“Great location, great service”

The Rubens at the Palace
Ranked #80 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great location, great service”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel July 3-6th. The hotel has and old time charm and I found that the staff go above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay. The rooms are on the small side, but clean. I travelled with my husband and two teenagers so we had 2 rooms. They were able to give them 2 twins and ours was a king bed room. The street noise is noticeable in the day, but we were so exhausted at night I did not notice it. They offer a breakfast that has a lot to choose from, so that was a nice addition as well. I did not get to have "afternoon tea" at the hotel because they were booked, but it looked like a nice setting and very popular. The location of the hotel is perfect, right down the street from buckingham palace. (They list it as across the street, but you are across the street from the staff entrance). Regardless, good location. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank debbiehughes702

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I wanted to take my daughter on a special night out as we had rare overnight respite for my son. The staff at the hotel made such a wonderful fuss of her and made us both very welcome. The room was gorgeous and exceptionally clean. The location was perfect for us as it was less than 5 minutes to the station and the theatre. 24 hours room service was great for us as we hadn't time to have dinner before the show. Breakfast was also fantastic. Can't thank the staff enough for helping me to make some memories with my girl.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Joanne B
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have several times stayed in this hotel and always was pleased and feel myself secured and comfortable. The location is very convenient as it is in heart of London. Certainly recommend this hotel as for business as well as for family holidays. The Staff are very friendly and always willing to help.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ruslan M
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We return here again and again. Excellent for theatres and a short walk from Victoria station. In fact within short distance to everything! Welcoming staff and we even get a card and a box of cookies in our room each visit now! The bedrooms are clean, tidy and spacious. The carvery is exceptional and delicious. The best Eton mess ever!! Snacks are given in the bar with your drinks order and you will be spoilt with comfortable furnishings, attentive staff and even a piano player to entertain you on some nights. Whatever the occassion you will feel spoilt rotten and will want to return again and again like us. Forget looking elsewhere.... head straight for The Rubens - you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Diane S
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at The Rubens for the weekend to see Wicked, and we were very impressed by the hotel all round. The staff and services provided were fantastic, with all the staff being very welcoming and helpful. I would really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Harriet96445
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great hotel! Wonderful, wonderful service! Everyone cared about us; how we were getting along; how they could make our stay better, etc. Just could not have been better. Highly recommended to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank btgUSA
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I got all the help I needed from the very nice and welcomming staff! The hotel is old and traditional with somewhat narrow rooms, but very charming with typical british charm. The hotel serves typical afternoon tea very excelent. I can recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business