For a short break in London, you could do no better than stay at the Rubens by the Palace.
It is not the swishest or the most expensive. But it is immaculately turned out. Our room (up from the standard) was nicely decorated and comfortably furnished with the best hotel bed we have slept in.
However, the most impressive thing here is the service. The staff are clearly well trained and motivated. It is so nice, nowdays, to experience good old fashioned courtesy.
Great restaurant-too. Pricey, but worth it for the occasion. Also, you only get what you pay for, and here you get quality by the spadeful-or should it be by the forkful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace