My husband & I just recently returned to our home in Boston, after celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary in London & Paris. It was a wonderful trip. We started out w/ 5 nights at The Rubens at the Palace, which was one of the hotels recommended to us by our travel agent. Anyway, he definitely didn't steer us wrong! We were soooo happy w/ our stay at The Rubens! We felt extremely welcomed from the moment we stepped into the lobby to check in. We were first greeted by Joanna from Guest Services, and then checked into our room at the front desk. The hotel is very small, intimate, and personal. It feels very British & traditional. That is one of the reasons we also chose to stay there. We wanted the experience of an authentic British hotel. We paid for a larger room & were on the 4th floor (I believe). The room was still on the smaller side, but that is to be expected in the UK & Europe, in general. The room was always clean & well kept, so definitely no complaints. The location of the hotel was just perfect for us too. Just a short walk to Buckingham Palace (don't miss the changing of the guard at 11:30am daily), and a really nice walk through St. James's Park, and over to the Jubilee Bridge, the London Eye, and Westminster Pier (where we took a cruise down the Thames to the Tower of London). Everything was quite easily accessible from the hotel. Also, the concierges (David & Alex) were fabulous w/ making recommendations for us, especially on where to eat. They took care of our dinner reservations & never steered us wrong. They were so helpful & pleasant every day. We loved chatting w/ them too. We also really liked Nathan (at the front door). Everyone was so caring & really seemed genuinely interested in how we were doing throughout our stay. As for restaurants, we loved the places recommended by Alex & David. If you enjoy steak & seafood, try "Gaucho" in Piccadilly Circus. We also loved the fish & seafood at "Scott's Seafood Restaurant," and "J. Sheekey's". Hope this reveiew helps! I don't usually write reviews...but loved the people at Rubens so much...that I really wanted to give the positive feedback. We would definitely recommend this hotel, and hope to be back again in the near future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace