I stayed here for two nights as part of a business trip. It has a good, central location and is very 'old English' in decor (if you like that sort of thing), but the classic double rooms are incredibly small and jam packed with furniture. I've stayed in many London hotels and this by far was the smallest room I've ever stayed in -- especially for the price paid (almost $400/night USD). While elegantly appointed, I cannot imagine staying long term on a holiday in one of these rooms. Also, the wi-fi never really worked (kept dropping and VERY slow), which was difficult given I spent an entire afternoon working from my room and on conference calls. The pub area was nice, and the food at breakfast and dinner was good, but I'd probably look for something more modern and with business-level amenities on my next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace