I booked this hotel for my wife and I because they were offering one night free if you booked three nights in a suite. Since we were staying in London for 6 days the two free days made a big difference on our bill. Our room was the African Queen suite on the first floor. The decor was a little dated but the room itself was large, especially for London so we had plenty of room to unpack our clothes and store our luggage. The bathroom was also very large and the bath was very nice.
The hotel staff were all very friendly and proactive in making sure that we enjoyed our stay. As a lot of other reviewers have written, we received a call shortly after checking in to make sure that we were satisfied with our accommodations. Every night there were chocolates left with our turn down service and there was complimentary water provided.
The hotel bar had someone singing and playing piano most nights which was a very nice touch. The hotel is located next to Buckingham palace and the Victoria tube and bus station so public transport is very close. One night I left my coat in the bar but one call to the concierge and it was waiting for me in the lobby on my way out the door the next morning.
Overall my wife and I had a wonderful time at this hotel and would highly recommend it to my fellow travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace