightly larger room. The Internet connection was very fast and reliable from there.

My stay was very comfortable and pleasant. It was a working trip and I appreciated the office supplies in the desk (stapler, post-it notes, tape, hole puncher, highlighters, etc.) as well as the fast and reliable Internet connection. Staying on the Mews side was lovely. In the mornings the royal horses were brought out (presumably to exercise them) and I loved hearing the clopping of the hooves on the street below. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank daCruz00
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Just returned from a couple nights stay at the Rubens and found the hotel to be excellent.All the staff from the doorman to the waiting staff were all very helpful, friendly and efficient.I would have no hesitation to reccommend this to anyone wanting a first class stay in London.Special thanks to Dave.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jayne T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2013

If you would like to make a special event really memorable use this hotel. I have never received such courteous service. Every member of staff we met treated us as welcome and valued guests. Every request we made was treated with enthusiasm and a genuine wish to make our stay memorable. They were successful. It was memorable. Without doubt this is the best hotel I have ever used.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Stevemux
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Rubens at the Palace is without a doubt my favourite hotel in London! I first stayed at The Rubens in the autumn of 2006 and have been back about 5 or 6 times since then. The two times I've stayed at another London hotel I've always wished I was back at Rubens. The location is unrivaled, it's a short walk from Buckingham Palace and the Royal Parks and has easy access to Victoria Station for underground/rail travel.

The hotel is warm and welcoming, and you'll be treated like royalty by the staff. You don't feel like just another faceless guest. It has a real boutique hotel feel to it, with all the benefits of being a Red Carnation property!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends