“FANTASTIC HOTEL”

The Rubens at the Palace
Ranked #74 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Myself and my husband visited the Rubens for a weekend stay. From start to finish the level of customer service from the staff is top class. The rooms are clean and provide most essential items. The breakfast has a great choice and served in lovely surroundings. We experienced the afternoon tea which was absolutely delightful, a lovely selection of sandwiches, cakes and teas. I can highly recommend the Rubens especially if you are looking for a special treat.
I would like to mention the professional customer relations from the General Manager Mr Malcolm Hendry who made our stay most pleasurable. We will return.

7  Thank 5037775susan
Write a ReviewReviews (4,340)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My boyfriend took me to the London for the first time and we stayed at the Rubens which is literally soooo close to the palace (how cool)! We arrived about an hour earlier than our checkin time but it was not an issue since our room was already available. We stayed in a royal room, "Mary Queen of Scots" , it was very nice, lots of closet space, stocked mini fridge , and a nice hidden tv. The bathroom was spectacular! Spent a lot of time taking selfies in there.

After getting settled we went down stairs where we were once again greeted by the coolest door man, he went out of his way to make sure we knew the easiest routes for our sight seeing adventures. He was really lovely! All of the staff were nice but he stood out the most.

The following morning we were supposed to go to free breakfast but the bed was so comfy we over slept!!
We checked out and left our bags at concierge so that we wouldn't have to carry them around the city while doing our final day of sightseeing
Picked them up around 8:30pm, no problem at all.

Our time there was great and if I'm ever in London again I'll be staying at The Rubens

Room Tip: Choose the royal rooms
4  Thank Daisy R
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had the privilege of supporting a friend at his recent investiture at Buckingham Palace.
Not only was the hotel a superb location for Palace and stations and comfortable but had the best of staff.
I was so impressed at Doorman, Concierge and waiters. They were not in your face but seemed to anticipate your needs, remember your choices and offer genuine friendship with respect.
I will be back. Cant wait for an opportunity to arise

Room Tip: I would trust the staff thoroughly and take their advice depending on your specific preferences
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank SydGraham
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights while traveling alone in London. The hotel is in an absolutely idea location near Victoria station. The service was wonderful and the rooms were a really good size with very large bathrooms. It was clean, quiet and a good place to hang out if you wanted to relax for a few hours and watch a movie in your room. I loved the jazz in the evening and the breakfast buffet in the morning was delicious. However, this place is old; crickety floors and the decor overall deserves a bit of an update. It's a pricey hotel, but super comfortable, and I would stay there again if I got a better deal. London is not a cheap place to travel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Courtney G
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I love this hotel.....I will be staying here again in August, 2014....You can not find a more charming hotel.....The restaurants are fantastic.....Afternoon tea is delightful.......The location is outstanding......Yes, the rooms are on the small side, but what hotel in Europe has large rooms?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Denise L
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at the rubens in July and had one of our BEST hotel stays ever. The staff was always cheerful and whenever there was an issue it was remedied immediately. We stayed for our anniversary and will stay again if we visit London

3  Thank Ron J
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Visited whilst attending a function at a different venue so we did not have a meal and cannot therfore comment on food. However, we did have breakfast which was pleasant but fairly standard fare.
Service at the bar was excellent and the bar itself was spacious, well furnished and comfortable.
The bedroom was quite small but certainly good enough for our needs as we were only there for the one night.
The location - just a couple of hundred yards from Buckingham Palace - was superb.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple