We stayed for 3 nights over Easter week, wanting somewhere close to Victoria station for the express to gatwick, and this hotel fitted the bill. The welcome from the pavement onwards was warm and friendly, and the staff couldn't do enough to be helpful.
Our room was on the first floor and was well appointed with a comfortable bed, but not too much room around it. The bathroom was modern, efficient and lit with blue led lights when the main light was not turned on. This was actually quite handy, but could be a little alarming at times as nothing was quite the right colour if you used it at night.
The corridors are a little tight and could do with freshening up, and the lifts are tiny, but on the first floor this wasn't a problem until we had to exit with multiple bags, although we could have had them taken down for us with no problems at all. The public areas of the hotel are delightful and we particularly enjoyed a coffee in the lounge with a gifted pianist playing every night when we got back from a night out.
Breakfasts were excellent with a good selection and again, impeccable service, in a spacious and well decorated restaurant.
Wi fi was free, as it should be in all hotels.
All in all, a great stay and we plan to be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace