“A welcome friendlym attentive, thoroughly professional oasis in a mad busy cityhotel”

The Rubens at the Palace
Ranked #73 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Perth
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had the privilege of supporting a friend at his recent investiture at Buckingham Palace.
Not only was the hotel a superb location for Palace and stations and comfortable but had the best of staff.
I was so impressed at Doorman, Concierge and waiters. They were not in your face but seemed to anticipate your needs, remember your choices and offer genuine friendship with respect.
I will be back. Cant wait for an opportunity to arise

Room Tip: I would trust the staff thoroughly and take their advice depending on your specific preferences
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank SydGraham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (893)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights while traveling alone in London. The hotel is in an absolutely idea location near Victoria station. The service was wonderful and the rooms were a really good size with very large bathrooms. It was clean, quiet and a good place to hang out if you wanted to relax for a few hours and watch a movie in your room. I loved the jazz in the evening and the breakfast buffet in the morning was delicious. However, this place is old; crickety floors and the decor overall deserves a bit of an update. It's a pricey hotel, but super comfortable, and I would stay there again if I got a better deal. London is not a cheap place to travel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Courtney G
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I love this hotel.....I will be staying here again in August, 2014....You can not find a more charming hotel.....The restaurants are fantastic.....Afternoon tea is delightful.......The location is outstanding......Yes, the rooms are on the small side, but what hotel in Europe has large rooms?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Denise L
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at the rubens in July and had one of our BEST hotel stays ever. The staff was always cheerful and whenever there was an issue it was remedied immediately. We stayed for our anniversary and will stay again if we visit London

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ron J
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Visited whilst attending a function at a different venue so we did not have a meal and cannot therfore comment on food. However, we did have breakfast which was pleasant but fairly standard fare.
Service at the bar was excellent and the bar itself was spacious, well furnished and comfortable.
The bedroom was quite small but certainly good enough for our needs as we were only there for the one night.
The location - just a couple of hundred yards from Buckingham Palace - was superb.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joe R
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Near main tourist attractions such as Buckingham Palace but needs to be refurbished. Typical old english style without touch or finess but with charm. The hotel has seen its better days and definitely requires a major make over.

Room Tip: 3 star feet ordinary tourist hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank PehrB
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Another incredible stay at the Rubens. It's almost impossible to get this kind of service anywhere in the hotel industry these days. I travel so much and have almost 100 hotel stays just this year alone so I do know something about good service and unfortunately I know something about bad service. The Rubens is absolutely the best of the best service that a business or a leisure traveller can experience. If there were such a thing as a 10 star hotel that is what I would rate the Rubens. My room was SPECTACULAR, The location was SPECTACULAR. I loved the breakfast and sitting in the lounge enjoying a Latte in between meetings. That, by the way was one of my most enjoyable things to do. The only thing you need to change about the Rubens is nothing!
Thank you for a world class stay...
May I just add that Nathan Champion was once again a tremendous part of my stay. He knew my name, he knew my check in and check out date and he knows customer service better than anyone. Plus he has a smile that can brighten anyone day as it did mine day after day. I would recommend anyone who visits the Rubens to get to know Nathan as he will make your stay better.
Steve Jones who works in the lounge was absolutely wonderful to me from the minute I talked to him. He was funny, witty and I got to like him very much.

Room Tip: I enjoy the rooms that face Buckingham Palace Road